4200E Memory!

Anyone answer my last 2 posts for me please?

Oh b*l*cks!! ah well i suppose i'l be able to fix it with a max.
The blackcat is misbhaving with my sb5100e now.
#I'm reflashing it with original sb5100e flash and when i went to change the mac address i got a failure and have got to reflash it again.
Mighe be my own fault. I soldered a ribbon cable to the ten pin header so i could shut the case. I''ll open up the modem when i'm reader for the mac addy next time.
Thanks 666.you came to the rescue yet again cheers.
so is the blackcat ok for frimware but not for flash???
Come to think of it that's where the trouble started.
Maybe it's not ment for anything other than sigma shite???
I was trying to put hackware on when i got failures??
That link you gave although it has say schematics it dont give them.
I think the max233 is in the newbie tut wanyib.
I'm not that bothered at the mpoment.
Hopew i dont make the same mistake again,
cheers

I have already made up a MAX233 cable but it is not working for me. I suspect the problem is because I am using a 25 way to 9 way gender changer as my laptop does not have a serial port.

Was going to make a MAX232 also but they did not have all the parts in stock in the shop. Will try again at the end of the week to see if they are in as the cable are p!ss easy to make. Only took me 5-10mins if that to do the MAX233.

For anyone else who is looking for easy to understand drawings here you go:

MAX232
max2328yk.jpg

MAX233
[DLMURL]http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/6812/max2332rz.jpg[/DLMURL]

I am going to pop round a mates house tomorrow to try my cable on a proper serial port. What do I need to do if I can get Hyperterminal to talk to my SB4200E?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad news.

I have tried the MAX cable with no luck. Tried it the same way as the Ambit's and also the different way for the SB's and no reading what so ever.

Look's like I have myself a £97 paper weight! Ahh well, time to get a SB5100E and punish myself more......lol

Hopefully when someone does a full dump of the SB4200E I will be able to restore my modem back to life...... HOPEFULLY.

Back