Gloworm Betacom 30 inc 2 yr man gtee
£1850 fitted inc system flush
also included is new gas pipe from meter and 2 new radiator valves

Orion Electrotech
Worcester greenstar junior 28i
£2076 fitted 1 year gtee system flush + inhibitor
also included is new gas pipe from meter and 2 new radiator valves

What is better in your opinions guys

u cant beat a Worcester my friend thay are top grade boliers built to last!! hope that helps

Seems a bit expensive mate. A good Valiant combi boiler should set you back around £650ish plus the fitting which is no more than a couple of hundred quid. If you live in London drop me a PM and I can get someone to give you a quote.

Worcester mate

the plumber i work with only installs i model of the Worcester range and it kicks ass

can run a bath in 4-7 mins can heat the radiators to 98 degress instant hot water

now you can argue with that

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Thanks Guys - thats pretty conclusive stuff - im going worcester then ;)

Seems a bit expensive mate. A good Valiant combi boiler should set you back around £650ish plus the fitting which is no more than a couple of hundred quid. If you live in London drop me a PM and I can get someone to give you a quote.

Cheers munkey - im in gloucester though, I thought they were pretty OK prices ill get hard ass with em and let you know what I get off

Thanks Guys - thats pretty conclusive stuff - im going worcester then ;)

Cheers munkey - im in gloucester though, I thought they were pretty OK prices ill get hard ass with em and let you know what I get off

i dont know the exact model number but the boiler we use is £1800 before labour and all tht shit

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Make sure you get ya Corgi certificate. Good luck.

alright m8
the worcester range r very good ,a lot better than glow worm we use to fit glow worm a few years ago and they where rubbish.
anyway all combi boilers should have at direct pipe of at lease 22mm coming from your meter to the boiler,so dont think that they r doing you a favor by doing this its part of regs, and i am not 100% sure about all combi,s ,but we fit the baxi 105 HE mainly, and baxi req thermostaic rad valves on all radiators apart from 1 which is the bypass nomally your hall way or your bathroom radiator,

hope this helps ,and the price seems a little expencive we normal charge from £1650-£1800

and most houshold combis are factory set at about 12 litres per min for hot water , so a bath will take about 15-20 mins to fill .but you will get use to that

hope this helps

dave

alright m8
the worcester range r very good ,a lot better than glow worm we use to fit glow worm a few years ago and they where rubbish.
anyway all combi boilers should have at direct pipe of at lease 22mm coming from your meter to the boiler,so dont think that they r doing you a favor by doing this its part of regs, and i am not 100% sure about all combi,s ,but we fit the baxi 105 HE mainly, and baxi req thermostaic rad valves on all radiators apart from 1 which is the bypass nomally your hall way or your bathroom radiator,

hope this helps ,and the price seems a little expencive we normal charge from £1650-£1800

and most houshold combis are factory set at about 12 litres per min for hot water , so a bath will take about 15-20 mins to fill .but you will get use to that

hope this helps

dave

guarantee you mate the ones we fit run a good bath between 4-7 mins but mabye thats because the past few jobs that boiler has been on the same floor maybe even the next room as the bath lol maybe thats got suhin to tae wie it

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Sorry I dont mean to hijack this thread but from what I understood Valliant are the best boilers and then Worcester come 2nd?
Is this correct?

Sorry I dont mean to hijack this thread but from what I understood Valliant are the best boilers and then Worcester come 2nd?
Is this correct?

it all depends who you talk to m8,i fitted myself a worcester cdi in a bunglow i had and it was exerlent.in my house now i have fitted a baxi 105. i have 11 rads over 3 floors . and a big tub bath in bathroom and it works fine.
2 years ago me and a few m8s from work went down to the ideal factory in hull for a couple of days on a course on there boilers the isar range, and the man there was saying how good there boilers where. but they r not they r shit,
so as i say it will depend on what you want it for and who u ask ,i like the baxi

cheers dave

need some help lads, metal washing line post

opps dunno how that happened lol !

Last edited:
Hi all

Im doing my shed base in the garden, as in digging it out and our current cement stone line post is bang in the middle of the soon to be shed... and is nackered so will be coming out...

cheers
lol how did that get in here! - think wickes will do that mate!

I'm a bit confused.
I know nothing about boilers but I'm interested in the comments from those that know.
Some of you say that certain boilers are rubbish so what's wrong with them.
Surely all boilers have to be built to legal specifications.

I'm asking in case I have to replace my boiler.

I'm a bit confused.
I know nothing about boilers but I'm interested in the comments from those that know.
Some of you say that certain boilers are rubbish so what's wrong with them.
Surely all boilers have to be built to legal specifications.

I'm asking in case I have to replace my boiler.

alright m8,
in my opinon most fitters fit what they are comfy fitting : i.e. if it is big enough for the house , what they are use to fitting.what is cheapest for that size of house , so thats why i say baxi 105 { which i have in my own house } is ample for a normal house , so that is what i recomend .but you can spend loads on a boiler or you can buy a cheep boiler they will all do pritty much the same ,but the life expectany my differ . i always say for an average 3-4 bed room house you carnt go wrong with a baxi 105

hope this helps dave

Got a Vaillant myself 2nd one, had first one for 20 years.
Got a price off internet then rang a big supplier (Harrison McCarthy) and got a matching quote and got a local corgi fitter to fit for £150. That was just for straight boiler swap.

Worcester are now Bosch decent boiler, Had installed a Main which I believe is a Baxi in a prop I rent out, both decent,the Main though was a "B" which i had installed as I were'nt living there but supply and fit was a grand.

Also ALL central heating systems with Combi's need ONE rad with a normal valve and the rest can have Thermo's.

correct me if wrong won't take a fence.

Back