Your favourite Beer ?

1664 for me.

fosters and carling are just lager flavourd water.

Another vote for the real beer from me. Larger is just chemicals in water. Real ale tastes so much better is much better for you!

I am nearly 28 now and stopped drinking larger a few years ago completly, but have been drinking bitter and ales since i was 17. Larger I think just makes you feel so bloted with all that unnatural fizz and chemicals.

Agreed though, you can't go to a s*it ale house and drink real ale becasue the landlord has to keep on top of temperature and the pipes etc.

I think my favourite beer is Caines Bitter, and the best pint I have probably had anywhere is in the Dispensery in Liverpool, the landlord is really proud of his quality beer. If you get the chance, try Timmermans Kriek (cherry beer - from the Fly in the Loaf in Liverpool), you might just like it.

I reckon the larger louts will be drinking real beer before long, even a moron can taste the difference between chicken and steak (or maybe not).

I love real beer and talking about it, so I'm going to shut up now...:Cheers:

Well it's got to be FREE BEER! lol

Failing that Carlsberg/Export does the trick.

And as a plan B when my 'beer' runs out, the missus wine isn't too bad either ;) But she gets so many different one's I can't name them lol

:)

Another vote for the real beer from me. Larger is just chemicals in water. Real ale tastes so much better is much better for you!

I am nearly 28 now and stopped drinking larger a few years ago completly, but have been drinking bitter and ales since i was 17. Larger I think just makes you feel so bloted with all that unnatural fizz and chemicals.

Agreed though, you can't go to a s*it ale house and drink real ale becasue the landlord has to keep on top of temperature and the pipes etc.

I think my favourite beer is Caines Bitter, and the best pint I have probably had anywhere is in the Dispensery in Liverpool, the landlord is really proud of his quality beer. If you get the chance, try Timmermans Kriek (cherry beer - from the Fly in the Loaf in Liverpool), you might just like it.

I reckon the larger louts will be drinking real beer before long, even a moron can taste the difference between chicken and steak (or maybe not).

I love real beer and talking about it, so I'm going to shut up now...:Cheers:

German Lager is not allowed to have chemicals in by law, thats why I loves Warsteiner aka wobbly if you served in Germany with the forces you'll know wot I mean. When I was in The Dispensery a few years ago he had a beer called Red Eric and it knocked the shite out me mate lol and I had to carry him back to the hotel, now 18 stone of pi**ed up male to carry takes some doin.

Bellhaven Best on draught, although it makes you fart like a camel !!
Becks in bottles........after years of experimentation it's the only one I don't get a thumping head with......tastes pish all the same.

vrb all night to see how meany it takes to pass out glens vodka will have to do so cheers

Duvels beer from Belguim, they sell it in small bottles.

I had like 8 of them years ago and was stopped by the filth on my way home(I was walking not driving) and could not remember my own feckin name !!

Now thats a good beer !!! lol

The brazilan stuff from nandos is good, cant't remember the names cause i had to many of time at lunch. i need my bed lol
:proud:

I don't but you've just answered your question - why do you think that most under 25's haven't had a beer?

They don't like it because it's different to lager

It's not 'cos they don't like it.
They start on lager as kids and don't drink anything else.

Dont want yo appear Tooooooooo old but who remembers Double Diamond, and Watneys red barrel now then ..... The old Double Diamond was :Cheers:a really good pint

......and Red Barrel was probably the worst beer ever foisted on the British public. It single-handedly kickstarted The Campaign For Real ale.

gotta be an ice cold Newcastle Brown in the bottle with condensation running down the outside mmmm mmmmm that really hits the spot

It's not 'cos they don't like it.
They start on lager as kids and don't drink anything else.

Again you jump to conclusions you not only think that all lager drinkers are aggressive but your now saying they start as kids

You've gone off the topic here mate, the original questions is what is your drink and you've started your own personal attack on lager drinkers

My point to you is that not all lager drinkers are aggressive, I've been drinking it for years and has never seen me in trouble, and another thing my kids don't drink it

on another note I've been experimenting with real beers of late and I know now who leaves the all the skid marks in the toliet pans at work - BEER Drinkers!

Again you jump to conclusions you not only think that all lager drinkers are aggressive but your now saying they start as kids

You've gone off the topic here mate, the original questions is what is your drink and you've started your own personal attack on lager drinkers

My point to you is that not all lager drinkers are aggressive, I've been drinking it for years and has never seen me in trouble, and another thing my kids don't drink it

on another note I've been experimenting with real beers of late and I know now who leaves the all the skid marks in the toliet pans at work - BEER Drinkers!

Most aggressive drinkers are larger drinkers though, lol...

Will you actually read what is written.

1) The thread is ' What is your favourite BEER?
I and others pointed out that lager is not beer.'

2) I said lager makes SOME people aggressive. (not all lager drinkers)

3) I said youngsters start drinking Lager so don't bother trying beer.

wish you lot would stop argueing and have a beer/lager/wine etc,anything but please chill out guys.
it was after all a "ighthearted" question:Cheers:

Will you actually read what is written.

1) The thread is ' What is your favourite BEER?
I and others pointed out that lager is not beer.'

2) I said lager makes SOME people aggressive. (not all lager drinkers)

3) I said youngsters start drinking Lager so don't bother trying beer.

You need to read the original post pal

What real beers are mentioned in post 1? Mickie referred to the word beer in a general way being either a real beer, lager or any alcoholic drink in general. If I said to all forum members are we going for a beer tonight does that mean we'll all be drinking real beer? I think not

Beer uses many varying ingredients, production methods and traditions. Different types of yeast and production methods may be used to classify beer as ale, lager or spontaneously fermented beer. Some beer writers and organisations differentiate and categorise beers by various factors into beer styles. Alcoholic beverages fermented from non-starch sources such as grape juice (wine) or honey (mead), as well as distilled beverages, are not classified as beer.

Back