5G Worth the move?

Thats was the drink mate. Whetherpoons 10am was it 😄

I see over 500mb where im am but could literally hit the mast with a stone. Not seen it below 500mb i may be doing what @kegnkiwi had done and fully switch to 5G with an external ariel Yagi or somat aimed at the mast to get the best from it.
Just one thing to note mate is that the new zte routers that 3 give out do not have external aerial sma ports. Something like this does.
3 NETWORK HUAWEI H112-370 5G WIFI 6 ROUTER 2.3GBPS HOME OFFICE RJ11 TEL PORT VPN 6901443320271 | eBay

I tried a 4g router with two aerials on my extension roof and they were ok, they belonged to work so I bought my own high-gain aerial, and its the worst thing I've ever had. It's chucked in the garage. Do you have an open 5g phone? Test a test sim from smarty and try the 5g on your window sill to see what speed you would expect to get.

Also not if you buy a 3 branded router if they are sold on without it being unlocked then 3 will not do it for anyone. If you can get an already unlocked one its best.

I see over 500mb where im am but could literally hit the mast with a stone. Not seen it below 500mb i may be doing what @kegnkiwi had done and fully switch to 5G with an external ariel Yagi or somat aimed at the mast to get the best from it.

Just cause you are next to a mast does not mean you are being served by that mast. I live 500m from a cell tower and only found out after using cell mapper im not actually connecting to that tower but one over 3Km away as my network didnt have any cells on that tower until recently and that tower is set up to service the other side.

In most cases towers are designed to service one area so lets say you are north of a tower and that tower is configured to service south then you more than likely wont connect to it even if your under it and you may be connecting to one Kms away. You can see the area they service by clicking on the cells in cellmapper.

Just cause you are next to a mast does not mean you are being served by that mast. I live 500m from a cell tower and only found out after using cell mapper im not actually connecting to that tower but one over 3Km away as my network didnt have any cells on that tower until recently and that tower is set up to service the other side.

In most cases towers are designed to service one area so lets say you are north of a tower and that tower is configured to service south then you more than likely wont connect to it even if your under it and you may be connecting to one Kms away. You can see the area they service by clicking on the cells in cellmapper.
I will check cell mapper out bud thanks.

Whatever mast im connected to i have a full signal if i walk my dog by the mast im at 700mb as i get home it drops anything from 500 to 620 so i made the assumption it was that mast with the knowledge before that mast was put up i had no 5g signal at all.

Not anymore mate. Manage to drink 2 pints on a good day but usually just the one to my amigos 4. Try to get out every Monday but occasionally miss one. I'm on heavy medication.
Can't abide my local spoons', full of young single women with prams and pushchairs 😂

Back