A wii chip

shabbaranks

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I too have been bitten by the wii bug although unlike you guys I am gonna be patient and wait until the new year. Does anyone know if there is any chip development for this console to play "backed up" games...

Merry Christmas!

Hi guys, I too have been bitten by the wii bug although unlike you guys I am gonna be patient and wait until the new year. Does anyone know if there is any chip development for this console to play "backed up" games...

Merry Christmas!
there are chips for wii.......PulseVU ...Viper
Contrary to popular belief Nintendo Wii uses standard DVDs with a modified filesystem for game storage. Nintendo Wii modchip called Viper was released in December of 2006. There is a moded hacked BIOS available for the Viper called Cobra that allows the user to directly boot a back-up or homebrew game on a 3-inch DVD-R inserted in the Nintendo Wii's optical drive Like most console mod-chips, it attempts to avoid legal complications by including no code which circumvents copy protection or is copyrighted by Nintendo.
here's a pic to install the pulseVU...looks a peace of cake to install...

Last edited:
it doesnt take them long - does it?!??! Has anyone had a crack at this or are you gonna wait until your warrenty runs out before you try???

now to me that looks complicated ,what do u guys think ?

Well I know a soldering guru so I will ask him to have a crack at it... Worth a pop although I cant find any locations to download the games - any pointers?

it doesnt take them long - does it?!??! Has anyone had a crack at this or are you gonna wait until your warrenty runs out before you try???
every console ive had has been cracked open on first day of purchase waiting for the warrenty to run out is very slow going and there's a chance of missing out on some early hacks ...most peeps will wait the 12 months but then find problems with laser or even update probs ...as soon as i get one it will be modded...:xmas: :xmas:

Back