Any update on Sly card pairing?

I remeber the same thing being said about cable and look what happened it took around 2 years but they finally switched to N3 and yes i jnow this is shared but is the Information out there for Joe public to get hold of not a chance, This is now happeneing with $ly and no magical Software like Oscam can break a hardware encrypted ID sytem as to what is happening now and which is precisely why nearly 2 years ago they decided to take the Thomson HD box out of the loop as they discovered it could be Jtagged to recover the hardware pairing ID and are now in full swap out mode for getting these out of the loop so to speak.

Like anyone i have no idea how long this will take and it appears that the Hardware ID paring is being done on phases to minimise disruption to all its customers, So until you get a letter /email etc.. asking you to do the update then yes take a chill pill but lets not bury our head in the sands and think some Great software writing team will overcome this, Logs have been sent and still are from people who have had the update and still no fix fair play to the Oscam boys for giving it a go but dont hold your breath

Have the oscam team said its being looked at? I could see nds either employing them or doing something underhanded. As said its a hardware pair, I think the boxes themselves will need reverse engineering before they reveal any secrets and I don't imagine that'll be an easy task.

I remeber the same thing being said about cable and look what happened it took around 2 years but they finally switched to N3 and yes i jnow this is shared but is the Information out there for Joe public to get hold of not a chance, This is now happeneing with $ly and no magical Software like Oscam can break a hardware encrypted ID sytem as to what is happening now and which is precisely why nearly 2 years ago they decided to take the Thomson HD box out of the loop as they discovered it could be Jtagged to recover the hardware pairing ID and are now in full swap out mode for getting these out of the loop so to speak.

Like anyone i have no idea how long this will take and it appears that the Hardware ID paring is being done on phases to minimise disruption to all its customers, So until you get a letter /email etc.. asking you to do the update then yes take a chill pill but lets not bury our head in the sands and think some Great software writing team will overcome this, Logs have been sent and still are from people who have had the update and still no fix fair play to the Oscam boys for giving it a go but dont hold your breath

hello
digi247

for one the hole cable thing was domed before it start'd, for 1:they where directly liked to the provider and 2: they where using the provider for internet again directly liking them.
it was't the fact that they changed to n3 but the fact that they where able to track each persion doing it and put there hand on there sholder's combined with the change to there hard wear it was night night for cable and infact there are guys on other sites that have got past the n3 encryption months ago just for the hell of it and said peps said it was only to prove they could that it was to easy tracked.
im not saying i know everything im just saying iv seen this soo many times if i was paid evry time iv seen it i would be rich.
hope this helps

Have the oscam team said its being looked at? I could see nds either employing them or doing something underhanded. As said its a hardware pair, I think the boxes themselves will need reverse engineering before they reveal any secrets and I don't imagine that'll be an easy task.

hello
jamesyboyjim

thay have unofficially said to good customers that there all over it

hello
jamesyboyjim

thay have unofficially said to good customers that there all over it

Oscam team dont have customers,they are an open source concern,which also means that IF they did find a way to combat this,there is nothing stopping other parties changing their methods of blocking any thing they come up with,

Its cat and mouse and for most of the low cost pay TV brigade its curtains,no insult meant,but for the rest of us its a case of let the fun begin :)

Oscam team dont have customers,they are an open source concern,which also means that IF they did find a way to combat this,there is nothing stopping other parties changing their methods of blocking any thing they come up with,

Its cat and mouse and for most of the low cost pay TV brigade its curtains,no insult meant,but for the rest of us its a case of let the fun begin :)
hello
wizz

as you say they are open source but do work with servers for perfomace reports etc but again wizz how many times have you heard it been said that the end is near, if i was to have listened every time i would not be watching sky as would't be paying them and would have started nitting instaed, as you say for a hoodie let the fun begin :)

All i am saying is do not bury your head in the sand and expect a software coder to come up with a solution to a Hardware encrypted problem, lets put it this way to crack this someone will have to disassemble the hardware chip in laboratory conditions to hack this and that aint gonna happen.

And the only time i heard the end is near is when the official letter Came out for the hardware pairing ID and so far its not been cracked and that was 9 months ago

hello
wizz

as you say they are open source but do work with servers for perfomace reports etc but again wizz how many times have you heard it been said that the end is near, if i was to have listened every time i would not be watching sky as would't be paying them and would have started nitting instaed, as you say for a hoodie let the fun begin :)

Well if they work with servers personally then who's to say they dont work for sly,
and as said about hearing its over,I have only heard it the once from anybody I would take notice of,

If you really dont think this is the end then fine,thats your prerogative,I on the other hand do think its the end,but how fast it will all disappear is anybody's guess,

will I lose sleep over it,no :)

Well said Wiz ow can anyone get me a pair of those rose tinted glasses that slyboxhd appears to be wearing:excited:

I think it won't be the end until there is a new card change but I could be wrong. Whilst Thomson and SD receivers are still being used CS with this provider will continue and by the time they are replaced Sky will be due a new card change.

