1st sat install help

mrmachinegunn

Inactive User
Reaction score
I recently aquired a 60cm circular satelite dish so bought a quad lnb and decieded to replace my 43cm oval mesh dish with this but i put it up and couldnt get a signal for sky uk at 1st i thought it was the lnb but tried that on the old dish and it works perfect on my dm800 does anyone know where i may be going wrong thanks for looking.

Just noticed the lnb shape is oval dont know if this helps.

Last edited:
I recently aquired a 60cm circular satelite dish so bought a quad lnb and decieded to replace my 43cm oval mesh dish with this but i put it up and couldnt get a signal for sky uk at 1st i thought it was the lnb but tried that on the old dish and it works perfect on my dm800 does anyone know where i may be going wrong thanks for looking.

Just noticed the lnb shape is oval dont know if this helps.

the feedhorn on a mini-dish lnb is oval whereas a standard lnb is more round. you need a standard quad-lnb for your 60cm oval dish for it to work correctly.
or get yourself a zone 2 mini-dish to go with your new lnb. i presume that your zone 1 mini-dish is to small for its job or you have chose the 60cm dish for bad weather protection for 28.2e ect ?regards mdt

cheers for the reply mate was needing a bigger dish for some of the hd channels as i cant clear the weaker ones with my dish but can on my mums which is the zone 2, picked up the dish at a car boot sale but just couldnt get a signal on it atall worst thing is i sent the seller on ebay a pic of my dish and he said it would work but reading up on his listing it seems to be for a sky minidish my dads got a spare zone 2 minidish so just gonna stick the lnb on that.

Back