20meg in 12 mins?

If you were saying is he getting 20meg on the 10meg config file, then the answer is no, its there in plain text in the screen shot, the config file is called cm-20480-768.

Unless he's on an ex NTL connection :D

Blimmin hell, world war III has erupted!

My mac was a 10mb mac, since all 10mb macs are now upgraded to 20mb, I now have 20mb.

I can still force a 10mb connection using this mac by chaning he config file name, so the 10mb speed is still valid on the network.

If you have a lower speed mac address you can still force it to run at 20mb simply by changing the config file to cm-20480-786

Nothing has changed.

Doesnt NTL configs end in .cm?

yes NTL configs do end in .cm

Telewests are different, and thats what witchy2k1 is refering to, the telewest configs.

Blimmin hell, world war III has erupted!

My mac was a 10mb mac, since all 10mb macs are now upgraded to 20mb, I now have 20mb.

I can still force a 10mb connection using this mac by chaning he config file name, so the 10mb speed is still valid on the network.

If you have a lower speed mac address you can still force it to run at 20mb simply by changing the config file to cm-20480-786

Nothing has changed.

Thanks for confirming that witchy2k1 ;)

:)

20meg is a total wast of time. the only way anyone is going to see a constant 20meg. IS going to be if you hook up 4 modems with wingate or change you mac every time you download a few gig.

since the cheap skates at virgin wont buy the bandwidth to handle 20meg speed.
but instead are launching the new traffic shaping at the same time as the 20meg updates.

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/internet/traffic.html

more like up yours you cheapskates

To be honest I remember when NTL said they were going to do this when they bought out the 10mb service and I never had a probelm even though I was sometimes downloading 30+ GB a week.

that traffic shaping bollox is only between 4pm and 12.am....just leave your downloading for overnight....newsleecher will shut your pc down once the queue is finished.

i guess they can argue the point u have from midnight till 4 in the afternoon to download as much as u like, only problem with that is most peeps will be in ther bed and @ work during those hours, so really in theory most peeps have a download cap 90 gigs a month which is something u would expect from bt which really s*cks big time.. considering bethere adsl2 is doing 24mb and 500 gigs limits..so all i can say is thank god i have hack modems and a sh*itload of macs otherwise i would of had to say by by to cable and hello adsl.....da swines

Last edited:
Back