360 will not play

Partycan

Inactive User
Reaction score
hii all i have a 360 sammy drive in it flashed with the old 1.4..it plays the old copped games i got no problem at all...

ive been told it will not play the new downloaded games as it needs flashing again to play them ...the guy who did it for me is no longer hear...

pluss im a bit pi$$ed as i just got me a pack or 10 verbatims to use an thee no good now.

anyone got any info on what need doing or if it will play the new games ?

cheers

If the xbox had a Sammy drive in originally it will work with new games ok. If not buy yourself a benq drive and flash LT+ on the drive with the sammy's key. I say benq because they are cheap and so easy to flash and also cheap.

Last edited:
If the xbox had a Sammy drive in originally it will work with new games ok. If not buy yourself a benq drive and flash LT+ on the drive with the sammy's key. I say benq because they are cheap and so easy to flash and also cheap.

yes but its only got the 1.4 flash in the sammy ms28 drive...

from what ive been told and red up on i need it flashing again to the latest farmware that is 1.61 or somert like to play the new downloded games on dvds..

Thx for help..any info wouled be good

Latest for the Sammy is LT v1.0 (note not LT+ )

All you can do is try one the AP2.5 games.. Need For Speed HP or AC-Brotherhood, remember to patch them with the latest ABGX programme as both are bad releases with the ap2.5 data missing, to see if they work.

If not, flash your Sammy drive to the LT firmware, this should work as long as your console came with the Samsung drive. I have this arrangement and can confirm it works.

Latest for the Sammy is LT v1.0 (note not LT+ )

All you can do is try one the AP2.5 games.. Need For Speed HP or AC-Brotherhood, remember to patch them with the latest ABGX programme as both are bad releases with the ap2.5 data missing, to see if they work.

If not, flash your Sammy drive to the LT firmware, this should work as long as your console came with the Samsung drive. I have this arrangement and can confirm it works.

so let me get this right so what your saying is that there is a good chance the games will work...

some time ago now i downloaed a game carnt remember witch one now but i was told ide have check it with some new software to see if it is ok and will work...

it came checked the downloaded game and came back saying it needs 1.5 or more firmware to work and i only have the very old 1.4 in this sammy drive..

AP2.5 means nowt to me lol...

this is what is in the xbox..sammy drive ms28 with 1.4 fw inside....its never been online from new and is the drive that come with from the shop when i got it...

the guy that flashed it about 2 years ago or more now gave me 2 folders with the original firmware and KEY in it ...i put it on a disk and still have it...

the thing is i tryed to flash it 2 or 3 years ago and coulednt do it on this pc...

so im stuck....? you recon the new games will work on very old firmware...

ive not messed with doing xbox games for like 2 years or more lol

thanks for help

Last edited:
ah now I think will need to update the firmware as I think 1.4 does indeed stop you playing new games from a quite a while now.. I thought you had a ap2.5 problem (the latest antipiracy measure).

anyway if you can get LT firmware for sammy flashed onto it, you should be good for all games, maybe give it another attempt?..use JungleFlasher

LT firmware never hurd of it lol ...i dont play games that much mate its for my lad when he comes down to stay over...

dont think i tryed the JungleFlasher when i had a go...carnt remember what i used now its been that long lol ...

i do no i tryed with the onboard sata on this MSI mobo and couldent get it to work...

what sata card do i need again of ebay ?...

i can get hold of a old amd 1600 pc with XP on to use for the flashing..

this has win7 on and i dont fancy talkin this to bits again lol...

so what sata card do i need to buy of ebay again ?

cheers for help

Last edited:
LT firmware never hurd of it lol ...i dont play games that much mate its for my lad when he comes down to stay over...

dont think i tryed the JungleFlasher when i had a go...carnt remember what i used now its been that long lol ...

i do no i tryed with the onboard sata on this MSI mobo and couldent get it to work...

what sata card do i need again of ebay ?...

i can get hold of a old amd 1600 pc with XP on to use for the flashing..

this has win7 on and i dont fancy talkin this to bits again lol...

so what sata card do i need to buy of ebay again ?

cheers for help

VIA card. Just go on ebay and search sata card. Majority will say if they are for use with flashing 360's.

Jungleflasher works well on a lot of sata devices now, might be worth trying first. Get jungleflasher from their site, when you run it it you will see 'user guide' link on the first open tab, download it and give it a good read.. it has flow charts etc depending on what firmware your starting from, makes it very easy.

Back