£1.36 feckin litre petrol!!

went to buy some parts for a car from the local scrapyard the other day cheeky feckers gave me a price then added the vat. The vat has already been paid on this vehicle when it was new why do we need to pay again?.

lol if a scrappy charged me vat i would have told them to feck off!

Also - I reckon the only reason the tories got into power was because the libdems promised so much, i was considering voting for them, however im glad i didnt. They clearly where a bunch of lieing ****ers.

They have shot them selfs in the foot imo when they paired up with the tories and even more so now that they have agreed to the vat/student costs rise!

Back to the point though, In 4 years the oil has went up extreamly in price once, and fell lots, We saw the height of it back in summer 2009, however we didnt see any discount when the price fell again did wee?

you guys just moan, get on with it ... you have two options: pay the price or sell the car...

what really makes me sick is the vat isnt only on just the fuel, the cheek fookers charge vat also on thier fooking duty, thats really taking the pi$$. by rights we should only be paying vat on the product not the extra taxes the govenement have added.
we should really only be paying vat on the 30p or whatever it is now for a litre of fuel not the full 128p per litre.....
i cant see this conDem govenment lasting long, i cant see the dems coming out the otherside as a party either now. torys, well this is just normal for a tory govenment, even though they blame labour. any govenment, they are all crooks anyways, fook them all.
power to the people lol

i agree with you m8 i was just saying that this morning to my dad that you cant tax tax anyway vat is value add taxs that what it was stand for and that was introdued for certain produts so how is petrol be charged vat the no value in it most people buy perrol to get to work to make money to pay tax to pay more tax, hell we only seen to pay taxs where robin hood
:Kickassro:feck::NoNo:

you guys just moan, get on with it ... you have two options: pay the price or sell the car...

your having a larf arnt you!!??. as with most people in this country we have no public service and HAVE to work, i done 38k miles last year - the majority of it going to work, public service would have never catered for that.
we have the right to moan when your being raped time and again - as usual its middle and lower earners that bere the brunt of the govenments hikes.
hmm pay rise time, yeah right, most of us have taken pay cut after pay cut in the last few years, and this equates to another pay cut.

your having a larf arnt you!!??. as with most people in this country we have no public service and HAVE to work, i done 38k miles last year - the majority of it going to work, public service would have never catered for that.
we have the right to moan when your being raped time and again - as usual its middle and lower earners that bere the brunt of the govenments hikes.
hmm pay rise time, yeah right, most of us have taken pay cut after pay cut in the last few years, and this equates to another pay cut.

What I mean is, where your moan is going to take you? Can I tell? NOWHERE!
Or you think they will say "Ops, Sorry guys! lets reduce the price of the petrol as people are not happy with it"

Want to know more? this is nothing things will get worse! MUCH worse! wait and see....

Thats why I say: Get on with it, suck it up pay or sell the car and start cycling!

Last edited:

Or look at alternative fuel options.

I've had cars running on LPG for the last 15 years (LPG has been used in motor vehicles since the 1950's)

If you take into account the cost of conversion (any car designed to run on unleaded petrol can be converted) and take away the cost saving on fuel, most cars only take around 2 years of running on LPG to pay for the conversion.

Mine took 18 months to pay for itself, doing 60 miles per day to and from work. That was 5 years ago.

There is virtually no difference in BHP or MPG between LPG and petrol. LPG is cleaner and burns much more efficient than petrol. You get a reduction in road tax and get a congestion charge exemption certificate.

You can also buy ready converted cars. The Mrs bought a Volvo S60 Bi-Fuel car beginning of last year. Volvo, Vauxhall, VW, Renault, Bentley and BMW sell brand new cars that run on LPG.

When you work out the MPG against cost it means that My Jag is as economical as a Mondeo. It does 26MPG as standard but LPG is half the price so you can equate that to 52MPG in petrol costs.

LPG is available all over the place now too. When you convert a car you can run on LPG or petrol, doubling the range of the car, or you can use petrol to find a place that sells LPG if you run out.

