20meg in 12 mins?

That's provided that the 10MB MAC your using was on the same type of modem that your using.

e.g. a MAC off a 200 modem won't update the 250 and so on ;)

:)

Not on TW, its just 1 config file.

yep, i come under the basildon headend. which is scheduled for May...

Last edited:
Just done a scan, I'm getting a few 20mb configs here in Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire.

My own existing cloned mac has auto-upgraded to 20mb aswell :)

Last edited:
im still 10mb

this takes da pizz

do you think i may be able to force the 20mb???????????????

Last edited:
Just done a scan, I'm getting a few 20mb configs here in Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire.

Lucky for some, just tried that config file and got this.. TFTP failed - configuration file NOT FOUND.

Roll on when they do basildon lol

im in east london ex cw (Bromley Area i think) and im using cmreg-ntlhm250-bund03.cm it is stilll 10 meg, any idea on a 20 meg config.

Was it a 10MB MAC or a different MAC with a 10MB config forced?

Was it a 10MB MAC or a different MAC with a 10MB config forced?

that a good point m8 is it the mac or the config file that's upgrading even though it wont matter coz we would still be able to force it

that a good point m8 is it the mac or the config file that's upgrading even though it wont matter coz we would still be able to force it

The MAC will be assigned a different config file when it connects, nothing physically gets upgraded, it just gets told to download a different config file.

The MAC will be assigned a different config file when it connects, nothing physically gets upgraded, it just gets told to download a different config file.
i think ur missin the point m8 what monkey and i wanted to know is did his config file auto change becoz he using a 10mb mac or was becoz he is using 10mb config file

I'm not missing the point at all, the Mac address is what determines the config file, so it gets told which config file to download, if he is forcing it to download a 10meg config file then thats all it is going to download, because it doesnt matter what the CC does, its going to download that 10meg config file (as long as it still exists).

It wont ever be upgraded because you have forced a 10meg config file, on if either a) you have a 10meg mac that gets upgraded to 20meg or b) you force the 20meg config file (once its available).

If you were saying is he getting 20meg on the 10meg config file, then the answer is no, its there in plain text in the screen shot, the config file is called cm-20480-768.

I'm not missing the point at all, the Mac address is what determines the config file, so it gets told which config file to download, if he is forcing it to download a 10meg config file then thats all it is going to download, because it doesnt matter what the CC does, its going to download that 10meg config file (as long as it still exists).

It wont ever be upgraded because you have forced a 10meg config file, on if either a) you have a 10meg mac that gets upgraded to 20meg or b) you force the 20meg config file (once its available).

If you were saying is he getting 20meg on the 10meg config file, then the answer is no, its there in plain text in the screen shot, the config file is called cm-20480-768.
first of all i think we all know how mac and congfig files works hence the term force config file but since they may not be a 10mb inexistance anymore pop the question if ther's no 10mb what would it go to 20 or to 4 or back to the mac orignal config file or does it go offline becoz the config file is now wrong and dont exist anymore we dont know in theory u wont get online coz the config file is wrong and nonexistance and since witchy is the 1st with 20mb we wanted to ask him a was a simple question out of curiousity it wasnt technical question so i dont need a technical answer from u it was simple question to witchy what were u using thats all. no need for the lessons on config files

fight fight fight fight fight...i got your back.
Seems to be a lot if impatient people here.....dont worry it will come and i can assure you the novelty will soon wear off !!! and you will be craving the next leap. I knew what the new config was going to be long before it came out, its only a matter of doubling the 10mb config.

10240+10240 =20480
384+384 =768
20480-768.........rollon 40960-1536 woooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooo

So your saying that cmreg-ntlhm200-bund03.cm will become cmreg-ntlhm200-bund06.cm?

LOL Sorry I couldn't resist ;)

first of all i think we all know how mac and congfig files works hence the term force config file but since they may not be a 10mb inexistance anymore pop the question if ther's no 10mb what would it go to 20 or to 4 or back to the mac orignal config file or does it go offline becoz the config file is now wrong and dont exist anymore we dont know in theory u wont get online coz the config file is wrong and nonexistance and since witchy is the 1st with 20mb we wanted to ask him a was a simple question out of curiousity it wasnt technical question so i dont need a technical answer from u it was simple question to witchy what were u using thats all. no need for the lessons on config files

Well I went for the technical answer as the easy answer seemed to be covered in the screenshot that clearly showed a new config file

fight fight fight fight fight...i got your back.
Seems to be a lot if impatient people here.....dont worry it will come and i can assure you the novelty will soon wear off !!! and you will be craving the next leap. I knew what the new config was going to be long before it came out, its only a matter of doubling the 10mb config.

10240+10240 =20480
384+384 =768
20480-768.........rollon 40960-1536 woooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooo
bloody hell i didnt know...i thought they just doubling the speed u know 10mb +
10mb =20mb so what ur sayng is they double they config file too and all we have is double it again and would get this 40960-1536 wow thats amazing and have u tried forcing this yet 40960-1536 i heard its up and running near newmalden and i also heard if u use a 5mb mac it should automatically upgrade but if u use bund06.cm it automatically downgrades it to 20480.. ...........hehe
well m8 it looks like u and i have to wait a while...un bloody comfirmed ...........thats bloody croydon for ya

is anyone on excaw on 20meg yet ?
is the config modemmodel-bund04.cm ? (ie cmreg-ntlhm250-bund04.cm )

i want to setup a modem and have it waiting so that i know when the upgrae is live in my area.

Thanks

I dont think ntl changed the config name, as its the top package anyway, just change the speeds set inside the file

Blimmin hell, world war III has erupted!

My mac was a 10mb mac, since all 10mb macs are now upgraded to 20mb, I now have 20mb.

I can still force a 10mb connection using this mac by chaning he config file name, so the 10mb speed is still valid on the network.

If you have a lower speed mac address you can still force it to run at 20mb simply by changing the config file to cm-20480-786

Nothing has changed.

Back