Cremation Prices

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Reaction score
I see these adverts for a no fuss and bother funeral and the price is fcuking ridiculous, over a grand ffs. Surly they're taking the pss? There's only one Crem i can think of in my locality so they really have the monopoly. I wonder if you could purchase some sort of furnace and set yourself up, charge a reasonable price, say £500 a pop. You'd be minted in no time.

More often than not, it will not be the local crematorium and probably a small private furnace run by the funeral director company. Also, the ashes may not be laid to rest in your preferred local area of choice unless you request to have the ashes returned. Usually it is a garden run by the company.

My mother paid around a £1000. They sent her this card with a number which one day we'll have to ring. They pick up the body and return the ashes to us.
Still think it's rather expensive.

Pauper's grave for me. ;) Lol

My mother paid around a £1000. They sent her this card with a number which one day we'll have to ring. They pick up the body and return the ashes to us.
Still think it's rather expensive.

Pauper's grave for me. ;) Lol
Never heard of anyone being left up before, so you probably have the best idea Dar1437

I think it's scandalous. With so many people being better educated, more knowledgeable about how the world and the universe really works, and more people being less religious these days, we should have the option of taking a loved one's body to the incinerator at the local hospital, they could even have some kind of heat exchanger attached to the incinerator to help heat the hospital so a little good has come from our loss.

We should be able to get the death certificate and something signed by two doctors to take with us, along with the body, in a van or estate car and get it done for a few quid with no greedy undertakers ripping us off.

This agnostic verging on atheist agrees with you.
I've been Atheist/ Agnostic and Theist at different times of my life. Currently I'm with you Av.
I've still got an open mind regarding death. I can't believe anything written in a book anymore. At my age, in this world of illusion and with the lies I've had to endure, it's hard to take anything at face value anymore lol.
To be honest, I don't really care. Everlasting peace sounds pretty good to me. ;)

@dar1437 For me, you live, you learn you die the end.
I always think about this that Edgar Allan Poe once wrote. Not sure if he heard elsewhere but always sticks in my mind.
“You are young yet, my friend,” replied my host, “but the time will arrive when you will learn to judge for yourself of what is going on in the world, without trusting to the gossip of others. Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.

I would say that goes for what you read as well. 🙄

@dar1437 For me, you live, you learn you die the end.
I always think about this that Edgar Allan Poe once wrote. Not sure if he heard elsewhere but always sticks in my mind.
“You are young yet, my friend,” replied my host, “but the time will arrive when you will learn to judge for yourself of what is going on in the world, without trusting to the gossip of others. Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.

I would say that goes for what you read as well. 🙄
Deffo Av
It's getting to the point where it's nothing of what you see also. Lol

Back