4001 net id help

kimhthwy1958

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all i am trying to reset the netid using this method but when i pull the red jumper netid stays at 33555 and dont reset to 09999 programmed a funcard several times using this method but having no luck can someone help me out please what im i doing wrong trying to get it work in nottingham

thanks

create an 'inteep file'.....open inteep progger (attached) enter your netid and password, click on save……. Name file netidinteep

create an 'exteep file' ....... open exteep progger (attached), you will recognise this as the toxic progger used to program exteep file for atmega card, enter your ird and bk numbers in relevant boxes and then click on save ……… Name file netidexteep

Move netidexteep file just saved over the SwapBinHex icon….this will transform the bin file you created in step2 to a hex file which you program into the exteep

4. now when u program the exteep onto a card it normally erases the card.......so first program theexteep… 'netidexteep.hex' onto the card once this is done then load and program the inteep… 'netidinteep.hex' and finally the flash….‘netid_fun_v1.5.hex’(attached). It is imperative that you do this in this order for it to program correctly.

5. reset your stb ...... depending on your stb normally by pulling the red jumper or disconnecting the battery in the sammy.

6. reboot stb and enter the engineers menu, check the netid , frequency and symbol rate readings in the menu. If you have reset the box correctly then netid should read 09999.

7. Set the correct Frequency for your area (this is done manually in the engineers menu).....90% of the time the symbol rate should be correct so you shouldn't have to change this (u need to check the stb manual to find out what this should be set at or alternatively check a working stb)

8.go to the page in the engineers menu that shows the netid (should be default at 09999)....NOW insert the funcard which u have programmed.

9. the stb should automatically reboot if everything is done right....If it doesn't self boot then reprogram the funcard and try again (making sure you reset the stb also (i.e. go through steps 1-7 again).

10. Once rebooted let the stb go through all the relevent firmware updates.....once it has been updated it will automatically reboot again.

11. once it has rebooted this second time you should get the normal screen on the tv stating an error message...... NOW remove the netidfuncard from the stb and insert the programmed viewing card for the box.

Have you tried Netid fun v1.5 hex?

1: open toxic7_ExtEEgen.exe, then input your
correct bk and ird all in forwards, click any provider
(doesnt matter which) and save as external,
you could then use the swap bin hex program to change it to a hex
file if you really want to, but it isnt needed...

2: open Netpingen.exe and enter your correct netid,
tick net only, then calc and save as menetid,
you can use this to set your pin, but i never bother

3: open your programmer sofware,
load the file you created called external, into external
load the file you called menetid into internal
load the file supplid with this kit called netid_fun_v1.5.hex into the flash section

4: Click write

The card should write, hopefully without any errors....lol

5: Now pull the red jumper on yor stb, or in the case of samsungs,
short out the battery for a couple of seconds

6: boot your stb to the engineers menu, set your pin and frequency

7: insert card, the stb should re-boot and do a software update,
so you may aswell make sure you have the feed in before you put the card in

Last edited:
h i i did one last week used
NetIDv2 Final makes all the files worked first time
Funny thing is i tried all the other ways and could never get box to reboot when i put card in
until i used this proggy

Have you tried Netid fun v1.5 hex?

1: open toxic7_ExtEEgen.exe, then input your
correct bk and ird all in forwards, click any provider
(doesnt matter which) and save as external,
you could then use the swap bin hex program to change it to a hex
file if you really want to, but it isnt needed...

2: open Netpingen.exe and enter your correct netid,
tick net only, then calc and save as menetid,
you can use this to set your pin, but i never bother

3: open your programmer sofware,
load the file you created called external, into external
load the file you called menetid into internal
load the file supplid with this kit called netid_fun_v1.5.hex into the flash section

4: Click write

The card should write, hopefully without any errors....lol

5: Now pull the red jumper on yor stb, or in the case of samsungs,
short out the battery for a couple of seconds

6: boot your stb to the engineers menu, set your pin and frequency

7: insert card, the stb should re-boot and do a software update,
so you may aswell make sure you have the feed in before you put the card in
yup done this and the netid stays at 33555 even when red jumper is pulled it should be 00008 for my area the box dont restart just stays in the eng menu
card status is waiting how long does it normally take to reeboot?

If the card has written ok it should boot in engineers menu as soon as you put in the card but make sure you get it in em first before putting it in.Take it your from Nottingham area like myself.
Another option is to take off red jumper and plug box in at someone elses house as your feed might be poor.I know mine is and i have loads of paces stuck in tune because of this.

ok i wrote the card again pulled red jumper booted up the eng menu popped the card in and net id changed to 00008 which is what i wanted all good so far now waited about ten minutes for the box to reboot which it never so i unplugged everything plugged everything back in let it load the i got the old ntl screen up with this message no services could be found please unplugged your stb and plug back in after ten seconds which i did and get the same message any ideas?

If its gone to 00008 it has set the correct net id.Make sure the frequency is correct,prob 643.00 or 755.00.
Box will now try to retune so its a waiting game for it to update.
Like i said before try it in another feed if you can or take off any splitters in your house if you have any.

If its gone to 00008 it has set the correct net id.Make sure the frequency is correct,prob 643.00 or 755.00.
Box will now try to retune so its a waiting game for it to update.
Like i said before try it in another feed if you can or take off any splitters in your house if you have any.

no probs its just stuck in tune at the mo and have it on a short feed downstairs so guess i would have to wait m8 will let you know of any updates

thanks

no probs its just stuck in tune at the mo so guess i would have to wait m8 will let you know of any updates

thanks

Might take a few minutes or all night.Might be stuck in tune next morning.Ive had a few like that.Most of time i put it down to poor feed so leave it as long as you can.
If not pop it round a friends or neighbours.Thats what ive done and it takes seconds at theirs where at mine its stuck forever.

if you are havng to force the netid on a 4001 then there is a problem, since normally it should sit on ***** with no netid. did i misread your post or is it a 4000?

tbc

Cheers lads managed to sort them out just relised as well the 4001 auto update netid and freq when you plug them in and let it update

thanks

since on later software if you pull the red jumper on a 4001 the netid reverts to ***** as usual, but if you have to do work on or the box has a fault immediately that it detects the netid it gets stuck in tune on a reboot. this can happen because the downstream tuner s not used to set the netid but it is used to receive c.map updates ect.

a nice little trick to get the netid set and still be able to access then eng menu is the following.

start up libby using a 4010 config or 4001 config if you have makes no difference.
boot the box into the engineering menu without cable feed attached.
once you see the eng menu connect the rs232 lead for libby, you should start to see channel scanning data appearing. now connect the feed while the box is running.
if the upstream tuner is working and the settings are correct the box will reboot very quickly. You must still have libby connected, because it will stop the flagging data being written to the nvram (it is this data that stops you entering the engineering menu, in this scenario).
if you now power down the box and disconnect libby you should be able to reboot into eng menu nps. then you can check your signal strengths ect and make sure the box will actually boot on request normally.
it is also possible to set the netid by force using this method and an atmega, this is purely for diagnostic purposes ! ordinarily a 4001 in good working order should boot eventually and set its netid even if the home freq is some way off.

tbc

Back