Upgrading vu+solo2 clone to accept genuine untouched images

Status
Not open for further replies.
@banditus If you read the tutorial correctly you will see it states to use the cable that came with box,also this has been posted numerous times.Try reading through this thread..its posted a page back.
AJT

sorry but on my box no cable inside.

Depends where the box came from, normally most ebay sellers will ship the box without the cable, no idea why but it could be because they don't want you messing around with the box possibly bricking it or it could be more lucrative and the reason is that the buyer then has to go back to the seller who will then off course offer a service and charge.

Depends where the box came from, normally most ebay sellers will ship the box without the cable, no idea why but it could be because they don't want you messing around with the box possibly bricking it or it could be more lucrative and the reason is that the buyer then has to go back to the seller who will then off course offer a service and charge.

Or they want to pass it off as an original Solo2!

Yep, the original Solo2 ships without a serial cable.

So, a little news from my end. I got my two new null modem cables, one of which with a so-called null modem with handshake pinout, and using this one I got a different result running update.exe... Promising!

013c6b505d9ff8d42946b6d37d2e225a.png

Unfortunately, afterwards, after flashing a new-driver firmware, it still goes to HW Error, and flashing older (safe) firmwares still has it stuck at "Starting..", so nothing changed there.

Attempting update.exe again, now no longer triggers 'start download...' at all. Can anyone confirm whether you can only apply this update once?

So, if you're having trouble running update.exe, you might want to try another cable (other than the one provided, even). I'll let you know what the pinout on this "null modem with handshake" cable is later. Of course, it's also possible the supplied cable has wonky connectors. The cable I used this time was a much snugger fit, although additionally, the pinout is also different.

Does anyone know if you can perform the FPGA part of the update from the shell (command line)?

I can access the box via telnet if I flash a firmware and set it to not reboot. Perhaps I can try that part again somehow.

I did not understand Specty.

Had you made ​​the change from AJT?

Were you upgraded to original firmware and after update with the drivers of 18.03.2014, has it stuck at "Starting.." ?

Were you upgraded to original firmware and after update with the drivers of 18.03.2014, has it stuck at "Starting.." ?

This has nothing to do with new drivers, no worries.

My box has been getting stuck at "Starting.." since attempting the Vu+ Solo2 clone upgrade ("from v1 to v2") as described in this thread. FPGA update was done successfully, and for quite a while I wasn't able to do the update.exe part, but I seem to have that worked out now by using another cable. But regardless the box is still stuck at "Starting..". Maybe the FPGA update didn't go 100%. Maybe something's broken in my box. Not sure yet.

Sorry but I want to try AJT safe file but have to post 5 times...huuu

Strange thing is that it comming futher when use BH 2.0.8 then it saying HW Error, then back to BH 2.0.6 or 7 it only saying Starting

So last post to get a try on AJT safe Clone Image...finaly

Why can I not download AJT clone safe, I have posted 5 times..this is the 6:th ??

How did you get connected with Telnet ?, Did you get IP from the box when it wa in Starting.... ?? I don't get IP only BlackHole boot screen on old driver and HW Error on new driver and black screen

I didn't get my box to work yet, but as far as I know everyone else did by just reflashing (a few times) different clone-safe images.

While you VDF display shows 'UBIFS Update', your box will try to get an IP from the DHCP server in your network (your router). These usually have a DHCP-client list, one of the listed IP's should be your box's.

Alternately, you can use an utility like SoftPerfect Network Scanner to quickly scan (and monitor) your entire network range for (new) devices. You should be able to determine your box' IP that way pretty easily.

8ecf4079f18248bc5be1704ad37531e7.png

@Specty, I don't think there is a way to update the FPGA other than via the plugin.

I've had a look and couldn't find anything but the plugin is a python script so if you can find the source fpga.py then you might be able to look to see what command it runs in order to do the update.

@Biosman, you need to describe what you have done so far and what the output was and how far you got. Nothing is really the same so the more info you supply the more of a chance that somebody can help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back