3DS with AceKard2i

The Bouncer

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey fellow DW members, been away for some time and just needed a bit of help

I have got a 3DS which is running fw 1.1.0-0E and also purchased a Acekard2i the problem that I'm having is when I insert the AK it is showing up on the 3DS but when selected I just get white screens it is running 1.9 and the SD card has been formatted several times. I know that Nintendo have released a FW that has made 95% of cards useless but the 3DS is still running old firmware.

I was just wondering if anybody could help me out as to get this cart working or point me in the direction of a cart that will work?

Thanks in advance

what icon does the acekard show up as on the 3ds?

mario?

cant think which update that is...

you will probably need to update your acekard, problem is that you will need a dslite or old dsi to update as the 3ds will probabaly be blocking the card.

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/down...ate-file-3ds&cid=10&ctitle=nintendo-ds&id=191

you will find two diles in that, one for updating in a dslite and one for updating in a dsi.

you put them on your sd card along with fimware, (intructions on how to update are in the read me)

once the card is updated, the icon should change to "PIPPA FUNNEL UBISOFT" icon.

your card should work in the 3ds then, but dont update to latest 3ds firmware as it will block the card again.. :)

So will I have to update firmware on the 3DS as I have been on several different sites and all are saying that the firmware on my 3DS is too old (brand new 3DS purchased today), but I was of the understanding that all cards are backwards FW compatabile? I have a old DSL so will try this now should I still be using AKAIO 1.9 and put the DSL file on the root of the SD card?

do NOT update your 3ds, if you update it then the card will defo not work.

AFAIK an updated acekard should work on old firmware 3ds, but that firmware is really old, so maybe newer games wont run on it.
i doubt it though, but not sure...

1: format sd card
2: put the _aoi folder and akmenu file and the dsl update file on sd card

when you fire the card up, the update file will show like a game
just press start or A and follow the instructions

PS make sure you have plenty power in the battery or plug the charger in.

Still getting a white screen on both the 3ds and DSL, When inserted in the DSL im just getting a white screen and when inserted in the 3DS I'm still getting the same game image of Mario jumping over a blue flame type of character and then when selected getting white screen again. Tried several SD cards to see if that was the problem but same thing?

Also the writing above the cart on the 3DS is some japanese writing along with DS SQUARE ENIX?

Last edited:
Still getting a white screen on both the 3ds and DSL, When inserted in the DSL im just getting a white screen and when inserted in the 3DS I'm still getting the same game image of Mario jumping over a blue flame type of character and then when selected getting white screen again. Tried several SD cards to see if that was the problem but same thing?

Also the writing above the cart on the 3DS is some japanese writing along with DS SQUARE ENIX?

I dont recongnise that icon.
is the card a fake maybe?
dors it have the anticlone sticker on the back?
whats the web address on the card?

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

sounds like the acekard might be really old version or a clone as i havent seen any acekards that show as mario game
as said by buzzer

Update ... Took the AK back to the chap I bought it off and have now got a R4iTT card which is working fine in the 3DS :) Thanks for everybodys help

Another quickie ... can anybody point me in the direction of boys collection of games, don't really fancy grabbing 1 at a time, when all may be under the same roof. Had a search but couldn't find anything.

if you use newsgroups then there is packs on there just search nds and then sort by size

Back