A86 open

know what u mean well i am gonna leave it till i got a spare card or I get bored, got a load of modems to do tomorow dont know how i've ended up with em but I'm gonna have a play

Well I have at least one A86 sat here doing nothing, think I already broke the other, so I think i'll grab the d13 hex and play about. It's not as though the cards are doing anything else apart from cluttering up the desk. When sale of my house finally goes through I'm gonna buy some stuff just to play around, like a nexus, ubomb, anything else I can potentially break! Keeps me off the streets at least. ;)

fes_786 said:
but the script needs a fair bit of work doing to it because it's looped a fair bit of peoples card...........well it is a test so these things happen
i wonder if looping is because of the amount of time left to glitch or actual scripting problem, as i said earlier I kno sfa bout scripts as yet but will learn, make my life easier, I think, and give me something new to play at, and avoid the missus and the fookin soaps of a night time oh and of course big brother what a load of shite.

tep said:
When sale of my house finally goes through I'm gonna buy some stuff just to play around, like a nexus, ubomb, anything else I can potentially break! Keeps me off the streets at least. ;)

What you using at mo mate, what settings have you tried??

I have the blue T911, I just flashed the newd11x on it today and it will probably be tomorrow before I get to put a card in it and run the script. I will let you know what happens after I try it a few times with different settings.

mmmm well having now got some rom10's i cleaned a glitched a82 in nagra inserted bk and ird and let it stream lock to a86 last night.
The nexus appears very unreliable, i set it off last night on this a86 as you can see the rsts were pretty few and far between. i think rsts are what we need to be aiming for tbh. i got up this morning and the script was still running - no joy there, was very dissapointed let me tell you lol.
anyway i stopped the script and switched to my ubomb and set it of again, and as i have come to expect i got a got hit.

One more thing i was thinking about at work today lol - the hex buffers??

anyone noticed this?

THE HEX BUFFERS ON EACH GLITCHER - i keep coming back to this, posted this
as a place of interest. Would somebody care to check in their datasheets
to make sure i didn't fook up when i was checking cheers.

philips 74hct04N propogation delay - 8n/s (nano seconds) -
never failed to glitch (jabs ubomb all chips phillips) - straight forward mod.

philips 74hct04D propogation delay - 20n/s (nano seconds) -
nexus T911 have been able to compensate, but only hamming lol
(will get into that over weekend) 2 successive hits. smd device havn't checked for an alt yet

texas instruments 74hct04N propogation delay - 23n/s (nano seconds) -
old usa ubomb, defo big time hamming lol. then i got 1 hit

compensating for this seems to yield results i.e producing the desired resets and vcc's
on the nexus and ubomb.

ok thanks for looking in guys.

twobeercans

Last edited:
i have now had a chance to get some 74hct04 (phillips type), i have spoken to a friend who informs me that there are several smd types available with pd's around the 8n/s mark, i strongly suspect changing this in the nexus will yield fruitful results.
i have concluded this based on the following;
having compared the data sheets for the ubomb from jabs i.c's (all phillips 74hct04's 8n/s pdelay) and an older ubomb ic's (texas instruments 74hc04's 23n/s pdelay) and a nexust911 (phillips 74hct04D 20n/s pdelay)and having experimented with modifying the wave to compensate for the lag i discovered when doing these experiments that the older ubomb was able to function (not roughly the same as the jabs ubomb but identically) having seen this i have tonight changed the aforementioned i.c for the phillips 8n/s type and a test run has concluded that it is almost mirroring the activity of the jabs ubomb. now wether or not jabs just got a load of phillips chips on the chip or wether somebody realised this would tighten up the timing i don't know, maybe just lucky.

my intention from tonight when the wife gets home is to modify the nexus with a veroboarded replacement for the 74hct04D that is used in there. this should have been obvious because some time back i had 2 nexus t911 the first had an average vcc when glitching in the 32-3a range but the second was 25-2c range. i have to conclude that because a manufacturer can only really off the specs as a maximum propogation delay then some chips obviously come up below that mark. in the case of the 74hct04D used in nexus and most blue t911's the propagation delay is therefore listed as 20n/s and i feel this is just to wide of the mark to glitch accurately. of course in an ideal world we would like less than 5n/s.

i encourage true testers to break out the soldering iron and grab a few hex invertors with 8m/s or less delays from farnells and take a look see.

i have posted this info in this thread as a courtesy to the script writers without whom we would have little to occupy ourselves(thanx for your efforts guys), for my own part i will come back to this thread when i have completed the modification on the nexusT911 and report my findings there in detail. i am beginning to think in essence what is really needed for testing is a far superior glitcher than we currently have available to us!!!!!

twobeercans

well mate good to see your on the ball as usuall TBC . a super glitcher ya say look out sky your next lol

ok I've had a few goes this morning. Tried different vccstart, different glitch delay, and changed glitchmax to 8. I keep getting this error though...

Sc.Read: Timeout Reading Data From Card - 2 Bytes Requested, 0 Bytes Read, Continuing Script

Script Error on Line 176
Sc.GetByte: Requested Byte Exceeds Last Read Request

Is there a delay setting to increase? I'm guessing either the card is not responding fast enough, or stopped responding at all.
I'll keep adjusting things and trying more.

trying to have a go at a86 with blue t911.. doesn't matter what i change.. i get ird but then says "unable to identify provider.. exiting..... obviously i'm doing something wrong.... anybody give me a clue so i can at least get a bit further???/

irratic said:
trying to have a go at a86 with blue t911.. doesn't matter what i change.. i get ird but then says "unable to identify provider.. exiting..... obviously i'm doing something wrong.... anybody give me a clue so i can at least get a bit further???/
thats what im getting m8,i didnt used to,i did flash the hex with d11 i think,,and now its saying that,so maybe its the firmware problem.

benny59 said:
its only a test script m8, {so you could easily loop the card with a ubomb as a nexus}---"theres a chance it might not loop , but you might not get into the card anyway--------its your choice if you want to use it

there's no reliability with any script---"it all depends on the person doing the glitching and his setup"

Hi

Trying to unlock A86 Rom 10 but had no success yet how do you knw if u looped the card? is there anyway of telling the card's looped?

Thanks
Eggie

danty... you need to use the newd11x flash mate. well its started mine running

eggie said:
Hi

Trying to unlock A86 Rom 10 but had no success yet how do you knw if u looped the card? is there anyway of telling the card's looped?

Thanks
Eggie

If the script still runs then the card is processing commands and is not looped.

edcase

i keep getting script error on line 176...anyone got past this?????? keep changing things but will only get that far...(i'm only a novice at this)

macca .what have you set your initial settings at? do you get past the first glitch????

have any of u tried runnin it in compatabilty mode for win98 that should sort it

it did for me

have you unlocked an a86 mate? what using ? and what were your initial settings?

Back