Your expert knowledge needed!

brez1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Like a fool I followed somebodys advice here which has made things worse!!

I have a pace 1000 box and all was working fine but no ppv. So some1 advised me to remove the red jumper to reset the pin. However this has now reset the network id it seems and im gettin no channels at all!!!

I tried changing this to my area (warrington) via the engineers menu but this wont let me in to edit it.

Some1 suggests using libby to fix this? Can you help on how to use this? My laptop doesnt have a serial port (I use USB for cards) is this serial port needed to fix the network id as it cant be changed (09999 it is now) from the engineers menu. Shall I borrow a computer with a serial port? Is there any other easier way than this?

How do I go about using this libby to do so...I read something about config files but am a little confused.

Thanks for your help lads

i wonder which i diot told you that anyhow you will need a pc etc with a serial port then you will have to download libby and the config file for a 1000 then tale the next step i dont know much about laptops therefore cant help you on that

I have his username!!!

So whats the next step mate? I've borrowed a normal comp with a serial port and downloaded a config file for 1000. Now what do I do? I'm scared to plug the serial in incase I do more damage than good AGAIN!!!

have you downloaded libby??? if so load the config file in libby then connect the serial to the pc and the stb when you pulled the jumper it would have set the net id 09999 and freq 666.750 pin 0000
anyhow when serial is connected to both open libby and power the box up leave it you will see rolling number after a couple of seconds (autotest)
now expand network id click +
then highlight your area now press execute command then power the box off then do the same procedure again but this time in network id highlight get network id you will see the net id in the bottom right hand corner if it is ok power off if not repeat as before

now go into eng menu set your pin press tv to store then set frequency and bobs your uncle

Thanks a lot jimmyq m8. Does the stb have to be plugged into tv and cable at the same time as through the serial to the computer?

brez1 said:
Thanks a lot jimmyq m8. Does the stb have to be plugged into tv and cable at the same time as through the serial to the computer?

no mate

Back