Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1 laptop cannot see my Wifi.

M3NTAL

Banned
Today I reconfigured my Wifi and changed my SSID.
All my devices can see the Wifi and connect except for 1 laptop.

The laptop was perfectly fine before I changed my setup, it is using the same settings as all my other devices but for some reason it just will not see it.

Any ideas guys?

are you using wpa2?? and is the problem lappy on windows xp? I'm sure i had a problem with lappy on xp not connecting to router using wpa2 encryption awhile back

Ok, some more details...

I changed the channel and the SSID - from ch.7 to ch.13 UK

I'm using WEP as I've got 2 wireless routers bridged and on these machines only WEP is available when bridging.

Even with the security disabled the Laptop still can't see the network.

The problematic laptop is running WinXP.

My other machines are all on Win7. My PS3, Xbox, Android Phone can all see the wifi and connect easily.

Have you checked the country code in windows, reason I say this is because some countries only use ch 1 to 11 unlike the uk. if country code is not set to UK this may be the issue

Have you checked the country code in windows, reason I say this is because some countries only use ch 1 to 11 unlike the uk. if country code is not set to UK this may be the issue

Country code is UK mate, channel 13.

I've tried all the channels and all the country codes.

Country code is UK mate, channel 13.

I've tried all the channels and all the country codes.

This is generally down to the channel. I don't mean to disbelieve you, but can you try Ch. 6 or 11. In my experience its down to what the adapter supports.

Back