£1.36 feckin litre petrol!!

£1:24.9 a litre at the local Jet garage. Did i not read that there is to be another increase of something like 3.5p a litre or has that already kicked in. People voted for this tory government because they thought they would 'save' them money but it's going to cost everyone more than ever.

£1:24.9 a litre at the local Jet garage. Did i not read that there is to be another increase of something like 3.5p a litre or has that already kicked in. People voted for this tory government because they thought they would 'save' them money but it's going to cost everyone more than ever.

yep there is going to be another increase next week

It would have been no better and most likely worse under labour

It would have been no better and most likely worse under labour

From austion powers. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

I can't complain LPG is still 58p litre, and home made bio-diesel is still 28p litre.

Im so glad i didn't vote tory! I hope those that did are glad they voted them in.

I knew they would rape us they did the last time they were in power.

OP 1.36.9 a litre pmsl wtf??

Petrol £1.24.9 and diesel £128.9..

I like how diesel matched petrol in the summer in terms of price.. It was £118.9 for ages..

It would seem they have kept the price lower than usual to keep people happy to then whack the price up as punishment..

Anyone know how to get the dye out of red diesel???

as for vat increase labour were close to raising it to 20% in late 2008 before the recession really kicked in - they admitted it

a lot of these fuel / alcohol / ciggy rises were implemented in the march 2009 budget by darling

all the tories have done is cut back on public spending & raised VAT to 20%

the problem we got is our currency is worth shit and it lost a lot of its value when banks starting going under and has since not recovered

1.5$ to a pound = use to be 2$ to a pound

1.17 euros to a pound = use to be 1.45

so what do we do ?

keep pumping billions into a heavily dependant Public service and watch the private sector shrink due to cost of running a business

we reduce public sector defecit and try and stimulate private sector to get more people into work

you dig deeper and a lot of our problems revolve around not producing much and importing everything and relying on a weak currency

petrol would be 20% cheaper if we had the same exchange rate as early 2008

Last edited:
The banks are the reason we are in this mess imo

yeh they were allowed to get away with murder

tony blair should be held accountable for it though

low interest rates & made credit available to everyone who wanted it

banks gave out mortgages 20x more than a person's their yearly income knowing they couldn't afford it - gave out unsecured loans to pelple to holidays & cars

the big problem is debt that has been written off - banks have lent the money and not got it back and people have filed for IVA to stop their assets being taken

it doesn't help interest rates being kept at zero cos all that does is help people on mortgages and does little concerning the borrowing of credit

banks are a reason as to why we are like this but also irresponsible personal banking concerning credit when they cant afford to pay it back etc

Fook petrol i got company van :banana:
my texts have gone from 10p to 12p now they taken it too far :grab:: whip :

Me too, does not come out of my pocket directly, but when deciding things like wages , budgets etc , it has a knock on effect.

£50 spot in the Porsche and get half a tank !!!!!!

Full tank in van FREE, smokes a bit and runs like a tractor...lol

yeh they were allowed to get away with murder

tony blair should be held accountable for it though

low interest rates & made credit available to everyone who wanted it

banks gave out mortgages 20x more than a person's their yearly income knowing they couldn't afford it - gave out unsecured loans to pelple to holidays & cars

the big problem is debt that has been written off - banks have lent the money and not got it back and people have filed for IVA to stop their assets being taken

it doesn't help interest rates being kept at zero cos all that does is help people on mortgages and does little concerning the borrowing of credit

banks are a reason as to why we are like this but also irresponsible personal banking concerning credit when they cant afford to pay it back etc

Tell me how many people with mortgages are benefitting from 0.5% rates,a select few at the least.
The majority are paying 4-6% in the real world,just the same prior to everything going tits up.
As for blaming banks over credit,come on the average joe needs to be bear some responsibility when borrowing money.

what really makes me sick is the vat isnt only on just the fuel, the cheek fookers charge vat also on thier fooking duty, thats really taking the pi$$. by rights we should only be paying vat on the product not the extra taxes the govenement have added.
we should really only be paying vat on the 30p or whatever it is now for a litre of fuel not the full 128p per litre.....
i cant see this conDem govenment lasting long, i cant see the dems coming out the otherside as a party either now. torys, well this is just normal for a tory govenment, even though they blame labour. any govenment, they are all crooks anyways, fook them all.
power to the people lol

Back