A countdown to war programme, Digital World Debate

mervano you dont know your own history m8 there were irish soliders fighting in the war against hitler the battle of the somme ever heard of it tripoly ever heard of it the country of ireland was nutreal but not its people but i wouldnt expect anything different from some-one that cant say why they want a war just repeating what they hear on tv isnt good enough try finding out about these thing before just blabbing i want war ..ps owenzy m8 the santions dont cover everything the medical supplies were cut off for three years m8 ....

Ah well, I knew I would draw a response from you countryboy.
ye see, I'm from N.Ireland so I do know a wee bit about our history.
I know about, and appreciate those great men from the south who sacrificed so so much. Well done lads, real volunteering heros.
I was of course refering (as you've quite rightly pointed out) to the neutrality of southern Ireland. Piggin' scandelous m8.
If Hitler had won Ireland would never have been allowed the luxury of staying neutral again. Those who fought and died, done so for Ireland too.

What goaded me (and I really shouldn't assume things) was the fact that anything Celtic and from Ireland, usually accompanied a hatred of anything British. Dont get me wrong - I'm not a Rangers fan.

Anyway countryboy, we've had our wee "go" at each other, so lets move on and try to make this shaky agreement work.
We can still be friends in spite of our differences.

EH? :)

Mervano u are out of order dragging this debate down a sectairian route i for one dont think there are any sectarian connatations in countryboys arguements and for the good of the forum i think you should appologise unreservedly.

Originally posted by IANBBB
Mervano u are out of order dragging this debate down a sectairian route i for one dont think there are any sectarian connatations in countryboys arguements and for the good of the forum i think you should appologise unreservedly.

right there m8

but if he knows countryboy
which he dosnt

What goaded me (and I really shouldn't assume things) was the fact that anything Celtic and from Ireland, usually accompanied a hatred of anything British. Dont get me wrong - I'm not a Rangers fan.

yes he suports celtic and he lives in ireland but he is SCOTCH

thankyou .............anyone one that does know me will know there is not a secterian bone in my body i dont care about that stuff and everyone knows this feck most of the members on here would be english and ive got to say they are some of the nicest people ive ever had the pleasure of knowing aswell as that im from a mix family ...m8 read my other post on this you will see i condemed america for letting norad collect money in the usa to buy weapons for a terrorist oraniastion (ira) to me it dosent matter who pulls the triger who blast a bomb killing is wrong .....and when its for unjustified resons like the war on iraq ...money oil usa felexing its muscles then i cant and will never say its right and the fact that they wont give us proof tells me they are lying.....

Don't really want to get involved in this debate, but I think that that post by mervano is totally contrary to the spirit of this forum. An apology is definately required.

:( :(

this post was started about the forthcoming invasion about Iraq, not about sectarian stuff,

anybody into any form of religion are usually taught to respect others ,

the last time we had anything like this was from another member who quickly disapeared when he knew 100% of the forum wouldnt tolerate this crap,

an that started all because of a football debate,

and again it was aimed against Drew ,

Drew m8 dont rise to it!!

anyone knowing countryboy knows he is a man who respects all people irrelevant of race , creed , or colour,

so I agree Mervano the road you are trying to take this thread down is bang out of order:(

Scoot

i never get involved with these posts because they only ever go one way :(.

not saying they aint fun but if i had my say you would all think badly of me lmao !!

so i leave these alone !!!

Thats why I'm keeping my opinions to myself M8 lol :eek: :eek:

But I'm reading with intrest ;)

no Mickie it would be really interesting to hear your views m8,]

thats what its all about a debate,

Scoot;)

nah its alright scoot i will leave these debates to you son !!!

I've been out all day lads and was unable to reply.

BUT, here I am and I must say I thought I had taken care of things between me and countryboy - see end of my last post.

Unfortunately I get very patriotic when it comes to our troops going to war, and I dont understand it when some of us dont give them the support they deserve.
I know you dont direct your anti war remarks towards the army, but towards the politicians.
However, our boys get to hear it and they feel discouraged and unsupported.

Unfortunately for me, I've met tqo many people over here that hate the British and would love to see every one dead.
That's why I become very defensive towards them.

@countryboy,
I've not heard you seek for an apology - though others feel offended for you. Strange!
But I feel you understand where I'm coming from and therefore hold no grudge towards me.
There are people on the other side of the divide who feel exactly the same towards the south. They are also wrong. Bigots the lot - I only claim to be patriotic.

To countryboy - and no one else!! butt out.

My hand is outstreched.

Your friend, mervano ;)

BTW, I'm neither Prod nor Catholic - Honest!

Listen m8 we look out for each other on here and you were out of order and i am sure cb was hurt and offended by your comments. And by the way this forum is not about butting out.
If you dont want anyone else involved in your comments then use the p.m. facility for privacy.
That way no one will have to but out.
Finaly i am and always will be behind our boys in whatever campain they are invoved in.
But im am sure as feck not behind bush or blair.
Enough said by me.

thanx mervano for the pm .. i know well all have different views and the best thing about digi-world is that were all aloud to express then very rarely anyone here falls out and m8 im not going to fallout with you over this the more people on this forum the better and we dont always have to agree with each other thats just life. so m8 welcome to our wee family:)

sounds good to me CB.

But you have to hand it to me - that was some entrance I made! eh?
NEVER AGAIN!! in future I'll slip in by the back door.

To the rest o' the gang.... yer all a pack o' plunkers :) :)

all the best lads

It's ok CB, from where I come from being called a PLONKER would be regarded as a friendly gesture. It's wasn't intended to be derogitory.

oops! what's that I hear coming from the radio? something about the CIS cup!!! :):):):):) As if I cared.

get back on track all of you please....

your all plonkers, and i luv ya ... so talk about the war not each others man hoods !!!

yea m8 but this time it's not a comdey but it is being run by 2 jokers ... god help us with these 2 1 the most powerfull man in the world the other a fecking puppet with no mind of his own who only got to were of he is because of the untimly death of a true socailst john smith (great man) btw the silence was defening last night from the politians about those mudering scum the isrealies killing 7 palastine women and children ...but do you no the sad thing the bastards dont even have to explain themselves becayse america and brittian will back them up ...btw that make near 300 violations of un rules that isreal have broken near 200 more than iraq .......... go some-one tell then this is a justifed war and not just for oil and revenge

Back