42" LCD (decent make) wanted cheap as poss

wickettaker

Member +
Reaction score
Hi All

Ok Ive seen posts re lg but that deal looks as tho its gone
Id like a eally decent 42" LCD HD 1080 prefer 100hz if at all poss and at least 2 hdmis for as close to or under £500 as poss

Hope you can all help

links and pics would be ideal

Thanks in advance

not much response so far mate, ive just boought a 42" samsung but its plasma, seems decent enough. Got it from argos £489
Buy Samsung PS42A457P1DXXU 42in Plasma. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

also on play.com do a decent 40" samsung for £499

Play.com (UK) : Samsung R8 Series 40" LE40R87BD HD Ready Freeview Widescreen LCD TV : Electronics - Free Delivery

i always use Offer of the Day - All the sale & clearance items from major UK retailers when looking for things , hope it helps .

Does it have to be LCD?

You're gonna struggle to get 1080p with 100hz for that money!

What are you going to be playing on it?

LG 42LG3000 42" LCD TV - Cheap LG LCD TVs, Plasma TVs, HD Ready TVs

LG 42" LCD £469 at Dixons.

Cheapest named brand I have seen. I was looking for my mum for a 42", but as my step dad uses teletext a lot and leave it on I told them not to get a plasma as he would burn the screen with the teletext being a still image for a long period.

or go for the lg 42pg3000 - its a plasma.. 3 hdmi ports 2 scart 1 component.

excelent picture

Currys - Shop for Flat Panel TV - LG 42PG3000 42" Plasma TV

says 720 but runs at 1020i.. i paied just under £500 boout 4 months back

well £700 compete with the LG dvd home theatre kit..

nice peice of kit

Cheers for ur replies so far

Id prefer lcd but needs to be less than 103 cm wide total as have just measured so may have to settle for 40" :CRYBABY:

Sure i seen some either in Tesco or Morrisons around the £450 mark m8.

Rgds YanDmaN

If a 42" is too big I'd go for this.

Samsung and LG are fine but remember that they are budget brands with budget components.

As long as the TV supports 1080/24 it can be any resolution and you will never tell the difference. LCD is pale in comparison to plasma. Do some demoing before you buy and you will see.

As long as the TV supports 1080/24 it can be any resolution and you will never tell the difference. LCD is pale in comparison to plasma. Do some demoing before you buy and you will see.

Too true! 1080p resolution is highly over rated in my opinion.

I went for the Panny TH42PX80B over a few 1080p models just because it looked better! Especially on SD stuff

Back