3 points and a £60 fine

at the end of the day, your tyre was flat. because you were only going round the corner is no excuse. take the hit, learn your lesson and make sure from now onwards your car is in a fit purpose to drive - it's not only your safety but others around you. The copper had probably heard "i was only <insert random excuse>..." arguement a million times.

if it had just been a little under inflated you may have gotten off with a warning to go blow it up - but if it wasn't even reading anything i.e. virtually no pressure - i'd say thats almost dangerous driving.

if you're a good and consciensous driver you won't get any other points and it's not an issue

You been a driver for 5 weeks?? surely your instructor should of talked about tyres.. if he did then your memory is worse than mine..

I respect you for posting about this.. tbh i wouldnt.. all the do gooders of the forum jump on you like rats..

Top man :)

lol aye all the doo gooders that rob cable :lol:

haha!

I said it before mate i'd just take it on the chin the sounds like the copper was a bit of a cock mate, but you rellay should have got it fixed :Cheers:

And he couldnt picked up the puncture from a bit of glass ect while he was driving?

he said he'd noticed it that afternoon - but not done anything about it? i persoanlly wouldn't have said that to the copper and offered to go straight to the garage or put a spare on.

nono i mean the guy in the paper mate, I totally agree with you the guy who made this thread should have went and pumped it up/changed it :Cheers:

i can understand the point if it was one tyre but both his tyres were below pressure,and the way most coppers see it is that if you dont look after your tyres which are easily checked what else are you not keeping a check on

nono i mean the guy in the paper mate, I totally agree with you the guy who made this thread should have went and pumped it up/changed it :Cheers:

lol my fault for not reading!!!!!

best way my friend,i got 3 points for speeding and lets just say i wear i helium shoe on my right foot now just to stop the pedal going down so far : bart :

why dont you buy a pressure gauge and check the actual pressure reading, take it your garage and get an opinion or get somone who knows how to check of how under inflated it was.

You never know the coppers pressure gauge may be faulty or he just wanted fine someone. You know what coppers are like.
As you said yourself it was not flat so if it wasnt flat why didnt it give a reading as should a reading of some sort even if it was say 10psi

Let us know how u get on

why dont you buy a pressure gauge and check the actual pressure reading, take it your garage and get an opinion or get somone who knows how to check of how under inflated it was.

You never know the coppers pressure gauge may be faulty or he just wanted fine someone. You know what coppers are like.
As you said yourself it was not flat so if it wasnt flat why didnt it give a reading as should a reading of some sort even if it was say 10psi

Let us know how u get on

Are you on drugs?

Let us know how u get on

What???

:err::err::

Let us know how u get on

nah m8 it was flat, when i took the tyre off it had 2 nails in it so it was obviously a slow puncture, i think i fooked up saying to the copper i noticed it earlier in the day but u live and learn, probs for the best in the long run
cheers

nah m8 it was flat, when i took the tyre off it had 2 nails in it so it was obviously a slow puncture, i think i fooked up saying to the copper i noticed it earlier in the day but u live and learn, probs for the best in the long run
cheers

Tbh mate i agree with others that you have taken enough stick for this and i think you have handled it well.
If it were me i don't think i would have posted it but you have taken your medicine and accepted it.
Have some rep, put your head up high and enjoy DW..
:Cheers:

Think you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time m8.

Think you should appeal anyway, otherwise the Law is on a winner eveytime we get a puncture or blowout which normally happens on correctly inflated tyres ( prior to the event occuring ) to receiving a fine and points. Have to start trying to locate the original owner of the nail, screw, bottle etc that caused the tyre to deflate and try to obtain compensation off them.
Sound daft i know but who else is to blame.

Best of luck m8

u must of told the copper u knew the tyre was low .. thats the only way and reason he can do u ? if u had said "well fook me it was ok when l left the house" there wouldn't be a thing he could do lm sure

u must of told the copper u knew the tyre was low .. thats the only way and reason he can do u ? if u had said "well fook me it was ok when l left the house" there wouldn't be a thing he could do lm sure

Your spot on Smirnoff.
I remember reading a book written by a traffic cop who said that 60% of all traffic charges would never have held up in court if the offender had kept their mouth shut.
When the police pull you over let them do the talking and say nothing, if you do say something think about it first.
People hang themselves if you give them enough rope.

Back