Zgemma h1 setup for cable

Antontroy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi I've just ordered a zgemma h1 box for use on virmin cedia and after some advice and information on what I will need to do to get it up and running.
thanks in advance.

Thats the bit I don't follow sorry I sound a bit thick. Add a line. I know about bouqets as I used to have the old dbox.
thanks.

A line is basically a connection to another box/server that has a card for the provider your wanting. Its the IP, username and password the line is made up for the cam say mgcamd connects to that box to retrieve the ecm data it needs to clear the channel for you.

If you know your way around a Dbox which ran the Neutrino OS the you should have no problem with the Zgemma and the Enigma2 system both file structures are very similar using the same sort of programs to access them Filezilla etc...

I've bought one of these Zgemmas and I have to say I'm a bit lost, I'm used to enigma2 but the set up for cable only shows provider for Virgin 6952 which is ex telewest. I'm trying to scan 6887 and set the box for this symbol rate but tuning issues are awful, I get 90% of my had back, fta dong come through at all. Fta and hd checked in the scan menu.
Should've stuck to my old kv me thinks

I've bought one of these Zgemmas and I have to say I'm a bit lost, I'm used to enigma2 but the set up for cable only shows provider for Virgin 6952 which is ex telewest. I'm trying to scan 6887 and set the box for this symbol rate but tuning issues are awful, I get 90% of my had back, fta dong come through at all. Fta and hd checked in the scan menu.
Should've stuck to my old kv me thinks
What image are you using as likes of OpenVix and OpenATV, you can use their built-in AutoBouquetsMaker (ABM).

UPDATE:

A few other images support AutoBouquetsMaker (albeit odd screen has text missing) if you didn't want to use either OpenVix/ATV. You can download it manually here.

It doesn't work on Blackhole though but it does on Open Blackhole.

Last edited by a moderator:
Using the latest vix/hades sucmnsee from another forum. Got autoboquets but these images are still set for 6952 Glasgow.
I've used the autoboquets, I've also added scan network I'd 0002, 755000, 6887.
Got all my HD back plus all +1s. Normal council TV is tune failed, not sure what the crack is tbh.

Ok, for Scotland i've found the following NetID's:-

40981 Edinburgh 1
40982 Dundee Edinburgh 2
40984 Uddingston
40999 Perth
41009 Falkirk

From within ABM itself set NetID to nearest one you think is yours and do a scan. That's all you should need as ABM does all the other work for you.

Glasgow is 0002, done this. Using autoboquets but it's the FTA channels that's the issue. I've got all the HD and plus 1s. Not sure as to why the sd channels are not coming through. Not all of them I may add

Sorry, missed that one. Yes, 00002 Glasgow.

Do you know for sure that is correct netID? Could you get netid from an official box nearby?

Which FTA channels because on Virmin, they have very few FTA channels unlike Sky/Freesat.

Back