1 openbox s9 split into three rooms

pspmixer

Inactive User
Reaction score
Today I installed a openbox s9 for friend of mine which is working fine but want to split it into other three rooms
Before I put the openbox in he had the first ever sky box which was split into three rooms via a device which looks like this -http://www.dcreceivers.com/images/3_way_splitter.jpg
I don't know what it's called
I tried putting it on the back of the openbox but picture didn't come up in other rooms
Any idea how I can sort it or buy other device which will work with this box and in other three rooms

Today I installed a openbox s9 for friend of mine which is working fine but want to split it into other three rooms
Before I put the openbox in he had the first ever sky box which was split into three rooms via a device which looks like this -http://www.dcreceivers.com/images/3_way_splitter.jpg
I tried putting it on the back of the openbox but picture didn't come up in other rooms
Any idea how I can sort it or buy other device which will work with this box and in other three rooms

The old skybox would have had an rf output through that splitter to the other rooms. The openbox doesnt have rf output so not sure that you can do it m8

Unless you use something like this
LOOPS® 1 - 4 HDMI OUTPUT SPLITTER DISTRIBUTION BOX PORT | eBay
or there are similar for av distribution via the rca outputs.
ebay search av distribution.

Last edited:

hello
pspmixer

you just need a rf modulator, you can get them on flebay but can be bad quality try hear: Labgear A/V Digital Modulator - Vanjak Rigging Supplies
it basically turn's you scart to rf signal that you can use like your old skybox and have wots on the s9 in other rooms.
hope this helps

I used an RF modulator and this worked taking the picture to one other room.

However be aware that the S9 does not have independent video outputs which means that the picture on the 'main' TV can only be of the same resolution as that of the RF modulator output. So the box needs to be set to something like 576i if you are going to want a picture on the main screen at the same time as a picture via the SCART (no HD resolution on the main screen). Failure to lower the resolution will put up an error panel on the screen of the RF modulator fed display.

The other nuisance was I had to adjust the Contrast etc to get a decent picture on the 'other' screen. Making that adjustment fouled up the appearance on the main screen. Of course this could have been down to the modulator and/or differences in screen performances.

Last edited:
hello
pspmixer

you just need a rf modulator, you can get them on flebay but can be bad quality try hear: Labgear A/V Digital Modulator - Vanjak Rigging Supplies
it basically turn's you scart to rf signal that you can use like your old skybox and have wots on the s9 in other rooms.
hope this helps
that website is sold out do maplins or pc world sell them as they are close me

However be aware that the S9 does not have independent video outputs which means that the picture on the 'main' TV can only be of the same resolution as that of the RF modulator output. So the box needs to be set to something like 576i if you are going to want a picture on the main screen at the same time as a picture via the SCART (no HD resolution on the main screen). Failure to lower the resolution will put up an error panel on the screen of the RF modulator fed display.

The other nuisance was I had to adjust the Contrast etc to get a decent picture on the 'other' screen. Making that adjustment fouled up the appearance on the main screen. Of course this could have been down to the modulator and/or differences in screen performances.

can you take picture of set and other room tv an post on here please
where did you buy this and will it go to three rooms

I no longer use the Openbox but the modulator I used was a Mercury - easily available.

Whether it would support 3 displays I have no idea.

hello
pspmixer

pm me and il send you one buy post, only need you to pay the post £4.00 2-3 days
you might as well use it than it gather dust, cant use it at work as has been used but is in Perfect working order.

hello
cascara

sorry to have to say this man but your making a mountain out of a molehill hear, no matter wot you have your box set to will not make any difference to the format that the fr modulator will send to tv/pc, this would only occur when using high spec rf modulator's used for Commercial distribution.

hello
pspmixer

pm me and il send you one buy post, only need you to pay the post £4.00 2-3 days
you might as well use it than it gather dust, cant use it at work as has been used but is in Perfect working order.
ye ok il take that of you p.m me details and picture of it thanks

That is correct about the format.

hello
cascara

sorry to have to say this man but your making a mountain out of a molehill hear, no matter wot you have your box set to will not make any difference to the format that the fr modulator will send to tv/pc, this would only occur when using high spec rf modulator's used for Commercial distribution.

So how do you set an output at the SCART which the modulator can use while leaving the main display set at 1080i?

So how do you set an output at the SCART which the modulator can use while leaving the main display set at 1080i?

it doesnt matter if your main tv is set for 1080i, scart doesnt put out 1080i.

ye ok il take that of you p.m me details and picture of it thanks

hello
pspmixer

iv tested the rf modulator for 8 hours to make sure its working ok and all is fine, iv posted the rf modulator this morning buy 1st class recorded post and should be with you eather tomorrow or wensday.
check your pm for tracking info

Back