If you have the room at your house you can have a 2500 liter LPG tank installed, and then you can buy it in bulk as heating gas, which is around 40p per liter. All you need to do is buy a removable hand or electric pump to fill your car from the tank.

Also you could look at making your own Bio-Diesel.

My m8 paid £300 for the kit and he does it in his garage. He gets oil from his local chippy/restaurant puts it through several filters, boils it and adds a couple of chemicals and gets 120 litres per brewing.

Taking into account cost of chemicals and electricity he's making it for around 27p per liter and any normal diesel engine can run on it without modification.

You can make 2500 liters per year without having to declare it for tax reasons. Over that and you have to pay duty.

Last edited:

I've had cars running on LPG for the last 15 years (LPG has been used in motor vehicles since the 1950's)

If you take into account the cost of conversion (any car designed to run on unleaded petrol can be converted) and take away the cost saving on fuel, most cars only take around 2 years of running on LPG to pay for the conversion.

Mine took 18 months to pay for itself, doing 60 miles per day to and from work. That was 5 years ago.

There is virtually no difference in BHP or MPG between LPG and petrol. LPG is cleaner and burns much more efficient than petrol. You get a reduction in road tax and get a congestion charge exemption certificate.

You can also buy ready converted cars. The Mrs bought a Volvo S60 Bi-Fuel car beginning of last year. Volvo, Vauxhall, VW, Renault, Bentley and BMW sell brand new cars that run on LPG.

When you work out the MPG against cost it means that My Jag is as economical as a Mondeo. It does 26MPG as standard but LPG is half the price so you can equate that to 52MPG in petrol costs.

LPG is available all over the place now too. When you convert a car you can run on LPG or petrol, doubling the range of the car, or you can use petrol to find a place that sells LPG if you run out.

If you have the room at your house you can have a 2500 liter LPG tank installed, and then you can buy it in bulk as heating gas, which is around 40p per liter. All you need to do is buy a removable hand or electric pump to fill your car from the tank.

Also you could look at making your own Bio-Diesel.

My m8 paid £300 for the kit and he does it in his garage. He gets oil from his local chippy/restaurant puts it through several filters, boils it and adds a couple of chemicals and gets 120 litres per brewing.

Taking into account cost of chemicals and electricity he's making it for around 27p per liter and any normal diesel engine can run on it without modification.

You can make 2500 liters per year without having to declare it for tax reasons. Over that and you have to pay duty.

Thats what I mean, people normally sit back bitch and moan and do nothing, they need to stop focusing on the problems and starting thinking about solutions!

What I mean is, where your moan is going to take you? Can I tell? NOWHERE!
Or you think they will say "Ops, Sorry guys! lets reduce the price of the petrol as people are not happy with it"

Want to know more? this is nothing things will get worse! MUCH worse! wait and see....

Thats why I say: Get on with it, suck it up pay or sell the car and start cycling!

What you suggest i do? I live 6 milles from work Im am extreamly unfit so cycling is not a valid answer. Should i get a taxi to work and back every day?

And there no easy bus route or train route before you spout that pish!

Do you have a car?

What you suggest i do? I live 6 milles from work Im am extreamly unfit so cycling is not a valid answer. Should i get a taxi to work and back every day?

And there no easy bus route or train route before you spout that pish!

Do you have a car?

Get fit! Moaning will not solve the problem? if you depend that much on the car you have to pay the price, NOTHING else you can do. So, again, suck it up stop bitching and pay the price!!

Yes I do have a car and a bike, I cycle to work 3 days a week and drive to work once a week as I finish at 11pm on fridays.

Not entirely true as Autogas uses the liquid part of the gas layer, which means you would need to buy a liquid take off valve from the bottom of you cylinder.

Normal heating gas does not have excise duty levied on it as its not meant to be used as autogas.

Your Autogas is dearer to buy than Heating gas because it has excise duty levied on it for road use!

So your OK until someone grasses you up to HM Customs & Excise for the duty.

