Upgrading vu+solo2 clone to accept genuine untouched images

Status
Not open for further replies.
someone who has tested updating from BH 2.0.9 to 2.0.9.1 Blind Scan is available under the green button.
Works on Clone v2?

Hmm, I'm not convinced as some of the people trying to update their boxes purchased them before the v2 boxes started being shipped? Maybe all people having problems should also post when they ordered and when they received their box that they are having problems with, the reason for asking for both is that is somebody has decided to have their box shipped via slow post so the order date sort of becomes important.

Order date probably wont have anything to do with it..if a seller has loads of V1 then they ship first i guess..As i say it is so simple to just flash test the box first what ever date you got it with a genuine untouched image and you will soon know if indeed the box needs the upgrade or not..Thats it simple as that if it takes it great if you get H.W then do the upgrade

Order date probably wont have anything to do with it..if a seller has loads of V1 then they ship first i guess..As i say it is so simple to just flash test the box first what ever date you got it with a genuine untouched image and you will soon know if indeed the box needs the upgrade or not..Thats it simple as that if it takes it great if you get H.W then do the upgrade

Whats about the peoples who have tried every possible tip and the boxes are not completing 2nd step of the upgrade ???
I have also tried with my friend's box . I think its not enough to say they are not getting and or its an art to update .

Whats about the peoples who have tried every possible tip and the boxes are not completing 2nd step of the upgrade ???
I have also tried with my friend's box . I think its not enough to say they are not getting and or its an art to update .

This is why I said what I did, you managed to get your box updated but your friends box fails even when using the hardware and cable that you used to do yours. Did your friend order the box from the same supplier as you? I wonder if the problem lies with the actual RS232 connector on the back of the box? The reason I say this is that when I had my Duo I too had problems updating the duo from v2 to v3.2, for me it turned out to be the fact that when the cable was being plugged into the back of the box it wasn't actually making proper contact even though it looked it was. I ended up dismantling the back of the Duo to remove the locking nuts which was enough to make proper contact.

No he has ordered the diffrent seller who was offering 20 dollars less then mine . I have tried every thing but believe it seems that box doesnt accept the file from any way.

I would like to know what version of Windows people are running the upgrade on and also what model/make of USB to RS232 adapter people are using. I got mine from eBay (USB to RS232 Serial 9Pin Cable Adapter PC PDA GPS 35DI | eBay) and it shows 'USB-SERIAL CH340' in device manager. Please reply with what your adpater shows or post a link to where you bought it from if your also using a USB adapter.

I would still like to know what are the settings shown for:

Bits per second
Data bits
Parity
Stop Bits
Flow control

I need to know to see if my adapter is using differnet settings. So please don't just say I never changed anything, let me know what they are actualy set to. Because I know changing my settings does effect what happens, I just need to find the right settings combination.

I would like to know what version of Windows people are running the upgrade on and also what model/make of USB to RS232 adapter people are using. I got mine from eBay (USB to RS232 Serial 9Pin Cable Adapter PC PDA GPS 35DI | eBay) and it shows 'USB-SERIAL CH340' in device manager. Please reply with what your adpater shows or post a link to where you bought it from if your also using a USB adapter.

I would still like to know what are the settings shown for:

Bits per second
Data bits
Parity
Stop Bits
Flow control

I need to know to see if my adapter is using differnet settings. So please don't just say I never changed anything, let me know what they are actualy set to. Because I know changing my settings does effect what happens, I just need to find the right settings combination.

Keep in mind and its pointed put many time that
1. Null modem cable and VU solo is diffrent
2. its has settings like this
2-----------------------1
3-----------------------6
5-----------------------5

Keep in mind and its pointed put many time that
1. Null modem cable and VU solo is diffrent
2. its has settings like this
2-----------------------1
3-----------------------6
5-----------------------5

Thanks for the info Alraza63, I'm at work right now but from memory my Bits per second & Data bits settings are different! I'll give your setting a shot later. I am attaching the cable that came with the box to the USB adapter and then to the Solo2 in the correct order and even tried in reverse, I'm guessing your not using a USB adapter?

