27 west gone?

foxinacaravan

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, anyone lost Intelsat 27 west today. Arrived in southern Spain a few days ago. All been OK but now coming up scrambled. Have they changed the BISS codes again?
Cheers, Mike

Hi mate - oh dear here we go again!! Still got nothing personally though!! lol!!

Totally new to this was told to download from Icecrypt but cant access the site - her indoors bending my ear!! She told me it wouldn't last!

Totally new to this was told to download from Icecrypt but cant access the site - her indoors bending my ear!! She told me it wouldn't last!

The problem is the icecrypt box is cheap and nasty and you cannot change the biss key manually. Do yourself a favour and buy a technomate box, you can change the biss with the remote control in a few seconds.

This is the technomate forum after all..

Apologies for posting in the wrong place. I was searching for BISS Key info and this came up - didn't realise it was a Technomate Forum! However for the benefit of others who may make the same mistake the ICECRYPT can easily change the key with the remote - took me 20 seconds including inputting the key and all working. Thanks for all the other input. BTW - Which Technomate for a simple solution?

Apologies for posting in the wrong place. I was searching for BISS Key info and this came up - didn't realise it was a Technomate Forum! However for the benefit of others who may make the same mistake the ICECRYPT can easily change the key with the remote - took me 20 seconds including inputting the key and all working. Thanks for all the other input. BTW - Which Technomate for a simple solution?

I had an Icecrypt S1600 and a S3200 could never fathom how to change the key without upgrading the firmware, so how do you do it?

As for the Technomate, either the F3/5 or the 5402HD, they are pretty much the same but in different cases, the F3/5 only has a USB on the front though, personally I would choose the 5402HD I have two, an M2 and an M3.

Don't understand exactly 'why' Icecrypt in first place?

Ah thanks dantis mate - I think I understand now - he posted in wrong place after all that!!

Yes, cheap and nasty! There are a few 'installers' around here putting them in and charging technomate money for it.

Ha ha, wait till they've got a few dozen of them out & have to go round every one with a USB stick to update the keys every time.

Ha ha, wait till they've got a few dozen of them out & have to go round every one with a USB stick to update the keys every time.

No need for USB stick - simple instructions and takes less than a minute. I have quite a few people who have followed my lead and all but my 85 year old mother can do it but then that's why she has a son that can do it for her. I am useful sometimes.

Well? How is it done then?

Go to Menu on Remote

Select>conditional access >CA Setting>brings up the Card Info screen. On that screen type 1407>Key edit>BBCBISS>enter new key 16 characters> OK to save . Menu to exit ALL DONE

Back