£1.36 feckin litre petrol!!

The Dentist

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I knew the petrol was going up but didnt realise it was gonna be this much.
Due to not needing to fill up for the past week and a half or so i thought 3 or 4p rise wouldnt be that bad. what the hell is this country coming to. soon petrol be worth more than gold.
in a week and a half its gone from 1.22 to 1.36. and the week before that i filled up at watford shell at 1.15!! Thats more than the difference of the 20% rise plus another 5p on top.

124.9 at our local Tesco today
was 120.9 last week

Whats worse is public transport is still 3 times more expensive! thats taking into consideration tax, insurance and petrol. (over the course of the year)

still cheap compared to beer, so stop moning:proud:.

compare 1 gallon of ale
and 1 gallon of petrol and how they are made and were they come from?

beer wont get me to work or put food on the table! lol

the fuel protests were because it hit 80p a litre, now everyone just bends over and takes it in the arse when its nearly double that much??

why??

cos the government decided its against the law to protest

ffs

Beer or Petrol it's not just the fact they are both expensive but the fact that the largest slice of the cost is government taxes !!!!
Also remember the fuel increases will have the domino effect of increasing the price of everything else including food and childrens clothing which the government stressed were not effected by the increase in vat -- Bullsh*t and they know it !!!!

anyone up for some old facasion fuel protesting? I'd happliy put my licence on the line or a fine to get some results!

I reckon its needed considering the price of oils been steadlie droping. The goverment take about 80% of tax now...:mad: ****ing con artists the lot of them. Why should be get raped for stuff the banks done :(

anyone up for some old facasion fuel protesting? I'd happliy put my licence on the line or a fine to get some results!

I reckon its needed considering the price of oils been steadlie droping. The goverment take about 80% of tax now...:mad: ****ing con artists the lot of them. Why should be get raped for stuff the banks done :(

thats the thing though m8, no fooker will

the last protest, i drove for 2 and half hours, to meet what was supposed to be hundreds of people at milford haven, fkin about 7 of us and about 45 cops lol

i think there will be protests soon though

this doesn't affect the normal driver but everything

food will go up cos of logistics

cost of postage & courier

cost of taxi's & public transport

then we got the stamp duty increase on alcohol & fags

the country has gone to the dogs . They said before christmas that it would cost a family of four around £400 per year .So if you put a tank of fuel in a week (average car 65 litre tank ) fuel alone will add up to more than that . All these big cheeses in the goverment who make these ideas up ,most probs they dont even know what how to put fuel in there chauffeur driven jag

Yep, its getting worse.
Our fuel bill at work has risen from £3000 a month to nearly £5000 a month.
Same vehicles. Journeys etc, just a whopping great increase in Fuel Prices.

Yep, its getting worse.
Our fuel bill at work has risen from £3000 a month to nearly £5000 a month.
Same vehicles. Journeys etc, just a whopping great increase in Fuel Prices.

all blamed on the cost of a barrel of oil, the only barrels involved is us all over one being tax shagged in the arse and putting up with it

i drive a small van and put between £150-200 a week in the tank, plus then i put ~ £50 a week petrol in the car

the govt have shot themselfs in the foot with all these rises so close together, as shown above, £2k a month extra fuel, or extra spent on fuel, as still getting the same amount, that £2k has to come from somewhere, so the extra is passed on to the customer in smaller chunks, and now with VAT as well

in 6 months, watch the unemployment numbers rocket again, due to firms collapsing and people being laid off as firms cannot afford to employ them any more

its all a downward spiral

Yes we will all have a moan and do fook all about it as per, should take a leaf out of the frogs book.
may wee may wee.

in a week and a half its gone from 1.22 to 1.36. and the week before that i filled up at watford shell at 1.15!! Thats more than the difference of the 20% rise plus another 5p on top.

it is criminal the rise, its got *uck to do with the price it cost to get it out of the ground and transport it to the pump its what the oil companies and government think they can squeeze out of the paying public.

not a party political statment they ALL do it torys, socilasts liberals look around europe there are all sorts of governments and they all do it to a degree.

it gets worse when you look at the price in real terms Gallons not flippin litres

£1.36 a litre is £6.18 a gallon i can remember my Dad was moaning about the price when it went to more than a pound a gallon.

these tax increases .etc will definetly put us back
even into a double dip recession

if they want to find money
then i say we (The Tax Payer) paid for the banks

i think we own 41% of the banks

so they should be paying us 41% out of their profits or atleast 20% per year

they all boast about their profits

plus the bonuses should be taxed 20% too

i bet the banks can pay us back within 5 years if they wanted to

that 2.5% rise in vat is just enough to make business go bankrupt and people out of work!

Back