I have a "lonrisun" or a "dragonworth" decoder????

elettr

Inactive User
Reaction score
Good evening

I write because I can not understand some things.
At the end of April I, and a friend of mine we bought on Aliexpress two decoder vu + SOLO2. The decoders have arrived there with the BH 2.0.9. After being updated on-line with the 2.0.9.1 one of my friend crashed while my no, because it was unplugged, and then restart it before I upgraded it with an older image. My friend has solved the problem by soldering the new flash SAMSUNG sent to us from the Chinese vendors. After 15 days, my friend bought a new decoder. A few days ago we wanted to update all three of our decoder with the BH 2.1. We then tried to update the decoder to V3, but only the last one arrived decoder has been updated perfectly. The other two have not been upgraded. So I spoke with the Chinese seller who told me that my decoder is a V1 and it is upgradeable to version V3. This thing, however, seems impossible to me, because I knew that the V1 did not have the problem of "time-bomb", and rode the BH 2.0.9, while our arrived with the BH2.0.9. So I would like to know from you, who are the experts, what kind of decoder have I! Has a "lonrisun" or if it is a "dragonworth"!
I am attaching a picture of the motherboard.

https://mega.co.nz/#!SR51xTrD!4S6qM3wfQZZIyX2WGtCbRGulvjT6hh_RPUXjqOC2ypQ

Can you make a picture fom a little bit more distance...but as far as i can see now u have a Dragon

Yes mate,it looks exactly the same as my dragon...You can do the update ive uploaded recently...BUT the Chinees told me not to make this update on boxes BEFORE 20 march..i dont know why...but if u want to make the risk and try...go ahead..

You've done the upgrade?? My decoder is concerned purchased after April 13. Your decoder has broken with the "time-bomb" on April 19? Why on the forum it says that the "dragonworth" not "suffering" of the "time-bomb", instead of what my friend (who is the same as mine) it is still locked? Where do you see that it is a "dragonworth"?

No elletr...This is the clone of my mate...It broke but didnt broke with timebomb but...just broke...like the genuine ones broke...The Chinese send me a chip..i solderd this,one time blackhole..and after that only "starting" and nothing i could do made change...I tryed every cable and every update we have on the forum but the box was not making connection...Till today i connect the box with the cable what came with the box and then it made the update...Also let me tell that ive firt tryed the other cables and none of them worked!But the dragon cable is different...

Verry...Verry long story short....I think ure box is dragon,cause it looks EXCATLY the same as the dragons i have here!..And if u cant make the Lonrisun V3 update then u have a Dragon..

But try this mate:

Download the update...Connect the box and the pc/laptop...start the Vu+ app you downloaded and installed...and now switch ure box "ON"...on the update app you MUST see that its becoming green and see some numbers like 1222 22111 or something like that...DONT PUSH ANY BUTTON...but this is the proof that ure pc/laptop has a connection with teh box and ure box is Dragon!!

Last edited:
Which update? What for "lonrisun" or the new one today for "dragonworth"? And with what program should I connect to the decoder? Should I use the "normal" program or is there another? And as cable, which ones should I use in the box, so that the pins connected: 2-1; 3-6; 5-5?

Elettr...please try to understand and do the steps one by one:

1.- First download this update and INSTALL it https://mega.co.nz/#!iJc1BaDR!dlhl4D1TKXeOmPRm2GjqDvSPaiEWLXtxgGXpWYpDC8A

2.- You will see a app that looks like this "V+"

3.- Start the app

4.-Now u connect the Box with the PC/Laptop AND use the cable that came with the Clone box!!

5.- Now u switch the box on and do nothing

6.- And RIGHT after u switched the box on you will see on the VU+ app some nummers and the windows have then GREEN colour,this means ure box is connected with pc/laptop and ure box is a Dragon

U can make the UPDATE by pushing the green button on the VU+ app but thats ure own risk

EDIT:And once again the CABLE that came with my dragon dont have "1" and "2" numbers on it!!

