Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

500s EPG

J

Inactive User
used this post and done 3day epg most channels mapped
and put 0n a 500 and 600 .sorted cheers wiz
uploaded for anyone who want s try it out. var/tuxbox/config/dbepg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mate, i also retrieved 3 days but the file i get is 6.16MB. This is on a dm500 saving to network mount, using radiotimes as rytec does not work in a 500 with network mount.( does retrieve but holes all over)
Here is how i do it.

The internal memory of all enigma1 boxes is too small for an extended EPG store.
Therefore is it necessarily to store to Sqlite database to a hard disk, USB stick or CF
card. The hard drive could be a mounted network drive. Use a CIFS mount, no NFS
mount.

In Pli Jade3 SQlite is installed. But not activated

Activiation:

Blue button:

System properties.

EPG

EPG store: select SQlite Choose a place for the database on the network mount.
Next install the SQlite EPG download plugin:

blue button

Software

download.

Start the Dreambox EPG Config via the Yellow button, select Dreambox EPG Config.

The next screen appears:

Select Package: Radio Times

Press the blue button to see the channels ,you have to map them by linking them to each other in the left and right boxes,this can be a pain but you only need to do it once.Once your done green button to save,then select the following.

Time Offset: 0
Number of day: your choice but i find it best at 2 days
Use Cron: X
Update at: Select a time that the update is wanted.

Press Retrieve (Yellow button). A retrieve will be between 5 and 10 minutes.

There is a more detailed guide on the pli wiki page,but folow this and you should be ok.

no need for all that just use temp folder.
epg is great no holes anywhere m8.

Cheers mate, will have a go when im next due to retrieve.The only downside i can see would be if i had to reboot the box all stored data would be lost.

The only downside i can see would be if i had to reboot the box all stored data would be lost.

That is the only downside m8,
but just do what I do ftp in to the /tmp folder and download the epg.db to your pc,
then if necessary you can ftp it back over :)

JTH people using your dbepg file will need to use the same channel list as you for it to work so could you please post a copy of your channel list.

JTH people using your dbepg file will need to use the same channel list as you for it to work so could you please post a copy of your channel list.

I mapped them from sat services so u. Don't need same channel list.
Buy I'll upload it for u when I get home if u want

here u go m8
just delete the italia folder as mine is set for 13 east also

so what if ya reboot and the data is lost... its a working epg on a 500...... it only takes a few minutes to re-download the epg data, and makes it possible to not to mount a network drive, set it to download automatically everyday for 2 days worth, just change time from 6am, to say 11 am, more chance of the radio times file been live i reckon.

Can someone help me with getting this on to a Gemini image? I have GP 4.7 (latest).

When I go to the Plugin section there is no SQLite or rytec xml.

Any idea how I can get these?

Thanks.

advice i got on here m8 was download latest menu.that was on a dm500 though
but it was correct advice.so try that.

Sorry, but I don't have a software management option within the menu. I've gone through it several times. Looking around on the net I found the offcial site for the EPG plug-in and found the xml but not the SQLite. (sorry - I'm on another PC so can't post the URL).

Thanks.

Back