Any update on Sly card pairing?

I dont know why people say, " If Sly goes its ok, plenty morefor the hobbiest to use!)

If Sly succesfully end CS for their system expect all the others to follow suit, they will see the success of Sly ending CS and act on the same for their systems.

And for those who say it woulnt be worth the cost of changing equipment etc, perhaps these are the same people who said the Sly Equipment was to old and could use these updates and the cost would be to much etc etc.

But there is quite a lot of FTA stuff,and there is no reason to think they would go down the encryption route all of a sudden

But there is quite a lot of FTA stuff,and there is no reason to think they would go down the encryption route all of a sudden

and plus all the fta stuff, with motor setup, there's a good few channels opening with biss keys, + feeds of all descriptions.

even if 28.2e cs does stop one day, it's not the end of the world, not everyone is going to follow sly, there's still life in this ol' hobby of ours yet... so much doom and gloom lads, bollox to sly and look on the bright side, nothing ever was guaranteed was it ;)

If there is I must be looking in the wrong place.

Just installed a 1.1 Mtr Triax fixed and have set it up for 28e, 23.5e, 19e and 13e. Good amount of English Language stuff out there but its all subscription, very few FTA stuff that I can see.

There's never fook all decent on sly anyway ! They have been fleecing me for years just so I can watch football, lets face it a lot of us found this hobby through chasing the 3pms etc and all of that will still be available even if sly close off the UK. It will just force everything back underground and let's face it once that happens then at least it's in safer hands.

Gotta agree there! The only reason I even know what card sharing is, is because of wanting to watch more footie than sly show. Even if cards couldn't be shared I wish they'd always work in 3rd party receivers I much prefer using my dreambox than my slybox.

I have an entitlements until 3 aug and one for the 16th. Does anyone know which entitlements decrypts what?

it really makes me laugh . some so bizzare comments..
im sure no one wants to loose anything!!!!!!
be it 28.2 .. 23.5 13e..
if ya not interested in sat tellie.. just go fishing or read a book.....

the majority of 'hobbyists' dont actually care whats on the telly, theyll only watch either Sci-fi or fantasy type series shows and films, and then theyll download them within a few hours of their first showing anywhere in the world

they do it, because they can, not because they NEED their free TV channels

the majority of 'hobbyists' dont actually care whats on the telly, theyll only watch either Sci-fi or fantasy type series shows and films, and then theyll download them within a few hours of their first showing anywhere in the world

they do it, because they can, not because they NEED their free TV channels

reminds me back in the day with OnDigi, it was the thrill of getting Seasons Interface to work and decode channels than to watch any programs lol

seeing it decode for the first time was a pretty good feeling! lol for me anyway

on other news, rumours have it sly are sending new cards out in august 2013, anyone hear the same?
:)

reminds me back in the day with OnDigi, it was the thrill of getting Seasons Interface to work and decode channels than to watch any programs lol

seeing it decode for the first time was a pretty good feeling! lol for me anyway

on other news, rumours have it sly are sending new cards out in august 2013, anyone hear the same?
:)

Im with you there mate.

Voyager Interface and videocrypt any one ?

Nah then lad them wa days lol

a bit off topic , but have a motor dish and many years back!!
i had to ring a auto-answer phone in southend on sea .. to get the codes for the then tv1000 , it was aweful one day the guy had this coagh!!!couldnt understand what he was saying.. to tap in the codes

Not had any letters or emails but decided to pair my card to a Thomson box, within minutes my entitlements changed from July to August so hopefully will be able to pump it round the house for a while longer.

looks like its the only way now

I was looking at a Sly+ HD box today, and noticed in the Services>Info menu that the electronic serial number now has a letter 'D' suffix after the ten digits. Does this mean a legit Sly card won't be able to pair with, say a TM5402?

I was looking at a Sly+ HD box today, and noticed in the Services>Info menu that the electronic serial number now has a letter 'D' suffix after the ten digits. Does this mean a legit Sly card won't be able to pair with, say a TM5402?

They where never paired you could just use your card in a 3rd party box by either using oscam or cccam with the box id. The new software update from sly stops you using the card in 3rd party boxs like your tm.

Beggar! :CRYBABY: Understandable though, I s'pose.....

They where never paired you could just use your card in a 3rd party box by either using oscam or cccam with the box id. The new software update from sly stops you using the card in 3rd party boxs like your tm.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats me all paired up with my friend thomson, so what do we do now in regard to these letters, is it ok to reply to it and give version numbers and so on, pm me if it shouldnt be on forum, thanks.

oscam dead for me sadly

thomson box route i think

Is thomson the only box that cant take the new chipset pairing and how long before Sky upgrades every1 to their new Skyhd boxes that cant be used for Cs?

Back