Zgemma backup image Star 2s.

th0ma5

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys, can anyone tell me how to create a backup image so that it can be used by others
to install on their box.

Anyone please.

Have you tried the AutoBackup via plugin menu ?

Feel the best method is the plugin Backupsuite although most image do have inbuilt backup plugins as Rat pointed out.

You dont mention the image your using though.

Hi I'm using openvix hades 012.

Ok mate have a mounted usb stick then follow this.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

With The Star 2s not been officially supported by vix id be tempted to use backupsuite to do this though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im sure someone who has this receiver will post you the correct file :) if Ferret has problems

I think the problem stems from the vix image been a patched and converted image from another receiver maybe the xp1000 or even the miracle box and that maybe the reason you get unsupported receiver.

Ill stick vix on a h1 zgemma sometime this week and see if i can figure it out.

cheers mate .. I really appreciate your help...

Right mate i nicked this off another forum so credits to scumnsee

Menu
setup
vix
Image manager
green for new backup

Then take the rar u get about 75mb. Unrar zgemma folder and inside it open 2s. Copy in files:
force
imageversion
splash
from an original flash folder
. Thats it ready to flash.

As i said earlier as this is a patched image from another box you need to use the file from the original image you flashed to overwrite the ones the vix backup made to get the backup to work.

OK. it's sounding a little complex but I'll give it a try.

Thanks again.

OK. it's sounding a little complex but I'll give it a try.

Thanks again.

Its not really.

Make the backup
FTP into the backup location and retrieve the zgemma folder.
Exchange the files mentioned above for the files from the image you originally flashed.

Cheers Rat thanks for your input and bouquets updater.

I've only been doing this a few months and then take into account my age (70 next) and things
aint what they used to be( despite being a yorkshire man) I will have a go tonight.

Last edited:
OK this is how it went.

backed up image> retrieved zgemma folder but inside was another folder XP.1000 not sh1.
xp folder contained 2 files kernel.bin and rootfs.bin. I copied the 3 files from original flash
into this folder.
Copied zgemma to formatted usb and placed in rear of box..... didn't flash went to boot.
I then remamed xp1000 folder to sh1, tried again... went to flash but stayed there for 30mins.

I switched off box and reflashed with openvix 012.... everything went well , box now up and running. I'm happy with that but thanks for all your help.

OK this is how it went.

backed up image> retrieved zgemma folder but inside was another folder XP.1000 not sh1.
xp folder contained 2 files kernel.bin and rootfs.bin. I copied the 3 files from original flash
into this folder.
Copied zgemma to formatted usb and placed in rear of box..... didn't flash went to boot.
I then remamed xp1000 folder to sh1, tried again... went to flash but stayed there for 30mins.

I switched off box and reflashed with openvix 012.... everything went well , box now up and running. I'm happy with that but thanks for all your help.

So did the backup flash or not mate ?

If it didnt how big was the rootfs.bin file ?

Back