24 hours without a cigarette, feels good to finally quit....

manutd4life absolutely loving the avatar and name, no doubt you're used to seeing me in the Sports area.

And yes you're right, always do it for yourself and not for someone else. I have done it for myself as I personally felt enough was enough and am sick of lining the government coffers more than I already am what with all the duty on Fags. lmfao.

Like yourself I fully expect to go out with the lads tomorrow and watch them smoke away, and do their nut in by talking like their girls and wives about their smoking habit lol. Should wind them right up.

And luckily the temptation to smoke is now down to every few hours. First couple of days the brain just wouldnt relax and want to smoke every minute.

For anyone else out there, it definitely gets easier and is worth it no matter how much you love the tab, you'll enjoy not being a slave to it even more.

Got some bets coming my way too, so hopefully be a little better off too. lol.

I been smoke and alcohol free for a year now.....feel lots better for it every moment of every day, though one side effect is being easily rattled because I can't have a smoke to calm down lol.

Nice 1 mate best thing you could ever do, especially being youngish too so keep it up. I quit 2 year ago soon but needed the chewwy and i was on 20 a day. At first i avoided going out, or when i did go out i stuck with the non smokers. But now i go out and smoke when im pissed, so im a social smoker now pmsl. i can have a few when im out but never need one the next day lol

Nice 1 mate best thing you could ever do, especially being youngish too so keep it up. I quit 2 year ago soon but needed the chewwy and i was on 20 a day. At first i avoided going out, or when i did go out i stuck with the non smokers. But now i go out and smoke when im pissed, so im a social smoker now pmsl. i can have a few when im out but never need one the next day lol

That's how I got started when I was 17 then it led from there gradually and I started smoking during college break times and then eventually at home. I was never on 20 a day at any point though occasionally I'd smoke a 20 when on the razzle and pay for it the next day with voice loss lol. But away from beer I averaged 10 smokes per day. It tooks me 4 attempts at stopping to finally nail it but I learned something with each failed attempt which helped me the next time. Now I don't drink alcohol either generally speaking, I have a beer to be social now and again but now I find myself just not keen at all. But it's crazy how much better you feel within yourself when you quit booze and fags but your brain tricks you into thinking you're alright when you're smoking.....and it does that every single time. Much chirpier without cigs and I get way less headaches and migrains too.

Last edited:
Back