zgemma image

seanieboyle

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi folks

loads of zgemma images here ,can anyone reccomend the bets one in there opinion

cheers in advance

Try them all out buddy. Some like openATV some like openVIX.
Plenty of skins out there.
I run openVIX with sly skin. Some other members rather have openATV.
Each to there own.

I started with an openvix image but I have since moved to the openatv image with sly q skin etc.
You can update the openatv without worrying about bricking your box.
For me its openatv at the moment :)

Have tried loads on mine and in my opinion it's open ATV all the way , just add your favourite plugins and files build your own image and back it up.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I started with an openvix image but I have since moved to the openatv image with sly q skin etc.
You can update the openatv without worrying about bricking your box.
For me its openatv at the moment :)
Hi Proz,
I am just about to get a zgemma with openatv image ( an image I have not been used to - normally used BH on my older ibox ).
1. Does the Q skin work well with openatv image ( any flaws,problems ) ?
2.If you have used BH image prior - how does it compare to openatv ?

Any feedback or info would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Hi Proz,
I am just about to get a zgemma with openatv image ( an image I have not been used to - normally used BH on my older ibox ).
1. Does the Q skin work well with openatv image ( any flaws,problems ) ?
2.If you have used BH image prior - how does it compare to openatv ?

Any feedback or info would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

The Q skin will work on OpenATV

If you want a Blackhole look then there is a Matrix HD skin that make it look and feel backhole isssh

Use openatv as all the plugins on openvix no longer work and its not supported,You can online update openatv

I'd rather have openVIX.
When my zgemma carries out autobouqets scan it doesn't flick over to radio station as openATV does.
Most plugins on openATV are hit and miss and "extreamly" long to load things.

Guys - this is now becoming a little confusing for me....
So lets see if I have got this right ( which is probably not the case ).
Openvix plugins do not work as it is not supported ( or do they?) - (although it is available from the zgemma official download site as an alternative image) ( Is it all of the plugins that don't work or just some of them ? ).
Openatv does work and is supported as it is the preinstalled image from Airdigital - however there are issues with the autobouqet plugin not working correctly?

Am I on the right path guys or have I lost the plot ? LOL !!

Cheers.

OpenVIX plugins will not work on zgemma boxes. This has only happened within this week.
OpenATV autobouqets does work. I just don't like it when your daily scan starts it flicks over to the radio. It only flicks over to the radio for a minute or so but will affect anything your recording or watching.
I never have that issue with OpenVIX.
Try both out mate.

There is a very popular build for the zgemma boxes (wooshman zgemma) google and it will help you with openatv im sure,Not used it myself

I should have the box on Monday so think I will play it safe and try the preinstalled openatv image first to see what it has to offer ( mainly as it seems that quite a few peeps are happy enough with it). I will then explore the other options if things don't work well enough for me.

I have only ever used blackhole image in the past so something new and fresh might be just what I need. LOL !

I really do appreciate your feedback and suggestions guys - nothing ventured /nothing gained I say.( just as long as it don't brick my box - LOL ).

Cheers

I tried the pre installed image but have a few issues so going to use a built one from here instead

Be great to know which one you try and how you get on mate......

Cheers
openATV is build in image mate.

You should try them all yourself as I mentioned in previous post.
Doesnt take long to do.
Try different skins out as well.

openATV is build in image mate.

You should try them all yourself as I mentioned in previous post.
Doesnt take long to do.
Try different skins out as well.

Hi river4ever
Many thanks for your comment,
I will certainly try different ones - I did say that I would be in an earlier post.

However, itsme12 mentioned that he had tried the preinstalled image which I know is openATV on the zgemma box and he also stated that he had had some issues with it. He also stated that he was gong to try "a built one from here instead".
I will of course see how the preinstalled image performs for me and then move to something different if I am not happy.

All I was asking was for some feedback from him (moving forward) on any different ones he will be trying and whether there was any improvements (does that not help everyone -especially newbies)...

I would certainly give feedback to anyone if it was deemed to be helpful.

Cheers.

Hi Guys
So I got my boxes today - 1x H.2s and 1x H.S
Have just configured the H.S box and its up and runnig with the preinstalled OpenATV 5.1 image.

Please bear in mind this is my very first encounter with OpenATV...

All went pretty much according to plan ( crossepg installed / autobouquet installed etc ) apart from when I tried to ftp the mgcamd 1.38 across - for some reason even after it says it was installed and I rebooted the box it would not show me it as an option to select or set it up.( managed to do it via TSpanel).

Oh, one other little gripe I have is the channel number display on the box front panel etc...
When I used Blackhiole images on my previous boxes the channel numbers displayed correctly ( as per sly number order ) this one shows the alternative channel number which is bit irritating - plus I couldn't find anywhere in the menus to set it how I like it ( unless I have missed something or it is not possible ).

So all in all everything running ok for me to assess and like or dislike....the other box is going to get a different image and skin so will see how it compares - phew - choices and more choices LOL !!

Cheers

OpenVIX plugins will not work on zgemma boxes. This has only happened within this week.
OpenATV autobouqets does work. I just don't like it when your daily scan starts it flicks over to the radio. It only flicks over to the radio for a minute or so but will affect anything your recording or watching.

Are you talking about AutoBouquets 28.2 or AutoBouquetsMaker?
Which channel (satellite or cable) were you on when the plugin was executed?

Back