Its not the end yet but the count down has begun.

I think it won't be the end until there is a new card change but I could be wrong. Whilst Thomson and SD receivers are still being used CS with this provider will continue and by the time they are replaced Sky will be due a new card change.

Its not the end yet but the count down has begun.

I have had free cable/sly for almost 20 years now, so whatever happens there will always be something round the corner. The scaremongers come out every couple of years. If memory serves me correct I started out with my mate getting a telewest box in his bedroom for an extra £5 and giving it to me. When he booked Tyson pay per view fights I got it too. Then I got a chipped one, then it went digital and I got a chipped telewest box with card, then the big German box (dbox i think)was next, then eurovox, and now I have had a dreambox 500 for 3 years. I have sly go on my xbox with my mates sign on and I have a midnight box which gives me every football game I care to watch. My card share on dreambox comes from Ireland and he assures me that he will update my box and I will get bt sports in August as well. So roll on the next 20 years.

The Word 'Free' went out of the vocabulary in the sat hobby when payservers reared there ugly head and every tom dick & harry did a slight bit of reading and jimmy rigged a server up out of an old comp and now has 100's of punters paying £50 a year for a sub, dont get me wrong but what happened to 'Free'.

Sadly the good old days have gone and i have been into this since the 80's and seen the early inception of most broadcasters Filmnet,D2MAC and have through the years done ONdigital, Cable etc... but now we have people jumping on the bandwagon from every walk of life expecting a piece of the action that sadly has been raped beyond belief and completely ruined it for the hobbyist who gladly gave something for free in return got something for free.

When it does finally go and i agree with sakiblateef that if we do get a card charge earlier than what is expected then expect Black screens on everything on 28.2° instead of just a few premium channels and HD, Sadly most come onto forums and just read and think everything is AOK but if you read around channels and packages are slowly disappearing from other satellites and have become as what is known as 'Unsharable'. Dont get me wrong there is still plenty out there if you look and channels/packages start on a regular basis but popular ones are changing encryption slowly but surely.

As said if they do bring the card change forward and its Due next year expect the next level of NDS which at present cannot be circumvented in any way shape or form

I started out with my mate getting a telewest box in his bedroom for an extra £5 and giving it to me. When he booked Tyson pay per view fights I got it too. .

my sisters still do this and been doing it for 15+ years an splitting the bill between 3, which is what ill be doing when it goes tits up

for as long as the existing 'legacy' receivers and their existing cards are in use, CS will exist, even if only in SD form. while its possible (for now) to get HD back on cards that have been 'updated' (DONT!! PM me asking how, as i wont reply) this wont last for ever, and will probably only last about 48 hours after a 'how to' gets leaked online

the people to thank for all of this are the greedy payservers, and the greedy people who want a years worth of sly @ £50, as untill all of this exploded, card SHARING was a niche hobby that was left alone in the background as the majority of those doing it, were sharing their card for access to another

any fixes will be driven underground, and the longer they stay there, the better imo

for as long as the existing 'legacy' receivers and their existing cards are in use, CS will exist, even if only in SD form. while its possible (for now) to get HD back on cards that have been 'updated' (DONT!! PM me asking how, as i wont reply) this wont last for ever, and will probably only last about 48 hours after a 'how to' gets leaked online

the people to thank for all of this are the greedy payservers, and the greedy people who want a years worth of sly @ £50, as untill all of this exploded, card SHARING was a niche hobby that was left alone in the background as the majority of those doing it, were sharing their card for access to another

any fixes will be driven underground, and the longer they stay there, the better imo

Hi digidude, you're probably going to berate me for this, but here goes anyway!

There are a lot more so called "hobbyists" than you think out there sharing their cards with friends and families that have been provided the required receivers and C lines by our "hobbyists" who are probably watching Sly tv for FREE as we speak. I don't particularly like payservers myself, but I wish that the "hobbyists" would stop banging on how payservers have ruined their hobby when they aren't whiter than white themselves.

