02 Ford Ka Remote fob Programming

lagerlout

Inactive User
Reaction score
My girlfirends Ka remote fob isnt working after she changed the battery on it. Fords are saying it need to be reprogrammed at £80. Is this something I can do myself? Anyone know how to do it? Cheers guys

Cheers mate, I saw that one. Not sure which one to try, its got 3 buttons on it

BS, the only reason for a reprogram would be a new key transponder or something has gone wrong with the car. You do not need to reprogram the key after you have changed the battery in the key.

What year Ka is it ?

Its an 02 mate. So even if the battery is totally flat it wont loose any settings?

Its an 02 mate. So even if the battery is totally flat it wont loose any settings?

Battery on the keyfob ?

There are no setting to lose. There is a transponder key it stores in ROM. The battery is only required to power the sender unit.

Yeah the battery on the fob went dead and after she changed it stopped working. Wonder if the fob is faulty then? They sell them on eBay but how would I pair a new one to the car?

Cheers, will give these another try. Battery is definately good i measured it on my multimeter. Cant find one specific to the KA anywhere, it has the 3 button fob. Not sure if its a radio one or and infrared?

Back