Upgrading vu+solo2 clone to accept genuine untouched images

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Process to update SOLO2 is not that difficult ,even its described with pictures . I m unable to understand why peoples are so much confused and not getting the procedure step by step . Thanks God I had done it in first attempt .

@AJT
I click only once.
@Aliraza63
Everything I do follow the instructions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Use only the cable which is supplied with box and take care of the side of PC and SOLO2 . dont change them Just use as its mentioned . and dont press enter 2 times

I did everything step-by-step.
1. firmware - ok
2. upgrade hw - ok
3. upgrade to new sw - ?

Now BlackHole 2.0.9 is Starting for 3rd time... :(

@Aliraza63

On the cable which is supplied with box and take care of the side of PC and SOLO2 i have : 302 Found
I can not understand why.

regards

I did everything step-by-step.
1. firmware - ok
2. upgrade hw - ok
3. upgrade to new sw - ?

Now BlackHole 2.0.9 is Starting for 3rd time... :(

It was problem on USB stick. Fresh format did the trick.

Latest OpenLIi 4.0 is up'n'running :proud:

The Process to update SOLO2 is not that difficult ,even its described with pictures . I m unable to understand why peoples are so much confused and not getting the procedure step by step . Thanks God I had done it in first attempt .

I have the same problem as niko92, the process is not difficult at all, but no luck, i think it is cable related, before i retreat after 2 days of trying, some body help us with the following:
1 - com port setting (bits/sec, datbits, pparity ,....)
2 - cable pinout detailed connection (me and i think niko91 our boxes come without that damn rs232 cable)
I try all these connections (null modem 2-3,3-2,5-5 ......... 2-1, 3-6, 5-5 [solo2] .......... 3-6,2-4,5-5 solo,duo, and more others)
so with mutimeter need some one to test each pin of pc side with every one in box side, then test every pin in each end with the other pins of the same end(interconnections)
I follow and read every word of this post and the other 160 pages post in this forum (btw i am not a beginner) with no luck of course.

thanx

I have the same problem as niko92, the process is not difficult at all, but no luck, i think it is cable related, before i retreat after 2 days of trying, some body help us with the following:
1 - com port setting (bits/sec, datbits, pparity ,....)
2 - cable pinout detailed connection (me and i think niko91 our boxes come without that damn rs232 cable)
I try all these connections (null modem 2-3,3-2,5-5 ......... 2-1, 3-6, 5-5 [solo2] .......... 3-6,2-4,5-5 solo,duo, and more others)
so with mutimeter need some one to test each pin of pc side with every one in box side, then test every pin in each end with the other pins of the same end(interconnections)
I follow and read every word of this post and the other 160 pages post in this forum (btw i am not a beginner) with no luck of course.

thanx

I posted the pinouts of my cable in the other thread.

Anyone got the Chinese VU+ Solo2 - Page 158

Use the cable that came with your Solo2 and the cable is directional so try reversing the cable and see if that helps. Also make sure that the cable is firmly and securely plugged in.

im getting different problem altogether people.i see the file in usb+fpga_update I click it,then get both the solo2+fpga files showing so I proceed and click update.dat,then get cant found device file that's as far as I get.

im getting different problem altogether people.i see the file in usb+fpga_update I click it,then get both the solo2+fpga files showing so I proceed and click update.dat,then get cant found device file that's as far as I get.

USE untouch BH 2.0.6 then check it will work sure

Help! My USB to RS232 adapter came today but I can't just can't this update to work! ...and i'm really not computer illiterate!!

I'm running VIX 802 untouched, I've ran the FPGA update without any problems. I'm using WinXP with the USB adapter working on COM1. The cable is connected the correct way and if I reverse the cable the "start download..." message never appears so I know it must be seeing the box. In the command window when i switch the box on I can see...

start download...
start download...
start download...
start download...
start download...
. . . .
start download...

If i change the port setting for "bits per second", I get better download progress but ive never seen it complete and i've been trying all day! So i'm wondering what the correct port setting are for:-

Bits per second
Data bits
Parity
Stop Bits
Flow control

I never set any port settings, just plugged the cable in, ran update.exe and then started the box.

I never set any port settings, just plugged the cable in, ran update.exe and then started the box.

Did you use a USB adapter? if so do you have a link to the one you've got? failing that anyone in the Newcastle area want to have a go at upgrading my box!?!?

Did you use a USB adapter? if so do you have a link to the one you've got? failing that anyone in the Newcastle area want to have a go at upgrading my box!?!?

No, I used a laptop docking station that I purchased specifically so that I had a COM port.

Help! My USB to RS232 adapter came today but I can't just can't this update to work! ...and i'm really not computer illiterate!!

If i change the port setting for "bits per second", I get better download progress but ive never seen it complete and i've been trying all day! So i'm wondering what the correct port setting are for:-

Bits per second
Data bits
Parity
Stop Bits
Flow control

The upgrade itself takes less than a second to complete,you have everything right so it can only be a corrupt file or something.
I re-upped the files again to downloads the ones i used to complete both upgrades successfully.
also most success seems to be had well was for me when using my vix 808 clone safe image on the box at time of upgrade.

@IAmATeaf
Do not you feel it? His problem is how our.

@WhiteNoiseMaker
The problem as yours: VU+ solo2 clone problem - Page 3

regards

No i believe not.different sellers are sending out different boxes.some are what we have called V2 and do not need the upgrades and others are still the old V1.
I posted way back and yesterday owners should test the boxes with images before they try the upgrades as some need it and some wont.
easiest way to determine this is flash the latest image.if it takes all good if you get H.W error then you can try the upgrades..
but as ever folks just rush in and start messing before they have a clue what they have and what its all about.

No i believe not.different sellers are sending out different boxes.some are what we have called V2 and do not need the upgrades and others are still the old V1.
I posted way back and yesterday owners should test the boxes with images before they try the upgrades as some need it and some wont.
easiest way to determine this is flash the latest image.if it takes all good if you get H.W error then you can try the upgrades..
but as ever folks just rush in and start messing before they have a clue what they have and what its all about.

Hmm, I'm not convinced as some of the people trying to update their boxes purchased them before the v2 boxes started being shipped? Maybe all people having problems should also post when they ordered and when they received their box that they are having problems with, the reason for asking for both is that is somebody has decided to have their box shipped via slow post so the order date sort of becomes important.

Maybe all people having problems should also post when they ordered and when they received their box that they are having problems with, the reason for asking for both is that is somebody has decided to have their box shipped via slow post so the order date sort of becomes important.

Well my box shipped on 26th December and arrived on 3rd January and as i;ve previously posted it gives a HW Error message when flashing new images.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back