Upgrading vu+solo2 clone to accept genuine untouched images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scratch that, the VDF is just black now whatever I do. Heh.

I have a theory on why some boxes are ok to update and others are not. I've just stripped my clone down to its components in the last hope that putting it back together will fix something... it didn't!

However on the bottom of the circuit board it had a manufacture date of Nov 2013. The extra chip that does not appear in a genuine solo2 has a sticker on it that says 'Vu Solo 2' (someone has wrote a 2 on it in pen!). Some of the photos I've seen of the clone had a different sticker on the chip, that said something like X-Card in blue. Does anyone who's update worked know if their chip has the vu solo2 or x-card sticker on it? I'm thinking its tried to update the different chip and haas messed up mine.

It would be good if people who are having problems open up their boxes, take a look and post here.

Mine definitely has a printed sticker with x-card written on it.

However on the bottom of the circuit board it had a manufacture date of Nov 2013. The extra chip that does not appear in a genuine solo2 has a sticker on it that says 'Vu Solo 2' (someone has wrote a 2 on it in pen!). Some of the photos I've seen of the clone had a different sticker on the chip, that said something like X-Card in blue. Does anyone who's update worked know if their chip has the vu solo2 or x-card sticker on it? I'm thinking its tried to update the different chip and haas messed up mine.
I have one with a Vu solo sticker on it with what looks like a pen-written 2 as well.

7bc3f617b65028cab71702cf168cb206.png

My box with same issues is been bought in the middle of november.
I solved the issues as previously described

After leaving it plugged out for a while, my box is now showing the bootlogo while it's hanging at "Starting.." again. Woohoo!

You've given me some hope! Is there nobody on the forum that lives in the north east?? I'll pay if you can let me use your PC to fix my box.

Why don't you pay the postage and post it to someone.I would be happy to sort it for you.

Why don't you pay the postage and post it to someone.I would be happy to sort it for you.

Thanks for the offer AJT, I'll keep you in mind. I've found a friend that has an old tower PC stashed away. I'm hopefull that it still works and will have a real serial port. I'm just waiting for him to wake up so I can go and give it another try. If that doesn't work I might take you up on that offer as I've got nothing to lose!

Some where on net found the link . the user who posted the link claims it has the SOLO2 Update Tool and Instruction . according to him its new version for X card v 3 chip to accept original images . I m posting here the link just for the information and helping the forum members if its helpful then it would be so nice .

SOLO2 Update Tool and Instruction (New Version)

Some where on net found the link . the user who posted the link claims it has the SOLO2 Update Tool and Instruction . according to him its new version for X card v 3 chip to accept original images . I m posting here the link just for the information and helping the forum members if its helpful then it would be so nice .

SOLO2 Update Tool and Instruction (New Version)

Hi mate i have just checked out your upload..Checked it against the set i used and its identical..same as what we already have. But it maybe worth others who are having problems trying this just to rule out corruption etc..but i have put them side by side and identical mate.

Here's an update on my bricked box. My mates PC didn't have a real serial port so i tried the USB adapter on his machine and got the same result. Since I've got home I've tried the update again and now when I plug in the RS232 nothing come's up on the VDU, until I unplug it and then I get the 'Starting...' message. So I can't even try the update as it never shows the starting download message in the command prompt window :grim:

Here's an update on my bricked box. My mates PC didn't have a real serial port so i tried the USB adapter on his machine and got the same result. Since I've got home I've tried the update again and now when I plug in the RS232 nothing come's up on the VDU, until I unplug it and then I get the 'Starting...' message. So I can't even try the update as it never shows the starting download message in the command prompt window :grim:

Connect box to computer with it on and see if box shows in your device manager..it may show for a few seconds then disappear.with it connected turn box on and off see if it shows in device manager..if you are using USB serial adapter and nothing at all shows in device manager no matter what you do then it's a driver install that's required.just writing what's in my head mate...it's what I would try first.

Connect box to computer with it on and see if box shows in your device manager..it may show for a few seconds then disappear.with it connected turn box on and off see if it shows in device manager..if you are using USB serial adapter and nothing at all shows in device manager no matter what you do then it's a driver install that's required.just writing what's in my head mate...it's what I would try first.

Are you talking about the driver for the USB adapter? Because that is shown in the device manager the Solo2 has never shown as far as I know.

Because that is shown in the device manager the Solo2 has never shown as far as I know.
It's impossible for COM-connected devices to appear in device manager without additional drivers. So maybe that's not what he means?

yes about that a bit like adb and preloader drivers for android.as you say as you are using com port 1 it should show in device manager when you turn on a connected box.if it aint showing then its a driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back