ZGemma H4

jfish

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone got one, it a quad core .. thinking of trying it out

Just been checking these out again on eBay and the price is falling again. One seller even classes them as a "CLEARANCE PRODUCT WITH 3 MONTHS GUARANTY/WARRNTY"...his words not mine :)

You'd have thought that it would be the box to have, if your on VM, but there must be something fishy about them if they are proving so hard to shift?

Just been reading up on another forum and they say that the manufacturer has probably been using old, slower sat models that they can't sell any more and have replaced the sat tuner for this triple cable only one and put a sticker on the front door flap, rather than print directly onto the plastic itself. It appears to be a slower box than the H5.2TC but if all you want it for is to use on VM then it appears to be suitable.

Think I'll wait till the H7C or equivalent drops in price as I'd prefer a model with internal hard drive, they just look neater, albeit a little larger, but then again I think these boxes are sometimes too small and look a little naf. I wish there was a cable only tuner for the Vu+ Solo 2, I miss it :)

Would be good to hear if you got one to try and what your thoughts are on it.

Great spec box available is the Formuler F1 only £79.

Tech specs

Processor : Broadcom BCM7346B2 Dual Core 1.3GHz SoC, 3000 DMIPS *
*Note some 3rd party firmware/images may report the CPU speed as 1.1GHz this does not impact on performance.
RAM : 1GB DDR3
Flash Memory : 512 MB NAND
Output Resolution : Full HD 1080p60
System : Linux Enigma 2
Display : VFD (Vacuum Fluorescent Display) 8-Digits

DVB:
Tuner: 2x DVB-S2
1x Common Interface Slot
2x Smart Card Slots
Spare Plug & Play Tuner Slot (Satellite DVB-S/S2 and Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 Cable/Terrestrial tuners available).

Video:
AVC/H.264 MP/HP @L4.2
MPEG-2 MP @ML & HL
VC-1 Advanced profile @L3

Ports:
HDMI: HDMI 1.4
USB : 3x USB 2.0 (1 Front, 2 Rear)
Gigabit Ethernet : RJ45
AV : CVBS Video, L/R Audio, YPbPr Component Video
S/PDIF : Optical
Other : eSATA, SD Card slot, RS-232C, Power Input

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that AJT, just had an hours google about and it seems like a canny looking box but has only one slot provision for cable tuner and by the looks of it it is just a single too. So it might be better looking and faster but my zgemma h5.2tc has benefit of twin cable tuner.

Reactions: AJT
Back