3G Dongle Pay As You Go For Free Just Pay £4.95 P+P

i have sorted it out set dns to automatic and can get connected hwever it is abit slow. wat abou bolt-ons what dos this mean and what bolt-on's will i get for topping up a £10 at the moment it is set to talkalot

your not gonna get much more anyway tbh but ok for free?

course you can, what protocol does it connect as, gprs is crap but most places I have tried get connected as hsdpa which is quite fast.

Dongle works fine on Windows 7 32bit.

i keep getting connected to EDGE how can you get connected to hspda

i have sorted it out set dns to automatic and can get connected hwever it is abit slow. wat abou bolt-ons what dos this mean and what bolt-on's will i get for topping up a £10 at the moment it is set to talkalot

talkalot is the o2 tariff and bolt-ons are extra packages such as free calls, mms, wap, etc (and the free internet access you will be using) but you don't need to worry about them. As for speed, mine is slow at the moment as well but it depends a lot on network coverage and how many others are using the same network in your area.

Joe

Last edited:
course you can, what protocol does it connect as, gprs is crap but most places I have tried get connected as hsdpa which is quite fast.

Dongle works fine on Windows 7 32bit.

When I was using the telstra connection it said hspda but my machine kept crashing so I am now using the global connection and that says umts, do you nkow what the difference is?

Joe

When I was using the telstra connection it said hspda but my machine kept crashing so I am now using the global connection and that says umts, do you nkow what the difference is?

Joe
UMTS is basically 3g, i believe hspda is a small step above that, you should get the same speed roughly with utms.

ok i got my dongle today is it only 02 iphone sims u get the free internet with? also anybody recomend a ebayer selling em plz?
is that the sim i need? . then do i jus unlock dongle and away i go?O2 iPhone 3G Pay & Go Sim Card - FREE INTERNET AND WIFI on eBay, also, O2 UK, Sim Cards, Mobile Home Phones (end time 24-Jun-09 11:38:57 BST)

Yes it needs to be an iphone sim, the one you linked to will do it, I bought this one sim but they are same so choose either. You need to activate the sim and top it up with £10 to get the free interenet access.

i keep getting connected to EDGE how can you get connected to hspda

you have to set it up to connect to o2

in the download manager click settings, then click add

in the config filename box type in o2

in the dial number box type in *99#

click save user name and password

in the username box type in payandgo

in the password password type in password

then click use the following APN name

in the APN box type in payandgo.o2.co.uk

leave evrything else as it is and click OK

then highlight the o2 connection and click set default.

Joe

Last edited:
UMTS is basically 3g, i believe hspda is a small step above that, you should get the same speed roughly with utms.

Cheers for that, I thought they would be similar as I hadn't changed anything in between using the two managers but obviously they must use slightly different technology.

Joe

I often thought about getting one of these PAYG dongles.....NOW I'm getting one....Thanks again to the poster!:Clap:

i have some how managed to break the sim card tray, is there a way of getting another without having to buy a new dongle....???

i have some how managed to break the sim card tray, is there a way of getting another without having to buy a new dongle....???
Try ebay, if not ring the offer organiser and say you got a faulty one.

Got it all setup, very easy to do. I got a Sim card here - [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B002714WKY/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all]Amazon.co.uk: Used and New: O2 Pay and Go iphone 3G Sim card with £10 Credit - Unlimited 02 Web and Wi-Fi access for 12 months - Sold & Dispatched by XSORIZE[/ame]

Came already activated and topped up by recorded delivery all for £12 :)

hi. how can i unlock dongle using vista? the software posted on ere it says do not run on vista?

hi. how can i unlock dongle using vista? the software posted on ere it says do not run on vista?

Could do with knowing this as well :) got vista laptop only so need to know if I can use this or not peeps :)

help guys i must be a bit of a thicko but how do i register the sim on the o2 site i cant see a section for it :CRYBABY:

help guys i must be a bit of a thicko but how do i register the sim on the o2 site i cant see a section for it :CRYBABY:

u dont need to register sim just top up £10 on sim and then away u go. hav u got an o2 iphone sim

Back