Scotland doesn't want to be part of the UK?

rawsy

DW F1 Champ 2010, 14, 19, 20 and 22
VIP Member
Reaction score
SNP manifesto to reveal possible second referendum timetable - BBC News

As a British citizen I'm getting pissed of with "Scotland " not wanting to be British . I would like to propose that the rest of the UK have a vote to exclude Scotland from being part of the UK . I'm sure this will piss some people off but I am just posting my thoughts on being pissed off.

I would like to add I have Scottish blood running through my veins but consider myself British (but in the English part of Britain ) and without getting too political am getting pissed off.

But if I were to be a politician to put this to a vote would I be racist? Or nationalist?

I have had some beer and probably shouldn't post this or maybe I am missing something but I don't like this. I don't want to split up the UK but this is bullshit. I may be missing something but when the union started the last time (with Scotland again) Scotland were happy for it? For monetary reasons? Or lack of. I am asking for educational reasons as well as curiosity on other peoples views.

And I do find it ironic that the Scottish first minister who's main party line is anti austerity wants to open boarders for as many refugees as is needed . Where does this money come from I ask? Politics pisses me off but we are together or not and I'm pissed off with this dance!!!

Maybe it's me missing something , propaganda or me being pissed but I can't be the only person feeling this way ?

Going by the time of your post and the grammar of your headline, I'm going to take a guess and say you where pished when you done it :Laugh:, nowt wrong with that btw, but I just go to my scratch when the room starts spinning.;)

Scots don't want to be part of the UK for one simple reason....
Conservative government, Maggie Thatcher in particular

Conservative mp's are as rare as rocking horse shit in Scotland, but for most of my life we have been governed by the tories.

disclaimer:
I also had a bucket full last night, most of which is still swishing through my veins, so no hard feelings ...

I'm off to eat last nights kebab :)

Yeah Kilties, get tae fook :Moon:

lol

...Maggie Thatcher in particular

That's the bottom line really. I don't think I'd be voting for independence if I still lived in Scotland, but I can understand the repugnace for the Tories after Thatcher's attempts to **** Scotland in the ****. :BUMMER:

The destruction of the Tory Party in Scotland is her legacy north of the border.

Has nothing changed since Maggie ?
That was a long time ago :)

It has, all for the better.
001_smile.gif

Not long enough. We have long memories and the scars run deep.

SNP manifesto to reveal possible second referendum timetable - BBC News

As a British citizen I'm getting pissed of with "Scotland " not wanting to be British . I would like to propose that the rest of the UK have a vote to exclude Scotland from being part of the UK . I'm sure this will piss some people off but I am just posting my thoughts on being pissed off.

I would like to add I have Scottish blood running through my veins but consider myself British (but in the English part of Britain ) and without getting too political am getting pissed off.

But if I were to be a politician to put this to a vote would I be racist? Or nationalist?

I have had some beer and probably shouldn't post this or maybe I am missing something but I don't like this. I don't want to split up the UK but this is bullshit. I may be missing something but when the union started the last time (with Scotland again) Scotland were happy for it? For monetary reasons? Or lack of. I am asking for educational reasons as well as curiosity on other peoples views.

And I do find it ironic that the Scottish first minister who's main party line is anti austerity wants to open boarders for as many refugees as is needed . Where does this money come from I ask? Politics pisses me off but we are together or not and I'm pissed off with this dance!!!

Most progressive leftie politicians have bought into the idea that all of these "migrants" are engineers, doctors and skilled people who want to contribute. The other oft-touted excuse is that we have an aging population so someone needs to pay into the pension but again, this assumes they become net contributors.

The architects of the EU like immigration as it does its bit to dilute national identities, making creating a superstate easier.

in maggies day we were governed by a government we didn't vote for..
today we are governed by a government we didn't vote for...

But you are part of the UK/GB so you are governed by the majority of voters just like England are ?

Im not happy with who is in either but I dont want to split with anyone, because we are a United Kingdom and a Great Britain

:)Not wanting to create an argument but a healthy debate maybe :)

But you are part of the UK/GB so you are governed by the majority of voters just like England are ?
this is problem, vast majority of voters are in England
If you look at national election results, there is a clear diffrence in results between Scotland and England.

debate is good, we all have our own opinions :)

we certainly do have our own opinions
blood still boils & scars run deep enough said by me lol

would have been better of with independance before we got destroyed by that lot

today we are governed by a government we didn't vote for...

By voting a majority yes in the in/out referendum, surely that's a vote for the incumbent government?

My own personal opinion... I don't think it's right tofs in Westminster making decisions so far over the border. Scottish people should be able to choose who they want to govern them and that's what the referendum was about. It might not have been the what some people wanted but that's what a majority vote and politics is all about unforunately

By voting a majority yes in the in/out referendum, surely that's a vote for the incumbent government?

this is the strange part, the majority voted no in the referendum and also voted for the SNP in general election..
can't get my head round that lol

My own personal opinion... I don't think it's right tofs in Westminster making decisions so far over the border. Scottish people should be able to choose who they want to govern them and that's what the referendum was about. It might not have been the what some people wanted but that's what a majority vote and politics is all about unforunately

Also, it should not be possible for Scottish people to vote on laws that only affect England.

Yea. Lets leave the UK. Britain ain't a country it's a collection of countries. I'm proud to be a Scottish nationalist. I've not problems with the majority of English people but you need to understand WE don't need your permission to leave we are a nation not a province. You keep voting Tory well that's up to you to destroy your country but why should we stand back and let you plunder ours to pay for your mistakes

Last edited:
Buzzer quote:- Conservative mp's are as rare as rocking horse shit in Scotland, but for most of my life we have been governed by the tories.

Scottish Lib dem and Labour MPs are almost as extinct as the Scottish Tories in the last election. Talking of not getting the government you want, the Tories got 37% of the votes in the last election. Only 66% percent of those eligible to vote actually voted. 66% of 37% is only 24.4%. Therefore less than 1 in 4 of the electorate acually voted for this current Tory government. That's first past the post democracy for you. Ukip got 12.6% of the vote and only one MP. Libdems got 8% of the vote and just 8 MPs. SNP got 4.7% of the vote and got a massive 56 MPs. Some democracy.

Yea. Lets leave the UK. Britain ain't a country it's a collection of countries. I'm proud to be a Scottish nationalist. I've not problems with the majority of English people but you need to understand WE don't need your permission to leave we are a nation not a province. You keep voting Tory well that's up to you to destroy your country but why should we stand back and let you plunder ours to pay for your mistakes

I'm sure another Scottish independence referendum will be upcoming.

I think Hadrians wall needs to be rebuilt and then electrified especially to keep that sass @Bronto out lol.

Nah only kidding I'm a proud Scot who recognises democracy so I'm happy to be part of the union. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back