28e & 13e on Zone 2 Raven Dish

why not use twin lnb,s for the 19.2 and 13 east with a another switch then the protek in the tv room could have its own independent feed from 28.2/19.2/13east. although it may cost you a bit more you wouldnt need to use the loop out facility on the comag fta in the lounge. just a idea m8, there are alot of possible combanations when using a fixed dish with multiple lnb,s. regards mdt

MDT.

Just come to the same conclusion...:banana:

Outside having a cup of tea looking at the dish and came up with the following...

Sly 28deg Quad
Astra 19deg Single
Hotbird 13 Deg Twin or Quad

Cable 28/19 to dual switch outside connected to existing cable into lounge for missus so she can get bbc/itv etc off 28 and Rai off HB
Cable 28/19/13 to 4 way switch outside connected to new cable into the Lounge thru existing hole and then coupled to the cable into my room...

I take it the switches work automatically, you just change the disq settings for each Sat to identify each LNB?

Anyway this the way i am going to do it so off to maplins in the morning i think!!

Cheers MDT and all for your help

Anyway this the way i am going to do it so off to maplins in the morning i think!!

Cheers MDT and all for your help[/QUOTE]

are you sure about maplins m8? they are very expensive for most things they stock and alot of their stock is cheap crap! although they are convenient and you can get some bargains there now and again. good luck with your system.
regards mdt

went on Fleabay in the end....bought a couple of switches and F connectors for just over a tenner.

Will get a quad LNB tomorrow, saw a cheap and cheeerful one for £12 the other day :Clap:

assumation on my part but are you on other forums? and are you getting a Sp!derb0x? if so, what made you get that over the new protek?

again thx for your help

assumation on my part but are you on other forums? and are you getting a Sp!derb0x? if so, what made you get that over the new protek?

again thx for your help[/QUOTE]

yes m8, and as for the spiderbox., im only getting the sd5000 as its cheap.
i think im going to have to save up for a new hd tv and a protek 9700ip then treat myself for xmas. i also want the spider as a second box and also to see what all the fuss is about and for the price the box is worth it for the a+gift server access. regards mdt

im also buying a spiderbox, only for the access to the gift server

the torroidal dishes, omg, i fitted one when they were brand new out, i do believe it was the first one in wales, what satellite magazine wanted to do a story on the whole system but the member didnt want the publicity of people knowing what gear he had, but it was the bigger dish of the 2, picking up 4 satellites, and running them to 2 euro PVR receivers (if i remember it was a DM7025 and a manhattan PVR) AND sky digiboxes, with 3 quad lnbs, another LNB, 2 4 way diseqc switches, and wires everywhere, all on a bracket on a N/W facing wall, so it needed to be above roof level, what a job lol, theres pictures of it on the forum somewhere

Spiderbox is still an impressive box indeed.

Theres been 2 patches this month alone since Magic came aboard alone.

New patch is also stating cccam 2.12 is optimised and 2.13/2.14 soon also.

Ive just installed it so gonna see how it goes, having said that my m8s bugging me for my box so might have to sell it on to him.

Great channel range I gotta admit but even with a normal £15-20 cs you get most of it + more, thats why I see the gift as an almost starting point its just there too get you on the way and right path to eventually cs.

I still have the spider stutter sadly even on a 2.12 optimised server from a m8, so im still finding it tricky to find out the exact reason why I get a freeze/stutter from my spiderbox hd.

