5 likes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not so much the where to put them,as they can easily go in the adult room,
its the remembering to put them there that's the problem,
and that of course then leads us to how do you decide whats adult material and whats not,

I would agree with ellie in so much as a lot of the jokes I wouldnt like my children to read,
as well as not liking to expose them to some of these jokes,children cannot always tell a joke from fact,
so there has to be some form of responsibility on us the members of this forum,

also apart from all that most of sticky's jokes are crap anyway :D

Understood. It's a perception problem (@wizz and @rat).

I'm trying to see both sides and all I'm really seeing is an argument blowing up when there shouldn't be one...

...yeah, I know, I've always been a mediator - dumb fooker me lol

Personally, I think there is a lot worse on the internet for kids and parents to be concerned with other than some close to the bone jokes.

If this is the extent of the concern, then we are into the realms of wrapping people up in cotton wool.

The forum is fraught with other innuendo's and direct comments without even targeting one specific sub forum. If you wanted to take it further I could ask that all betting/gambling threads be protected. After all when I have to install net filtering systems betting is one key area that's filtered out, especially for kids.

But hey ho, makes no real difference to me.

Last edited:
Personally, I think there is a lot worse on the internet for kids and parents to be concerned with other than some close to the bone jokes.

If this is the extent of the concern, then we are into the realms of wrapping people up in cotton wool.

The forum is fraught with other innuendo's and direct comments without even targeting one specific sub forum. If you wanted to take it further I could ask that all betting threads be protected. After all when I have to install net filtering systems betting is one key area that's filtered out.

I agree there is a lot worse on the internet but we can only control so much,
as for wrapping people up in cotton wool then I guess that makes me a bad parent,think I'll live :)

The forum is fraught with other innuendo's and direct comments without even targeting one specific sub forum.

As I said
I'm quite shocked that members want children to find offensive/racist/sexual jokes on this forum, I can understand some forums but I thought we were better than that, I hope i'm not mistaken.

There is lots of stuff elsewhere on the internet that we don't allow here are you suggesting that we should let anything go or am I misreading you.

Yes your correct on the cotton wool, that will remain for areas that can be seen without logging in I fail to see why you cannot understand this.

himher has a good idea and similar was suggested by a mod in the mods room a few days ago. Hopefully we can look at an adult section in the fun and laughter area that has password access.
I will lay money that sticky will ignore it within a month as he has been told continually about putting his adult stuff in the adult room and is either incabable or unwilling so I can't see him using an adult section in the fun and laughter area either.

@sticky pm's are your business unlike some forums we cannot red pm's unless a user shows us them.

Its really quite simple.
1. Read the rules
2. Stick to the rules

Result. Forum runs well and everybody is happy :)

I don't think I said we should let anything go, my point was that if you want to move a few jokes then you may as well move a proportion of other posts and areas too. There is a fine line of course and it's never easy to get a happy medium, but if i was to take the moral high ground, I wouldn't want my kids being subject to betting and gambling, but that isn't password protected, yet is is equally just as harmful.

I was just trying to say that to me (and everyone's perception is different) what is posted by Sticky 99% of the time doesn't even quantify censorship or discussion. My daughter see's and hears a lot worse, in school, on the street etc, and despite me teaching her right from wrong I'm not about to hide her away from everything mildly inoffensive, as I don't see how she can digest and understand my point, but that's just me going off on a tangent.

Last edited:
Its really quite simple.
1. Read the rules
2. Stick to the rules

Result. Forum runs well and everybody is happy :)

Simply expressed - incorrect conclusion - it's illogical as Spock would say ;)

There's a need to review periodically...that may not mean a rule change but perhaps some other change...

I don't think I said we should let anything go, my point was that if you want to move a few jokes then you may as well move a proportion of other posts and areas too. There is a fine line of course and it's never easy to get a happy medium, but if i was to take the moral high ground, I wouldn't want my kids being subject to betting and gambling, but that isn't password protected, yet is is equally just as harmful.

I was just trying to say that to me (and everyone's perception is different) what is posted by Sticky 99% of the time doesn't even quantify censorship or discussion. My daughter see's and hears a lot worse, in school, on the street etc, and despite me teaching her right from wrong I'm not about to hide her away from everything mildly inoffensive, as I don't see how she can digest and understand my point, but that's just me going off on a tangent.

I don't think so - despite our hopeful, rosy spectacle state, we would no doubt be horrified to hear what our kids discuss in our absence. That's not all down to Internet or other 'new' influences, that's just life. However, we do have to think about whether we can do something to influence that in a positive way. Like, would you be happy to sit down with your kids and watch a 'bonking' film 'for all the family'? I think not. If this forum is to be responsible then perhaps the adult bit and the open bit need a tad more separation :)

Him Her said:
that may not mean a rule change but perhaps some other change...

Exactly, sticky needs to post in a different room.
It's as easy as that.