Ok, I understand the procedure. But the cable that came with my cable box has the inscription "1" on one side. You've checked the pinout of the cable, if it matches what you've written I? If I did the update, then what I would find myself in the decoder? There would be a new image, or should I install afterwards? Then I could also install the BH 2.1.0? You have it installed? P.S. sorry for my english, but I translate with "google". Thank you!

Yes,but even if u made the update u are NOT able to install BH2.1.0 because V3 dragon is only stable with BH2.0.9...There are some threats about it...Sorry bro...With the V3 update for the Dragon U can only use V2 images...And then the 1 miljon dollar question "why then do a V3 update for the Dragonworth?" I dont have a idea!Heres the text of my Chinese whom sold me a BRANDNEW V3 DragonWorth Solo2 clone:

> hello,friend
> and the solo 2,I am sure it is V3 box.
> but you may know the V3 box is just protect the box not dead again
> when flash the newest images.
> the bh2.0.9 still is the best images for the box.
> best regards

The new images dont work on this box,you can install it but dont work...Only BH2.0.9 works without a problem

Last edited:
But other images of the new BH 2.0.9, but not BH might work? Type the VTI, or other? However, with the 2.1.0, the decoder would block, or it could still be re-flashed with different images? Anyway thank you very much for your help, and tomorrow I'll let you know the developments of this story. Thank you again!

Elettr you can only get the new images work when you swap the drivers with older ones (V2)....Good luck mate,and please come back and let us know the outcome!

I tried to install the program, and I set the decoder after connecting it to the PC. On the PC screen displays the numbers "22-33-44", but the display on the receiver shows "hardware error"!! So my decoder is or is not a dragonworth "?

No youre box is Dragonworth...Otherwise ure box couldnt connect to the Vu tool!..Ure box doesnt make the V3 update...Is it bought before 20 March?

No it was purchased after April 13th! But how should I do to upgrade? The program is very difficult to understand, because written with strange characters.

Yes i am sorry,my Chinese gave it to me and i didnt received a translation of it...

So if the computer displays "11-22-33-44", but the display on the receiver it says "hardware error" means that it is not upgradeable? I could not have been wrong to push a few buttons?

If you see 11-22-33-44 then ure box has made the connection...And if u push the green button it should update...If not then i wouldnt know why...

YES!
Thank you @dirkjan73, this brought to life my brand new Solo2, which obviously seems to be a dragon. I bricked it with that blasted V3 update, the update didn't finish so I got "Hardware Error" on all recent but with safe drivers images, and got only "starting" on the older ones. It did not get fixed in the first try, and I tried all the combinations of the green buttons. Also different timings on pushing the <start?> button. I had a BlackHole image on the box from the dragon site, which did not work, I tried the Vu+ software a few times and nothing happend. Then I flashed it with OpenPLI (yours actually) and tried a few more times with the software, and up it went! I have no flashed it 2x with success! - My cable does not have 1 or 2 marked on it, but it has a sticker on one end with the writing DB 9PIN (1), I used that in the computer, maybe both ways work. The VU software showed 1122 3344 as soon as I turned the box on. It shows only 00 if I use my nullmodem cable.
I have another motherboard, few months older, that has the same symptoms, I thought that I would try this on that aswell, and the first few times, nothing happened, so I tried to flash it with VTI, the same image as I have on my working board now, and after restart I tried the VU software a few times more, and the VFD got blank, so I seem to have compleatly killed one motherboard with this, while fixing the other. But I'm quite happy with that. I think others with bricked boxes after the V3 update should try this. I will be trying to fix the dead motherboard as soon as the JTAG file is released.
1.jpg

Well done PM!!!I am verry happy for u that u have got ure unit back to live again;-)

And thank u verry mutch for the step by step method,and hopely we can help others whom got their boxes bricked!!
@pmadison i forget 2 important things,this update ONLY works on dragons AFTER 20 march,that way ure other one did not worked..And could u be kind and tell us whitch image of Pli you used to bring ure box back alive?This might help other ones

Last edited:
Back