However it could be the server or the box its impossible for me too tell wish I had a dreambox 500S I could try for an hour lol

Goodnews is at least I know its possible spiderbox can be freeze free given the right server :)

Further to this, I completed my 2nd installation at my brothers house in Central Scotland at the weekend, modifying his Sky dish to add 13e to his viewing on his main TV.
Dish a bit tatty but works well with +90% signal quality on both sats.
The picture shows the dish aligned to hotbird using a single LNB and 3 lines off quad picking up 28e and feeding 2 tv's.
Well chuffed it works so well and so is my brother now he can get JSC Sports, Calcio, Nova etc, etc etc :proud:

I now have a queue building up with mates wanting me to do same to their dishes. I'll not have to buy myself beer for 6 months at least !!! :banana:

Further to this, I completed my 2nd installation at my brothers house in Central Scotland at the weekend, modifying his Sky dish to add 13e to his viewing on his main TV.
Dish a bit tatty but works well with +90% signal quality on both sats.
The picture shows the dish aligned to hotbird using a single LNB and 3 lines off quad picking up 28e and feeding 2 tv's.
Well chuffed it works so well and so is my brother now he can get JSC Sports, Calcio, Nova etc, etc etc :proud:

I now have a queue building up with mates wanting me to do same to their dishes. I'll not have to buy myself beer for 6 months at least !!! :banana:

Hi mate wondering if you could help ? I have my zone 2 dish pointing at hotbird the now works well am just wondering if i am behind my dish what side should i put my second lnb for 28e? is it the left?

Hi mate wondering if you could help ? I have my zone 2 dish pointing at hotbird the now works well am just wondering if i am behind my dish what side should i put my second lnb for 28e? is it the left?
it goes to the right m8 as the position is mirrored when using off-set lnb,s

ah that where i went wrong then been up that ladder for about 2 hours in total the last few weeks wondering why i couldn't get anything :proud: back uo tomorrow after work then

Thanks for the info

Also to get the best signal from 28e, the addt LNB has to be about an inch higher than the main LNB so if using the same bracket I used, ensure the LNB holder is mounted on top of the aluminium bracket.

Went up there agian today got it working in 20mins with a home made arm and workings great got it working with my skystar2 pc card

IMG00033-20100423-1836.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG00032-20100423-1836.jpg
[/IMG]

Lokks good, well done mate. Is that the DiSEqC switch taped to the LNB arm ??

Well... I finally managed to get up the ladder and attempt to fit the following

Quad - 28deg
Single - 19deg
Quad - 13deg

well first attempt was a pile of poo, manged to get 28 & 19 but no joy on 13.
changed the LNBs around due to issues with the size of the heads and not being able to point at the dish without obstructing another LNB...

But in the end managed to get 13,19 and 28 working albeit with a loss of signal from 13, so waiting to see what happens when it rains!! Also had to jig it to raise the LNB at its front to get any signal from 13.
If its a problem may put up the 'Heath Robinson' Dish on balcony. LOL
Also just found out i am missing some channels on 28, none worth worrying about. but will go up again as i still have to add the switches, If they ever arrive...:mad:
some pics below
Thx again to Mannachie for starting his thread : thanks :

Your dish is set up different to others dluisi, because you are aiming at 28* and offset to get 13* and 19*
The signals will be weaker than normal on Hotbird, but most should still be ok. The best way is to aim the dish at 13 and offset the 28 degree lnb because the cluster at 28 degrees is much stronger in the uk.
Still, good to see your effort. Hope you enjoy :)

Your dish is set up different to others dluisi, because you are aiming at 28* and offset to get 13* and 19*
The signals will be weaker than normal on Hotbird, but most should still be ok. The best way is to aim the dish at 13 and offset the 28 degree lnb because the cluster at 28 degrees is much stronger in the uk.
Still, good to see your effort. Hope you enjoy :)

True, But Mannachie first effort was also pointing at 28*...and he's in Scotland and got good signal from both !

Anyway i have the switches now, so will rewire it at the weekend, Weather permitting. May still yet repostion the dish as you say to 13*, but closeness of the LNB for 19* maybe an issue in getting anything from Astra1.

Will pee the missus off if i spend even more time up the ladder swearing like a torretts sufferer at the dish...:banana:

would a 1metre dish and multi arm bracket pick up a better signal if one was too go for 13,19,28 sats ?

Back