31/5/11 Bug Thread Only

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought it would be a good idea to make a new thread for this new iQ Image (31/5/11) as the other thread is a mess

I would ask that this be for TM800 Owners ONLY ! so we can try and get our problems sorted without every thread going off topic

Please also post the MAC Address from the box as requested by Dr Linux, there could be more to this than just proving you own a box ?

If you have already posted your problem in the other thread please feel free to re post here so its all in one place for TM/iQ to read for easy reference

anything other thats been requested will be removed

these are the reccomendations on flashing this image from Dr Linux, if you dont already know ;) ... I think thats everything covered ? :)

How to get 100% best result and be happy with your TM-800 HD
Go to this link and download latest software 31-05-2011 by USB then fallow wizard and download
default channel lint.
Download center
--------------------------
How to download by USB to TM-800 HD Linux

1-Save tm-800 image in USB do not use folder re name like this >>> TM800_update.bin
2-Turn on from rear
3-As soon as you see starting press stand by button many times see mini root and wait
4-Wait until you See box ip in the front panel scrolling then press menu button .
it will take about 2 minutes see success then take USB out. wait for re boot

=============================
1-Download by USB and get image from download centre only 31-05-2011 not other places {it might be possible image has been corrupted by different means
2-Do full factory reset .
3-Fallow wizard and download default channel list {if hard disk or wifi leave it for after ignore at this moment }
4-Turn off from rear for one minute
5-Test all functions use c:lines test all channels motor as many functions as you can
when test completed and you are 100% fully satisfied there is nothing wrong no green screen or freezing
6-Use only external hard disk only
press on USB button to find hard disk and format it
off/on from rear then test all PVR functions working perfect
7-use wifi setting {optional } .
8-If above has problem continues download 31-05-2011 again by USB ..may be image was not downloaded properly,
================
After above test when fully working then you can do any changing or adding
===============================
In this image multimedia/streaming/sata/ is disabled but soon will be another image with this fix
=============================================================
This image has been tested with success and No green screen or hung-up
picture and sound has been perfect in HD and Sd channels

Last edited:
Ok well as already stated, for some reason last night the IQ image worked Ok unlike the previous night.

I am going to kick things off with low audio levels on HD (mainly ITV)

I have already PM'd Mac address to the quack!

Last edited:
wife is watching Eastendes on BBConeHD and is having to turn up volume not it is at MAX and getting hard to hear above standard background noise

wife is watching Eastendes on BBConeHD and is having to turn up volume not it is at MAX and getting hard to hear above standard background noise

going of subject a bit "It aint a bad thing you cant hear eastenders!"

ps can a mod add me to the forums follow list on twitter @rick1e

Can a mod not just copy across all the many things from many other bug threads that still don't work. Why have we got to post the same old things again? Or better still, get Technomate to do it.

yes they can be moved over but as you see the site is a little upside down at present

I just wanted to make a thread where we could list all bugs/problems with this image where they would be in 1 place without any mooans or distractions, but it just dont seem anything like that can happen in this room

I feel all your anger, Im in the same boat as you :) Ive read all the post by Dr Linux in the past where he has said there aint been a problem and we all knew there was lol

But, there is far too much anger, frustration in this room
no matter what is posted mainly by Dr Linux the arguments start :(

I like you want a fully working box :) Digi and myself have a countdown timer and if not sorted by then well god help TM

;)

Hi rat,

as you all obviously know i definitely have a TM800 will get MAC address if really needed

the bugs/ fixes i see are:

- Louder HD volume
- Some Channels Aspect Ratio different to others
- Multimedia and web interference/youtube which i understand should be coming soon

I like DW skin on 15.04 version is there any way in the menu page where there is small screen showing whats on tv to get full small screen if u get what i mean, as currently it is just a random square.

I hope IQ team sort it out, better late than never i would say :(

thanks
hnj

Rickie 20 Last few days { ito the quack }i have been insulted so many times can not see if salve any bugs
Ok lets get to my test again.

1-I have now infront of me HD TV by hd cable and old CRT TV by scart
I have have increased VOL, on both TVs by 50% then instead VOL in tm800 by 50% and its blasting so load I really can not understand it,,,,
======================
Please fallow my instruction.

Please for test only once
Then use what you want,
this image is 80% different to last images
Fallow as I did moment ago .

