3G Dongle Pay As You Go For Free Just Pay £4.95 P+P

acer dont support this dongle for linpus aspire ones although it is recogised and connects to ttyusb1 it disconnects and needs to be rebooted so i have to find a huawie E160 or 220 might be interested in giving it to someone for the postage

edogg

acer dont support this dongle for linpus aspire ones although it is recogised and connects to ttyusb1 it disconnects and needs to be rebooted so i have to find a huawie E160 or 220 might be interested in giving it to someone for the postage

edogg

Hi mate, If you want shut, dont mind paying the postage for you.
LMK.
Cheers
Sorry, Not required now....family just cant make there bloody minds up...

Last edited:

edogg

pm sent mate

Got O2 sim today (cheers for link digi).
Topped up online (cheers for link lorrebreaker)
Unlocked modem (cheers ish_e)
Got config set up (cheers madnlooney)

And thanks to Brian for starting the thread. Rep added.

:Clap::Clap::Clap:

no bad is it less than 20 quid for 12month internet or about 30 quid if your like me and paid for the unlock i told my dad there was a free app about and he laughed at me downloaded and unlocked his own.

Got mine going in the last few minutes, too, sim arrived today.

I had a bit of trouble topping up with o2, first with web topup, then using the web sim in my own phone. Turns out that their limit is two separate mobile numbers per debit/credit card, so used missus's debit card instead.

Wish I'd seen the free software for unlocking it, but oh well, it's cost £4.95 + €15 + £10 topup, but I suppose if they end the web access, I'll still have the tenner for calls, eh?

So all in all not a bad bargain and in time for my daughter going to the east coast, she can take lappy and have 'net access.

So thanks again madnlooney, rep already added, cheers.

i have mine up and running tried to order 1 for my misses but it says cant validate account please contact us?
it says only per applicant doesnt say one per household guys any ideas?

any one ordered more than 1?

dont think you can order more than 1 per address.

Does it have to be an iphone sim or can it be any o2 payg sim??

dont think you can order more than 1 per address.

Does it have to be an iphone sim or can it be any o2 payg sim??

i have used a paygo sim but i do have unlimited internet aceess as a bolt on

i have mine up and running tried to order 1 for my misses but it says cant validate account please contact us?
it says only per applicant doesnt say one per household guys any ideas?

any one ordered more than 1?

I ordered two!changed address a little ie example 25 changed to 25a and it worked lol!I am only getting 128k speed on the dongle hmm.Great post rep added.

I ordered two!changed address a little ie example 25 changed to 25a and it worked lol!I am only getting 128k speed on the dongle hmm.Great post rep added.

doubt you will get any real speed from these.

please post your speeds and what simcard/provider you are using.

thanks

Virgin 10mb

3 dongle with O2 Iphone sim.

Speed is pants but I don't care as it was a bargain and I will make use of it. I will a different sofware thing tomorrow.

Virgin 10mb

3 dongle with O2 Iphone sim.

Speed is pants but I don't care as it was a bargain and I will make use of it. I will a different sofware thing tomorrow.

aye aint bad for the money huh gives u basic internet access ok for the car lol

to behonest im wondering how right that reading is i get roughly the same speed when i test but web pages open in seconds not much different from my broadband connection i did a speed test on the 3 sim near the begining of this thread i think and it was loads faster than the o2 one on the test but i cant see much of a difference when browsing etc. ill try the o2 sim on the newsgroups tomorrow and see what speed i get there.

Hi, did you get it to work with your acer aspire one?

I'm still waiting on the dongle to arrive...

No luck with the linpus lite ACER dont support that ZTE but i have read on another forum that someone got a mf626 working so i used the unlock file on here which turned it into a 626 but still no luck so i gave it my son for his windows laptop it works fine on windows laptop

edogg

I got my Dongle. Flashed it. Got the o2 Sim. Set it all up. Working a treat. Thanks to all involved.

I am now down at the caravan in Protpatrick only to find there is no 3G service. So back to modem speeds for me!

No NZB downloads down here! Watching the speed in the software I think i seen 40kbs a while back! There must have been a strong wind!

Anywayz thanks to all!

for those who aren't getting the speed they think they should from 02 iphone, try changing the username to vertigo.

Back