I tried with various cables and S232 could not. After being roamed the clone, I again put the cable that comes with the clone # 2 receiver and the number 1 to PC and it worked first.
Today I actalizado the BH to 2.0.9.1 and everything estupendo.Gracias TJA and peers.

Well after 3 hours of messing about trying another laptop with Windows 7 on it, and I still can't get it to update even with changing the settings. So I give up unless somebody can recommend a USB to RS232 adapter that works for them.

Well after 3 hours of messing about trying another laptop with Windows 7 on it, and I still can't get it to update even with changing the settings. So I give up unless somebody can recommend a USB to RS232 adapter that works for them.

Are you using rs232 to usb converter ? if you have installed the drives after that connect your usb converter then go to device manager and see what com port it is there . Set it as comport 1 then again try. I hope it will work now .

Are you using rs232 to usb converter ? if you have installed the drives after that connect your usb converter then go to device manager and see what com port it is there . Set it as comport 1 then again try. I hope it will work now .

I've read every post about the Solo2 clone upgrades, at least twice! So yes I had everything set-up correctly as AJT posted from performing his upgrade; COM1, use the cable that came with the Solo2, lead connected in the right order, run as admin, tried different images, downloads etc...

There is nothing I have missed believe me! I've ordered a different USB to RS232 adapter as I've read people using the same one I have, encountered problems when using it to upgrade other boxes. Hopefully that will cure the problem and I can provide people with a link to buy a working adapter, once I've got it.

On a plus note I've realised how easy it is to upgrade the box to ViX 808, without upgrading the driver that gives the HW Error! If you have a Mac and use iDreamX you can install the updated packages individually, I just miss the one that causes the error. Shame I just discovered this as I could have given you the updated image with old drives ages ago, without all the messing around with using original Solo2 and the clone!

Hi mate..sorry your having so many problems its a pain in the bleep.
It certainly gets your head scratching why some are not able to complete the upgrades and i think you are on track with the new cable.
Hopefully that is the problem..I have however had issues in the past with com ports and drivers and in the end have actually reinstalled a computers OS to get things to work.
If you have a chance to use a different computer do so and make sure no other leads/usb etc are connected.
Also when your on your computer before you try upgrade again Click on your start button and in the search type "msconfig"you will then see it appear in the menu and click on it to open...then click top menus "startup" and untick everything except your security/anti virus click on apply and reboot this will stop any unneeded programs running in the background that may interfere ..once rebooted again before you try the upgrade disable your security/anti virus just for the upgrade and give it another go....Also download upgrade files again i have uploaded the files i used successfully as some others had issues with corruption used a different upgrade file and bingo success....good luck..just thinking of anything that might stop things happening..

I've read every post about the Solo2 clone upgrades, at least twice! So yes I had everything set-up correctly as AJT posted from performing his upgrade; COM1, use the cable that came with the Solo2, lead connected in the right order, run as admin, tried different images, downloads etc...

There is nothing I have missed believe me! I've ordered a different USB to RS232 adapter as I've read people using the same one I have, encountered problems when using it to upgrade other boxes. Hopefully that will cure the problem and I can provide people with a link to buy a working adapter, once I've got it.

On a plus note I've realised how easy it is to upgrade the box to ViX 808, without upgrading the driver that gives the HW Error! If you have a Mac and use iDreamX you can install the updated packages individually, I just miss the one that causes the error. Shame I just discovered this as I could have given you the updated image with old drives ages ago, without all the messing around with using original Solo2 and the clone!

Seems u have also one of them

I really don't believe there are 2 different versions of this clone. They will all be mass produced in 1 factory, all the different resellers are buying from the same place. It's more likely to be production problem, maybe 1 of the pins is not connected right on the RS232 socket. If the new USB adapter doesn't work, i'll open the box and take a look at the boards connections. Until then I can live without the update, as it still works.

yes u can do with seriel pci card but the only advise is to keep it as com port 1

@WhiteNoiseMaker, where abouts are you, I'm in NW London so if nearby can bring my laptop, dock and cable across to help updating the box?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back