Not entirely true as Autogas uses the liquid part of the gas layer, which means you would need to buy a liquid take off valve from the bottom of you cylinder.

Normal heating gas does not have excise duty levied on it as its not meant to be used as autogas.

Your Autogas is dearer to buy than Heating gas because it has excise duty levied on it for road use!

So your OK until someone grasses you up to HM Customs & Excise for the duty.

You can use normal LPG for cooking, heating or running your car.

When I fill my car at Cheshire Gas, they use the same tank as you can buy for your house. I did some research when I was buying my first LPG conversion, the guy who quoted me for fitting to my house also asked me if I wanna buy a pump to fill my car. I didn't get it because I had no access to get my car near the back garden.

You can buy LPG gas fire and cookers too. As well as LPG boilers and water heaters. But it's not the same as natural gas, so need different fittings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquefied_petroleum_gas

Last edited:
I did look into it some time ago, but decided as my wifes car only does 4000miles a year it aint worth it.

I know the gas is the same, it was more the Duty on the gas i was trying to make people aware of.

She drives a DCI now and i did look at bio, but again the outlay against the milage i wont bother.

Get fit! Moaning will not solve the problem? if you depend that much on the car you have to pay the price, NOTHING else you can do. So, again, suck it up stop bitching and pay the price!!

Yes I do have a car and a bike, I cycle to work 3 days a week and drive to work once a week as I finish at 11pm on fridays.

ok in my case i have to drive 142 miles each way to work, i do extreme shifts, so starting as early as 3am and finishing as late as 2am, in shift rotation - no public transport as i am public transport,
I would love the option to cycle to work - but my milage would mean well you do the maths.
I think ive got the god given right to moan about it, with the uni fees (an i have twins) hitting 9k each just for thier tuition, fuel 20% more than last week, thats before food and other expenses im now working to just pay my tax bill every month, and i should grin and bare it.
sorry in your case your either trying to wind us up or its a case of "im alright jack", that is the precise reason why the govenment run all over us, there are too many people that will take it lying down.
before you say its the internet blah blah blah, im currently fighting, so far ive lost 5 days pay in the last 3 months because of strike action - our company is trying a load of things to lower our pay, guess who ultimatly owns our company, the fooking govenment.
and i should grin and bare it shezz...
if we dont make a stand with this so called mickey mouse govenment then were all going to end up on the poverty line.....FACT

We'll, im up at 7 each morning out the house by 7-45, i also sometimes start at 7. Why should i have to be uncomfortable, sweaty, horrible looking when i get to work?! I take the car because its comfortable, quick, easy!

No your attitude of "ah well the government can do what they like and it fine cause there the government" and "well just take public transport or get fit!(Easier said than done) is excally whats wrong with this country! If they tried this shit anywhere else you'd get the riots for example in France - The students for example set the example, protests and roits and they still put the price of fees up, what does that tell you.

Now yeah, im moaning, but its about the only think i can do about it alone, so telling everyone to shut up and get on with it in not the answer, when the fule protests start i'll be there :Clap: in an attempt to solve the "problem"

You can be a sweaty on a bike and cycle to work if you like, i wont do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll, im up at 7 each morning out the house by 7-45, i also sometimes start at 7. Why should i have to be uncomfortable, sweaty, horrible looking when i get to work?! I take the car because its comfortable, quick, easy!

No your attitude of "ah well the government can do what they like and it fine cause there the government" and "well just take public transport or get fit!(Easier said than done) is excally whats wrong with this country! If they tried this shit anywhere else you'd get the riots for example in France - The students for example set the example, protests and roits and they still put the price of fees up, what does that tell you.

Now yeah, im moaning, but its about the only think i can do about it alone, so telling everyone to shut up and get on with it in not the answer, when the fule protests start i'll be there :Clap: in an attempt to solve the "problem"

You can be a sweaty on a bike and cycle to work if you like, i wont do it.

Keep moaning then and see where that takes you....

£1.29 Unleaded

£1.32 Diesel

By the way how much space does an LPG Tank take up in the boot of the car

Back