Xtrend ET8000

Kryton

<font color="PINK">I LOVE PINK</font>
VIP Member
Reaction score
Im looking for a twin tuner sat receiver to replace my Vu+ zero.
Ive seen this Xtrend ET8000 2x DVB-S2 Linux Enigma 2 Linux HD Digital Receiver PVR Ready[/url]

Has anybody used an Xtrend receiver that can give me some feedback on them please.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Not Used an Xtrend branded receiver since the first incarnation of the 9000 series around 5 years ago, although at the time the BCM chipset it used was the same as the Vu Ultimo and VU Uno before they where even released.

Some good reports on the 8000 model they are pretty much the rival to Vu+ in Germany

Hi Been using an Xtrend ET8000 twin for about six months. It took me some time to get set up but I managed it after following tuts on WOS. Using 1T usb hard drive to record onto. Remote is find but needed new batteries after about a month been ok since. The Remote is not as easy as a Sky Plus box but after a bit of coaching the better half has got used to it. The picture quality is fine. Anything else just ask.

i went to the next model xtrend 10000 2 sat + 2 cable tuners + 1tb internal as i have to replace old slow vu duo and wanted twin cable as a bonus.

Hi Been using an Xtrend ET8000 twin for about six months. It took me some time to get set up but I managed it after following tuts on WOS. Using 1T usb hard drive to record onto. Remote is find but needed new batteries after about a month been ok since. The Remote is not as easy as a Sky Plus box but after a bit of coaching the better half has got used to it. The picture quality is fine. Anything else just ask.

Cheers mate.
What do you think of it then? Im on the verge of buying it, a few things attract me to it, the price to start with, the ability for it to take a 3.5" sata hdd...as ive got a few of them hangijg around doing nothing.
Ive been told on WOS there was reports of cross epg being slow on xtrend, do you use cross epg? If so how do you find it?

Hi
Yes I use the cross epg and it works fine for me. It is slower than the Sky Plus box I had before but have nothing else to compare it with. "What do I think of it" = Takes a bit to set up but I was a novice, It does everything I wanted and now I have the better half on board and using it then have cancelled s**

Last edited:
i use cross epg on all my boxes and saved to kingston 8gb micro usb stick in rear,lately i have seen reports of time differences of 15 mins,i had that on cable but use epg refresh.
box has 7 days epg loaded and handy for advance recording setup.

hi is there any way u can tell me the voltage and amp of fan in a xtrend 8000 box please as i have bought 2 fans and i have to push to starts think there wrong amp i am running without a fan at moment

Back