1-do not use your old channel list best way for test only scan fresh or use default channel list .
2-do not use any skin for test only>>>use in blue button
3-Do not use any add-ons any plains any things from out side
4-if you are having problem format or delete tm800 image from your USB download from download centre only and fallow instruction please do not use your old settings
do it after this test
each time I test I get same result except streaming -multimedia I can not simulate what you are getting.
May be best way all of you with problems after 31-05-2011 go to tm direct to see you might have hardware problem

Rickie 20 Last few days { ito the quack }i have been insulted so many times can not see if salve any bugs
Ok lets get to my test again.

1-I have now infront of me HD TV by hd cable and old CRT TV by scart
I have have increased VOL, on both TVs by 50% then instead VOL in tm800 by 50% and its blasting so load I really can not understand it,,,,
======================
Please fallow my instruction.

Please for test only once
Then use what you want,
this image is 80% different to last images
Fallow as I did moment ago .

1-do not use your old channel list best way for test only scan fresh or use default channel list .
2-do not use any skin for test only>>>use in blue button
3-Do not use any add-ons any plains any things from out side
4-if you are having problem format or delete tm800 image from your USB download from download centre only and fallow instruction please do not use your old settings
do it after this test
each time I test I get same result except streaming -multimedia I can not simulate what you are getting.
May be best way all of you with problems after 31-05-2011 go to tm direct to see you might have hardware problem

Can you try on ITV HD, other HD channels are OK. - although I think it was RAT wh
o said he had same problem on BBC1 HD
ps "quack" is another name for Dr in england and was not intended as an insult

Audio is not ok on other hd channels

I've always had my panasonic surround set at 40 connected to TM800 via optical audio cable

On SD channels the volume on TM800 is usually on 2/3 bars
When on HD channel straight up to half way, then during the programme slowly have to turn it up to full, in the end we have to flick up and down to reset the audio

Sent from my iPhone

I am watching scat and baily on itv hd and change to itv sd at 50% sound is blasting too load I have to turn it down

Ive been watching an hd channel on it for a few hours, tv is set to a volume 24 and TM is volume bar is set to half.

On ITV I have to have the TM bar full and the tv about Volume 42 to get the same level I am getting now.

The channel thats on now, the SD version is slighly louder - but its not quite enough to be a problem

I am watching scat and baily on itv hd and change to itv sd at 50% sound is blasting too load I have to turn it down

thats because the SD is Ok and HD is too low, which is what we are saying

The SD channels are as loud as my subbed box, but some HD are not.

rickie_20
I agree with you about 10% sound level is down in hd
I will ask Iq team to fix it for next image
do you any other problems pleas

rickie_20
I agree with you about 10% sound level is down in hd
I will ask Iq team to fix it for next image
do you any other problems pleas

Still reluctant to answer that, because of the problems Friday.

However with no addons installed, and without the things we know dont work on this image.... its been fine for 2 days now.

no lockups like what was happening friday

Hi,

Did a flash with the new IQ image at first impressions the box seems very reponsive using the menus etc. The problem with the cyfra+ HD channels is still there, no improvment with lots of picture breakup SD is fine. On the 28e HD stuff it was good. Not had chance to test anything else.

One thing that gets over looked is the remote configuration I always have to change this since the exit button don't work.

Regards :Fish:

One thing that gets over looked is the remote configuration I always have to change this since the exit button don't work.

Regards :Fish:

does your remote look like the one in the start wizard m8?

are the volume buttons on the left or the right?

the exit button on the receiver changed the remote type, press it 5 times in a row, the blue ring will blink 3 times, and your remote is changed from type 2 (vol on right) to type 1 (vol on left)

does your remote look like the one in the start wizard m8?

are the volume buttons on the left or the right?

the exit button on the receiver changed the remote type, press it 5 times in a row, the blue ring will blink 3 times, and your remote is changed from type 2 (vol on right) to type 1 (vol on left)

Hi,
Digi thanks for your quick reply.
Yes I do the press 5 times trick but maybe it could be integrated in the wizard. :proud:

Hi,
Digi thanks for your quick reply.
Yes I do the press 5 times trick but maybe it could be integrated in the wizard. :proud:

it sounds like you have a new Jtagged receiver, with an old remote m8, as it is actually part of the wizard already ;)

older receivers are detected in a different way to newer jtagged ones, as well as a load of other crap for 4 other makes of receiver, and the remote set accordingly, which is why i think you have an old v1.0 remote instead of the newer one, which is why you always have to reset it after flashing

but if the code wasnt also bloated with so much crap needed to identify what one of 5 possible boxes its running on, then it wouldnt be an issue to begin with ;)

something else for TM to get their 'new' team to sort out

At least you guys can install the IQ image i cant even install it, it goes straight to green screen everytime after it says checking key. What a load of s..t

Back