Any advice on this washing machine?

Gunner786

Inactive User
Reaction score
Old hoover's bearings have gone after 7 years and now hav shopped around after being told its not worth repairing. Looking for 8kg load with a budget of upto £500 including warranty. This one fits the bill as its £588 with £100 cashback and 2 years warranty from john lewis. What do u guys think is it worth buying or any alternatives? Dne my research and bosch do seem the best in this price range. Bosch Logixx WAS32461GB
Washing Machine, 8kg Load, A+
++ Energy Rating, 1600rpm
Spin, White

Last edited:
have you had a look on comets auction site m8?
Deals on Washing Machines, Dishwashers, Tumble Dryers | Comet Auctions

you can sometuimes get a good deal on there,
they also have scatch and dent centres, i know there is one in glasgow, dunno about your area.

washing machines dent real easy, lets be honest, no-one would notice a small dent on the side of a machine if its fitted in a kitchen...

Can't beat Lewis's for their guarantees, i got a 5 year no quibble on my Sony telly at no extra cost. For the few extra quid, it's sometimes worth it for the reassurance u get from face to face in a proper department store.

I had a bosch for years and bought one for my parents. Very good machines (though the cheaper ones are now made in poland I think) and consistently do well in which magazine.

it maybe stretching your budget a bit but i would consider Meile as well. They are built solid!!!
I think you can pick one up for £650 and they have a 10 years parts + labour warranty on them right now.

That extra 150 is well worth it for the 10 year peace of mind.

How often do you use the machine as well that comes into the equation, and do u live in a hard water area etc etc etc that can take its toll on machines

My advice is dont bother with insurance policy when you get an appliance like a washing machine, because the ****ers hate paying out on them. What you get is some guy calling around your house every other day because you've flooded your kitchen every other day due to the repair man they send being shit.. with brains. He likes to return to your house every other day, so he can collect his money from the insurance firm rather than you getting what you should have a new washing machine... conning bastards.. I mopped the floor every other day, and had the misses moaning every other day while she was on the phone every other day....ending up going to the local laundrette every other day. cost me a ****in fortune in phone calls, laundrette bills and the orignal insurance policy set me back around £250 along with me getting pissed off and eventually buying a new washing machine for £299... ****in capitalism at its best... I think it wont be long before trading standards will have us all claiming the costs back for these policy's that they sell because just like PPI they are not worth a wank... (winge over)

Me too gunner seven of us here hence me being well miffed in previous post as i re-visited the nightmare that was ..... "My washing machine died on me". At all good cinemas although its a comedy now that I look back rather than a horror as it was at the time..Truth though I will never buy them additional policy's you get from comet when buying electrical items..

i got a one of these ;-

LG F1403RD PRIME Washer Dryer in White, 1400rpm 9kg/6kg DD

bang on m8 , quite , takes a shitload of washing in one go with a 9kg tub , timer to set at night ,quick 30min washes built in dryer so the rad's round the house dont get piled up.
i've three kids 11-16 and we can do 2 washes in one so in the end it saves on money .
I got mine for £500 shopping around and using quidco to get £50 off.

Dont you guys find it better with a washing machine + a tumble dryer, you can get twice as much washing done.

Back