I personally like to watch foreign satellite tv, especially Italian as I speak the lingo. I would be more than happy to purchase a legimate Sky Italia package, but guess what, it is not possible as I don't have an Italian bank account and there still geographical restrictions on sale of foreign tv packages across Europeeven after the Portsmouth landlady won her case last year for showing premiership footie using a Nova Greece card puchased legally.
What is one supposed to do? you can't fight Murdoch or the premiership big knobs as they hold all cards( excuse the pan) so you look at other alternatives.

Hi digidude, you're probably going to berate me for this, but here goes anyway!

There are a lot more so called "hobbyists" than you think out there sharing their cards with friends and families that have been provided the required receivers and C lines by our "hobbyists" who are probably watching Sly tv for FREE as we speak. I don't particularly like payservers myself, but I wish that the "hobbyists" would stop banging on how payservers have ruined their hobby when they aren't whiter than white themselves.

I personally like to watch foreign satellite tv, especially Italian as I speak the lingo. I would be more than happy to purchase a legimate Sky Italia package, but guess what, it is not possible as I don't have an Italian bank account and there still geographical restrictions on sale of foreign tv packages across Europeeven after the Portsmouth landlady won her case last year for showing premiership footie using a Nova Greece card puchased legally.
What is one supposed to do? you can't fight Murdoch or the premiership big knobs as they hold all cards( excuse the pan) so you look at other alternatives.

No one in the Hobby is whiter than white but generally the true hobbyist as you care to mention and you are correct are not all what they seem but these people have a legit sub and share with other people in different countries for there cards only no money changes hands, This was of course when it was underground so to speak and not as widespread as it is now with as i previously stated every Plug & Play numpty jumpy on the bandwagon.

We also need to define Hobbyist as some myself included could not give 2 hoots if this ended tomorrow i can and have done found plenty of FTA Movies,Sports including EPL general entertainment, Kids, Music etc... just by scanning satellites for feeds, True Hobbyists spend £1000's on the hobby and not just a £50 Open/Skybox and expect it to open everything for free and then be spoon fed right up until this thing is milked and bled dry to the end

I personally like to watch foreign satellite tv, especially Italian as I speak the lingo. I would be more than happy to purchase a legimate Sky Italia package, but guess what, it is not possible as I don't have an Italian bank account

and this was the original ethos behind 'card sharing', the general principal of it is in the name. you have a UK subscription, and you want access to an italian subscription, you would find a like minded person with an italian subscription, who wanted access to a UK subscription, and you would simply trade details for access to each others card, 1 for 1

yes, a lot of people get their own sky and 'subsidise' it by giving friends and family lines, but, these are not the ones with 1000 clients and openly charging £50 for a years access, its these last ones that have brought 'Control-word Selling' to the attention of providors, which unfortunatley kills off 'Card Sharing' as well

and this was the original ethos behind 'card sharing', the general principal of it is in the name. you have a UK subscription, and you want access to an italian subscription, you would find a like minded person with an italian subscription, who wanted access to a UK subscription, and you would simply trade details for access to each others card, 1 for 1

yes, a lot of people get their own sky and 'subsidise' it by giving friends and family lines, but, these are not the ones with 1000 clients and openly charging £50 for a years access, its these last ones that have brought 'Control-word Selling' to the attention of providors, which unfortunatley kills off 'Card Sharing' as well

So, are you suggesting that I subscribe to Sky uk and share my card with someone with a sky Italia card ?
I have lots Italian relatives, so If told them that they can buy an HD receiver for less than one hundred quid and I can "subsidise" Sky Italia package for FREE , you deem this to be ok and all above board?
Majority of payservers are scum, but providers have always looked to put an end to cardsharing, you only have to read about the number of Sky uk cards that are being killed off in the last few months when trying to update new entitlements in their non sky receivers!!

What planet are you on with this statement " Majority of payservers are Scum" they are all scum no two ways about it, Basically they read Card sharing forums most joined and asked for help on how to setup a server and then went about getting 100's of punters as they see it as an easy way of making money.

If you have relatives in Italy then why dont you educate them on how to share there subscription card for free to you and you in return share them back your English Sub and then everyones happy, Or if you want to do it the easy way just get a card from any of the online Retailers who sell legitimate Sky Italia subs and do it that way there are plenty about seeing as we are all part of the european union and so there is nothing stopping you having an official card and box in your own home without that slimy feeling you may be doing something illegal.

I dont know why people say, " If Sly goes its ok, plenty morefor the hobbiest to use!)

If Sly succesfully end CS for their system expect all the others to follow suit, they will see the success of Sly ending CS and act on the same for their systems.

And for those who say it woulnt be worth the cost of changing equipment etc, perhaps these are the same people who said the Sly Equipment was to old and could use these updates and the cost would be to much etc etc.

Back