1st sat install help

mrmachinegunn

Inactive User
Reaction score
I recently aquired a 60cm circular satelite dish so bought a quad lnb and decieded to replace my 43cm oval mesh dish with this but i put it up and couldnt get a signal for sky uk at 1st i thought it was the lnb but tried that on the old dish and it works perfect on my dm800 does anyone know where i may be going wrong thanks for looking.

Just noticed the lnb shape is oval dont know if this helps.

Last edited:

mdt

Inactive User
Reaction score
I recently aquired a 60cm circular satelite dish so bought a quad lnb and decieded to replace my 43cm oval mesh dish with this but i put it up and couldnt get a signal for sky uk at 1st i thought it was the lnb but tried that on the old dish and it works perfect on my dm800 does anyone know where i may be going wrong thanks for looking.

Just noticed the lnb shape is oval dont know if this helps.

the feedhorn on a mini-dish lnb is oval whereas a standard lnb is more round. you need a standard quad-lnb for your 60cm oval dish for it to work correctly.
or get yourself a zone 2 mini-dish to go with your new lnb. i presume that your zone 1 mini-dish is to small for its job or you have chose the 60cm dish for bad weather protection for 28.2e ect ?regards mdt

mrmachinegunn

Inactive User
Reaction score
cheers for the reply mate was needing a bigger dish for some of the hd channels as i cant clear the weaker ones with my dish but can on my mums which is the zone 2, picked up the dish at a car boot sale but just couldnt get a signal on it atall worst thing is i sent the seller on ebay a pic of my dish and he said it would work but reading up on his listing it seems to be for a sky minidish my dads got a spare zone 2 minidish so just gonna stick the lnb on that.

TEST