Sent from the "Curious Rover"

I don't think so - despite our hopeful, rosy spectacle state, we would no doubt be horrified to hear what our kids discuss in our absence. That's not all down to Internet or other 'new' influences, that's just life. However, we do have to think about whether we can do something to influence that in a positive way. Like, would you be happy to sit down with your kids and watch a 'bonking' film 'for all the family'? I think not. If this forum is to be responsible then perhaps the adult bit and the open bit need a tad more separation :)

I think this is where common sense comes in, there is a distinct difference between watching a "bonking film" in front of your kids than reading some jokes on a public forum, I think we all are aware of boundaries and some of the extremities that can be had. This is why we have classifications when filtering. I will though make my point again only this time actually play the moral point in that if jokes are moved. given they could result in a potential race, wife, Irish, English, Scottish, Scouse riot, I would like the betting and gambling section moved also as it promotes gambling, debt and can potentially lead towards crime. But if we are going to do any of that then you may as well censor a large percentage of the language, masturbating and flasher emoticons, and posts with innuendo, smutty remarks or anything which is potentially illegal.....oh wait.

I did just spend 10 minutes browsing the jokes section, and it's not just sticky's to be fair I see a lot of other's but his seems to be targeted more, maybe because he posts more, but you could in some shape or another construe most of them as offensive to any one of a number of groups of people.

I do have a suggestion however and this is how I've ran forums in the past in that the forum is also split to have section publicly visible to draw people in for help etc (if that's the core of the discussion and the point that is made about turning up on Google), and then hide the rest away unless registered.

Last edited:
I think this is where common sense comes in, there is a distinct difference between watching a "bonking film" in front of your kids than reading some jokes on a public forum, I think we all are aware of boundaries and some of the extremities that can be had. This is why we have classifications when filtering. I will though make my point again only this time actually play the moral point in that if jokes are moved. given they could result in a potential race, wife, irish, english, scottish riot, I would like the betting and gambling section moved also as it promotes gambling, debt and can potentially lead towards crime. But if we are going to do any of that then you may as well censor a large percentage of the language and posts with innuendo, smutty remarks or anything which is potentially illegal.....oh wait.

I did just spend 10 minutes browsing the jokes section, and it's not just sticky's to be fair I see a lot of other's but his seems to be targeted more, maybe because he posts more, but you could in some shape or another construe most of them as offensive to any one of a number of groups of people.

Agreed. I don't agree with gambling with 'real' money. On the other hand how will children differentiate between 'real' money and DW money? I don't agree with zoos either and I abhor fast food places such as McDonalds. In fact, none of my kids ever went to McDonalds until they were old enough to go themselves - that's just me. Views vary, mods and admins have to take a view, lines have to be taken but flexibility and change needs to be considered.

Surely, if there was a place where rules were much more flexible (even non-existent) then posts that mods and admins were concerned about could be moved there? Then all would be at least reasonably happy - they could post, others could read but you would need a password to see them?

Is this rocket science?

Ok sort a room out then if you want then mods can approve or move is that what you thinking mh

We have the room, anything that is adult, or could be construed as racist can be posted there. Any bog standard clean jokes can be in the fun and laughter room.

There is no need to reinvent the wheel, unless its for the French ;)

Sent from the "Curious Rover"

Your obviously not a father then.

I would not be happy if I had young children that found sticky offensive jokes from a google search unless you think that it's ok for children to read his stuff ?

I have much more offensive stuff on my phone and in emails but I am intelligent enough to work out that I don't want children to see it so I don't post them here.

I live in Essex but we do have some standards of decency of what we allow children to see, it seems maybe this isn't the same everywhere.

I'm quite shocked that members want children to find offensive/racist/sexual jokes on this forum, I can understand some forums but I thought we were better than that, I hope i'm not mistaken.
5 kids and 5 grandkids ellie and my youngest is 12. and he's not allowed to go on the net in my house unless am watching what he's doing. all said and done i dont know what he does when he's in some 1 elses house that i have no control over.and any decent parent would not let there children use the net with out them being present ! just my view.ellie all so you cant type most things in google and be taken to a site thats by far worse than the jokes on here.. have a go its rather funny some time's try blue waffle for starters but sit well back ;)

Last edited:
Ok sort a room out then if you want then mods can approve or move is that what you thinking mh
I hope that he is thinking that you can work it out for yourself, we are not here because you are to lazy to put them in the correct area (we have had this discussion before to many times).
It's not rocket science if you don't think it's suitable for children it goes in the adult room is it that to hard a concept to grasp ?.

<snip>

I do have a suggestion however and this is how I've ran forums in the past in that the forum is also split to have section publicly visible to draw people in for help etc (if that's the core of the discussion and the point that is made about turning up on Google), and then hide the rest away unless registered.

Excellent idea but it's not going to happen i'm afraid.

My daughter see's and hears a lot worse, in school, on the street etc, and despite me teaching her right from wrong I'm not about to hide her away from everything mildly inoffensive, as I don't see how she can digest and understand my point, but that's just me going off on a tangent.

I see where you're coming from Exos, your daughter possibly could hear and read a lot worse, I know my niece has, but why should WE add to it? They could Google a word or two and it leads to a potentially offensive joke that came from DW. It would probably be a long shot that it did, but for me I'd hate to think my niece read a joke that has caused this little chat between the DW community and she said, "I googled *whatever words* and the joke was on here" pointing to DW :(

Better in a forum that requires a password in my opinion :)

I hope that he is thinking that you can work it out for yourself, we are not here because you are to lazy to put them in the correct area (we have had this discussion before to many times).
It's not rocket science if you don't think it's suitable for children it goes in the adult room is it that to hard a concept to grasp ?.

No, it's not rocket science but maybe a public discussion is not good for the forum?

Excellent idea but it's not going to happen i'm afraid.

Then it would be unwise for me to comment further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back