Help choosing a washing machine from JL?

mobad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Has any got any experience or/and can recommend me a good free standing washing machine from the following few -

AEG L98699FL Freestanding Washing Machine, 9kg Load, A+++ Energy Rating, 1600rpm Spin, White

Samsung WW90H7410EW Freestanding Washing Machine, 9kg Load, A+++ Energy Rating, 1400rpm Spin, White

LG F14A7FDSA TrueSteam™ Freestanding Washing Machine, 9kg Load, A+++ Energy Rating, 1400rpm Spin, White

I basically have £700 of John Lewis credit to replace my current faulty one and the above all seem pretty decent, however open to any other suggestions!

Thanks

I would go for the AEG if I was you. 1600 rpm is a damn good spin. We have the 1400 and we find that we have to double spin sometimes. It has some great reviews the Aeg machine. Check it out mate.
AEG

Don't just leave it at that Mr luke any particular reason as to why you choose that model?. mobad would like opinions on the subject yours unfortunately is lacking information. :)

Don't just leave it at that Mr luke any particular reason as to why you choose that model?. mobad would like opinions on the subject yours unfortunately is lacking information. :)

Indeed!

I also decided to put the Miele WKB 120 Freestanding Washing Machine, 8kg Load, A+++ Energy Rating, 1600rpm Spin, White into the mix -
Buy Miele WKB 120 Freestanding Washing Machine, 8kg Load, A+++ Energy Rating, 1600rpm Spin, White | John Lewis

It seems there is nothing that compared to a miele but the sacrifice would be a 9kg drum to an 8kg...

Indeed!

I also decided to put the Miele WKB 120 Freestanding Washing Machine, 8kg Load, A+++ Energy Rating, 1600rpm Spin, White into the mix -
Buy Miele WKB 120 Freestanding Washing Machine, 8kg Load, A+++ Energy Rating, 1600rpm Spin, White | John Lewis

It seems there is nothing that compared to a miele but the sacrifice would be a 9kg drum to an 8kg...

That should keep your good Lady happy. She can cram a shed load of washing in it. Another good machine. Decision time now. :)

Boys!!!!!!!!!! Its a washing machine!!!!it goes in the kitchen with the other white goodiiiiiwomens stuff that is!!!!why are you boys discussing such items.

Oh by the way miele was a good choice mate.

Miele like their hoovers are fantastic :)

Mick

Boys!!!!!!!!!! Its a washing machine!!!!it goes in the kitchen with the other white goodiiiiiwomens stuff that is!!!!why are you boys discussing such items.

Oh by the way miele was a good choice mate.

Well it usually us paying for them lol

Miele always seemed well made when I used to deliver them. That was a while ago though .I know it's not on your list but my Bosch washer is about 13 years old now at least and has only ever needed some new brushes. If mine blows up I'll defiantly go Bosch again.

We had an LG washer for years, top machine, we now have a new Samsung eco bubble, her indoors says it does the best wash ever using only half the washing liquid, I can't tell the feckin difference except it plays a little jingle when it's finished lol

Just thrown another one as well into mix -

Miele WMG 120 -
URL not supported

£400 more or £300 with cash back

It has an auto dose system which is suppose to automatically add the right type of detergent or softener from a 3 months supply container which can be filled up with your choices. Not sure if that in the long run will save money or a gimic?

Wots wrong with cars bikes skijet
Washing machines is women's stuff

Just thrown another one as well into mix -

Miele WMG 120 -
URL not supported

£400 more or £300 with cash back

It has an auto dose system which is suppose to automatically add the right type of detergent or softener from a 3 months supply container which can be filled up with your choices. Not sure if that in the long run will save money or a gimic?

Unfortunately @mobad, washing machines and other white good products have become more complexed. 400.00 more for a washing machine that adds the correct washing powder? is just not practical. What's wrong will throwing a tablet in a drum in a cheaper washing machine?, or filling the washing draw up to the measured dose line in your washer?. I am pretty sure your good Lady can handle the old style methods after all it has worked for generations. Try to leave modern technology alone if possible because it will cost a small fortune if anything breaks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need my clothes clean and to keep the misses happy it requires a purpose fit washing machine :p

Unfortunately @mobad, washing machines and other white good products have become more complexed. 400.00 more for a washing machine that adds the correct washing powder? is just not practical. What's wrong will throwing a tablet in a drum in a cheaper washing machine?, or filling the washing draw up to the measured dose line in your washer?. I am pretty sure your good Lady can handle the old style methods after all it has worked for generations. Try to leave modern technology alone if possible because it will cost a small fortune if anything breaks.

Agreed however Miele are known to last for many years and come with a 5 year warranty or additional 3 years (8) for an extra £149, as long as purchased within the 5 years warranty

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed however Miele are known to last for many years and come with a 5 year warranty or additional 3 years (8) for an extra £149, as long as purchased within the 5 years warranty

It really is a difficult question to answer mate Miele are a good machine but things can and will break so as stated cover your own back and take that warranty out whether its the cheaper version washing machine or the dear one. Good luck with whatever you and your good Lady decide and I/us members on Digitalworldz sincerely hope it gives you many years of happy washing.

Feck me. My missus just wanted a black one lol

Went on argos and got the cheapest one.
Happy as Larry.

Back