£25 freesat card questions???

BIG-HOL

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi all, iv got sky full package in my living room, but i have an old thomson box i want to connect up in my young uns room and just buy the freesat card for him, basically what do i have to do, just buy the card and it will work in the old box once connected to the satelite, does it need paired with receiver, or will this make any difference to my main sky account, as technically its an extra box but without the premium channels.

all help or experience appreciated!

basically i was going to buy him an aerial and freeview box. around £35 for both, but i have this thomson box from my old package so might aswell use it, and i believe the freesat receives alot more channels than a freeview box and it will save me a job of putting the aerial up, still have to run a line into his room but thats ok.

many thanks

chris

might be wrong mate with free sat card you get all free view channels, and free sky channels.
if need a white sky card ive got some if want one mate, stick it in it do lil auto pair then you should get channel 5 and whatever else is free
i might be wrong thou mate

might be wrong mate with free sat card you get all free view channels, and free sky channels.
if need a white sky card ive got some if want one mate, stick it in it do lil auto pair then you should get channel 5 and whatever else is free
i might be wrong thou mate
if you think the white cards you have will work and clear the freeview channels mate that would be grand, havnt really got a clue myself to be honest, will the box and card just pair themselves or is there a setting to configure this withing the settings on the box!

thanks

if memory serves me right to get freeview dont need anything,
if plug box in you prob get most of channels now,
to get five you need card.

i'll get a line down to his room 2moro, weather permitting, and see what it gets, whats the cards for then if im getting all the freeview stuff anyway, is it just for the extra free sky channels im guessing!

Last edited:
never reali understood what the card is needed for mate.
but i got 4 sitting at home so send you one anyway
that will be great mate if you have 1 spare, i'll pm you my address if thats ok, cheers!:Clap:

I've got a White card and put in my box and it's says wrong card and ya can't pair it so I hardly have any free view

A FSFS card (or ex-subscription card, provided it's a current white card) regionalises your box so you get the correct BBC/ITV regions on 101/103

And gives you access to ITV(as some regions are encrypted on Sky )Five, Fiver, Fiver+1, Five US, Five US+1, Sky3, LFC TV, Viva, and the HD versions of C4 and C5 (if you have an HD box, obviously) which are all FTV channels.

I believe there are two options, free to air and free to view. FTA can be picked up by any equipment, for example a freesat box or S2 tuner card in your PC. FTV requires the £25 card from sky but has a greater range of channels including HD CH4 and C5.

can only quote on my experiance last year when i cancelled sly they cut off the lot no ch3 or anything .phoned to say where are my free channels got told you have to buy a card for the freesat from sky as there are two sections one is sky sub only and the other is freesat from sky non sub.
i moaned and moaned and got a card sent it would not work in old box left it in for i believe 3 days would not update or work.
i had to phonw the freesat from sky people as sky would not assist
and yes the card has to be paired to the box they even use a diff epg number and they done over the air new software update
all this for channel 5 sky 3 five usa and fiver not worth £25 in my opinion for those as you can get a lot more on a freeview box for the same money

Buy a freesat box from argos £30 gives local bbc and itv

well iv run a cable and hooked the thomson box up, bbc1, 2, itv and channel 4 work, aswell as alot of other channels, never went through them all as there loads that dont work aswell, it will do for now, least hes got something to watch, fisco is kindly sending me a white card to see if that will clear a few more, if not think i'll just invest in a freesat box from argos, as least he will be able to watch every channel that a freesat box is capable of.

many thanks for the help everyone, i'll report back when iv received that card from fisco, cheers mate.

well iv run a cable and hooked the thomson box up, bbc1, 2, itv and channel 4 work, aswell as alot of other channels, never went through them all as there loads that dont work aswell, it will do for now, least hes got something to watch, fisco is kindly sending me a white card to see if that will clear a few more, if not think i'll just invest in a freesat box from argos, as least he will be able to watch every channel that a freesat box is capable of.

many thanks for the help everyone, i'll report back when iv received that card from fisco, cheers mate.

ya please do bighol because i have a 2 sky boxs but no white card, if all works good i shall get a card.
cheers NJ

Hey guys,
i dont have a sly reciever (not a spare one anyway)
and i want a card to play around with for setting it up with a phoenix reader with newcs and a dreambox.
dont want to use my current card cos i know it will take some fidling around with to get my phoenix reader set up and dont want to disconnect my clients.
so i'm thinking of setting up the phoenix card reader and infinity with a spare dm and spare card,
and then when its confirmed working, i would just switch the boxkeys in the config and the actual cards.

now, if i do have a spare card, how do i get its boxkey without ringing sly up and asking them to pair it with an orignal box cos i dont have one.
Cheers,
Crazy.

hi
I have freesat sky at my caravan (because freeview tv loses signal)
I have no card in old sky boxes
I get five by doing
you can put this channel in manually(even if there is no card in at all)
press services on the handset then (4) system setup,(4)add channels then enter frequency 10.773 pol H symbol rate 22.000 fec5/6 highlight five on the list that comes up and press the yellow button to enable.
to view five press services then (7) other channels highlight five then select.you will not be able to get this via the tv guide button.

if you have a sky card (form elsewere ie car boot sale) leave in sky box on stand by for 24 hours(it may be quicker) and C5 usally shows in tv listings

hope this may help

Last edited:
never reali understood what the card is needed for mate.
but i got 4 sitting at home so send you one anyway
did the card work? im also in the same boat, but im using father inlaws old skyplus box after he upgraded to hd. i had an old sky dish so just link the cable back up and hey presto.. the only channels i get or 1234 and a few others, if you had any going spair fisco i would greatly appreciate it pal, its worth a pun before shelling out 25 quid to sky

Hi
can i jump on the band wagon and ask if u got a card 2 give away...lol
I love to try one out in 2 boxes i just repaired and in my 9000HD box.
I maybe late but its worth me asking...

thank you in ADV

whats the deal with a sky free sat card and a dreambox? i know its only freeview but with c/s this will show as a local card lol ;).

anyone know about pairing ect.. or is it just a chuck it in the box job? i did have an old bluecard in mine that worked/updated for a while but then it died.

Back