3.0m dish for Nilsat

dazling

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
is there anywhere in the UK that I can get a 3.om dish? ive been looking and all im getting is 1s from china and I have to but 1000 of them
or even a set of plans to make my own?

Many thanks

is there anywhere in the UK that I can get a 3.om dish? ive been looking and all im getting is 1s from china and I have to but 1000 of them
or even a set of plans to make my own?

Many thanks

the superstore sells them but they are not cheap,regards mdt

How about Elite, used to be Precision and I can vouch for the quality of both the 1.2 and 1.8m. Be interested in prices (just out of curiosity) if you get some.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks peeps didn't think they would be so expensive mite try to get a sample sent from china lol I don't need a really heavy duty 1 as its only going to be sitting on my shed which im hoping to turn into a man cave this year

Maybe not heavy duty but is it worth buying a mesh 3.0M from China if you intend using it on Ku, may as well get a 2.4 solid? A 3m (120") mesh such as the KTI only has 1dB extra gain over a 2.4m spun dish like the Precision/Irte/Primesat, I'm not sure I'd trust any figures from a Chinese wholesaler. You then need to factor in the considerable wind loading a 3m dish will have on a shed roof, hope it's not yer average garden centre wooden one?

3m is a more difficult size to get hold now since a lot of the big dishes for C band have been scrapped for small KU band dishes, now there's usually a bigger jump in price from 2.4m to 3m as it's more into the broadcast market, not just that they're bigger. India is cheap for big dishes but again it's quality, c band is still in use though because it is still better in heavy rain areas so there's still a market for cheaper big dishes but again it's quality for KU use not C band which will tolerate a poor dish a lot more.

Back