Scotland doesn't want to be part of the UK?

I'm glad I don't seem to have pissed anyone off. Maybe I should have posted this in the rant room.

I agree with a lot of the points posted here and it has been good to see people's views.

I'm glad I don't seem to have pissed anyone off. Maybe I should have posted this in the rant room.

I agree with a lot of the points posted here and it has been good to see people's views.

Ya feking drunkin bum lol.

I'm sure another Scottish independence referendum will be upcoming.

I hope so , and if it's a yes THEN we as a Scottish nation can stand or fall by our own decisions. I just hope the no camp play fair next time the threats of doom might have worked first time round with the cowards that voted no but seeing this tory government in work with no restraint this term has to be the ugliest thing i've seen. edited Thatcher would be proud of the poverty and dismay they have caused .

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it quite difficult to engage in the whole Scottish independence debate due to my real lack of understanding politics.
Maybe it would be a good idea to produce a list with the pros and cons for both country's.
All I can say is that it will most probably cost tax payers a lot of money and a whole lot of hassles for both country's..will the scots reinstall a monarchy I wonder..would it make any difference to the lives of ordinary English and scots would they benefit or would they suffer?..Just to maintain the status quo I think things should just stay the way they are but I guess many scots would relish thier independence..

I find it quite difficult to engage in the whole Scottish independence debate due to my real lack of understanding politics.
Maybe it would be a good idea to produce a list with the pros and cons for both country's.
All I can say is that it will most probably cost tax payers a lot of money and a whole lot of hassles for both country's..will the scots reinstall a monarchy I wonder..would it make any difference to the lives of ordinary English and scots would they benefit or would they suffer?..Just to maintain the status quo I think things should just stay the way they are but I guess many scots would relish thier independence..

Indeed they would, and even more wouldn't as per the majority saying NO in the referendum, a slight inconvenience the yes campaign seem to forget, we will not be visiting this subject again anytime soon, thank f***.

The snp have already said they will hold another one we don't need Westminster's permission.

As long as you take back that Andy Murray coont and fecking Rod Stewart, and also Tom Jones ( Yeah I know he's a Welsh fecker but we've had him long enough)

pmfsl :)

As long as you take back that Andy Murray coont and fecking Rod Stewart, and also Tom Jones ( Yeah I know he's a Welsh fecker but we've had him long enough)

pmfsl :)

if you promise to keep Simon Cowell off oor Scottish screens its a done deal lol

The snp have already said they will hold another one we don't need Westminster's permission.

You have mentioned permission twice now? No one said the snp need permission. Also I seem to recall the snp saying that the vote would be once in a generation.

You have mentioned permission twice now? No one said the snp need permission. Also I seem to recall the snp saying that the vote would be once in a generation.

We have changed our minds. The lies the no camp spread. The lies we knew were lies but the no voters bought into have been shown to be lies . Things are changing we are gathering more momentum as slowly the no voters are seeing their mistake

I am Scottish, and proud of it, although I no longer live in Scotland. Couldn't stand the weather lol!!

To be honest, I was quite surprised at the result of the referendum last year. (quick year!). Very few people I know admitted to voting to keep the union and although not a scientific survey by any means, I am talking about quite a reasonably wide spectrum of 'walks of life'.
For months before the referendum, I was actually quite glad I didn't have to choose. (Non-resident = no vote). BUT once I started hearing the tide of sh*te coming from Westminster- the lies, the un-keepable promises, the blatantly biassed reporting by the Tories media puppets (ESPECIALLY the BBC), I found myself firmly in the independence camp. OK, all of the above may be everyday occurrences in politics but it did underline London's desperation to keep the union intact. So desperate in fact that to this day I still doubt the authenticity of the result.

The SNP will keep repeating the referendum until they get the result they want. That is the reason I have always opposed referendums in principle, because they just turn into a tool for politicians to justify making some irreversible decision. It is a government, be it UK or Scottish, which calls a referendum, but only ever when it thinks it can win. The SNP sees referendums as a one-way street to independence, with no possibility of ever turning back.

Would the SNP ever give the Scottish people the chance to choose less devolution in a referendum? No.

If Scotland becomes independent, would the SNP ever call a referendum to rejoin the UK. I doubt it.

In a true democracy, every option should be available, including reversing a previous decision, otherwise a referendum is just a means to achieve and enforce the policy of the party which calls it.

Why should there be another Independence Referendum ?
There has already been a vote to stay as part of the Union !!
As for the "We didn't vote for this Government" argument, nor did the majority of the British public !!!
In truth the only thing people are really fed up with are the Politicians !!
The SNP are being carried away by the General Election results because they have assumed that it means everyone who has voted for them agrees with every word of their Political Platform.......................WRONG !!
People in Scotland obviously want more responsibility of the way the Country is run, but they have also voted to say they also still want to be part of a stronger combined Union.
That is why there is such a media uproar about Jeremy Corbyn, the rich and privileged are afraid that the ordinary man on the street is about to be given a voice again.
Many people will not agree with some of Corbyn's more extreme views but they do believe in fair treatment for the ordinary working man, and Corbyn is one of the few politicians who has been prepared to stand up and voice his concerns for ordinary working class people.
Corbyn has announced John McDonnell as his Shadow Chancellor who was once asked if he could go back in time and change things what would he do........his reply was "Assassinate Margaret Thatcher".
It wasn't just Scotland that was shafted by Thatcher.

I have messed up big time now work are sending me in to the lions den. I will be passing the boarder for a week this Monday. And touring a little, Glasgow Edinburgh and Aberdeen .

It will be better when we are separate I don't have a valid passport so I can't leave the country.

I don't want to be separate FYI just in case my rants seemed that way. Just pissed off as I may have mentioned .

I have messed up big time now work are sending me in to the lions den. I will be passing the boarder for a week this Monday. And touring a little, Glasgow Edinburgh and Aberdeen .

It will be better when we are separate I don't have a valid passport so I can't leave the country.

I don't want to be separate FYI just in case my rants seemed that way. Just pissed off as I may have mentioned .

where are you working?

Back